Chapter 61 Arrival

It was almost the same season as when they came last year, but the scene at Yangzhou Wharf is quite different at this moment. Last year's desolation and decay turned into bustling and bustling.

Rows of fishing boats are parked on the shore, fishermen with straw hats pulling nets to catch fish, and the whispering voices of guests from Xuanzhou, boat owners wanting to drink, rendering the wharf very lively, the wharf It has not been completed yet, and some workers and soldiers will build roads and houses to make large ships.

Looking along the river bank, you can see a riverside fish farm formed by a wide rope net, and several wooden houses suspended from the bank. The houses sway with the river water, and there are occasional Active snakehead jumps upwards.

"Fresh fish, fresh fish, buy two and get one free!"

"Sell fish soup, drink a bowl for a penny, don't you want to drink a bowl to warm your body when you pass by?"

...

A little further from the wharf is the fish market , fish buyers and fish sellers gathered there, and some who knew how to do business started trading with merchants, selling fish soup and fish vermicelli on the side of the road. After a while, there were still people selling roasted meat fish.

The original mud road has also been repaired into a cement road. The flat land is clean and free from mud. Xiao Yuhe stood in front of the wooden fence, looking at the river and the big boat approaching gradually. Yes, it was that boat. , he couldn't help grabbing Duan Shubai's clothes with his hands, feeling a little nervous.

Duan Shubai rewrapped the cloak around him, held his hand, and comforted him silently.

The big boat docked, and surrounded by everyone, a woman who still had charm walked out of the boat. The lady looked about 30 or 40 years old, her face was a little bit like Xiao Yuhe's, with a gentle look on her face. With a smile and a face like a jade plate with a natural joy, he looks kind and generous.

She was wearing a dark red dress with deep stripes, and combed her hair meticulously and rigorously. Her appearance was graceful and luxurious. When Xiao Yuhe came down after seeing someone, she walked over excitedly, and called affectionately beside the woman: " Mother."

Duan Shubai also called out: "My lord mother-in-law."

He took a little look at his mother-in-law, and Duan Shubai once saw Xiao Yuhe's mother from a distance in his memory, and it seemed to be different from the present appearance. She used to be a jeweled and luxurious lady, but now she seems to be a lot more low-key?

"Mother's good Yuhe." Ma Shuqin hugged her son distressedly, and the mother and son, who had been separated for a year, hugged each other excitedly for a while. Ma Shuqin

looked at his huge belly, frowned and said, "How can such a heavy body blow the wind on the bank of this river?"

Her Yuhe is well-bred and plump, and her appearance is not bad compared to when she was in the Hou's mansion, and even more beautiful than when she was a teenager. I don't think I have suffered much in Yangzhou.

At the beginning, when Xiao Yuhe followed General Duan Shubai to Yangzhou, Ma Shuqin was worried and frightened for a long time at home, fearing that her child would have a bad life outside, but after receiving Xiao Yuhe's letter, she was relieved a lot.

Xiao Yuhe held his mother's hand, and said coquettishly, "Mother is here, and the child will naturally come to greet her in person."

"You child, you are going to be a father, and you are still so self-willed and childish."

Ma Shuqin said again Turning his head to look at Duan Shubai, half probing and half complaining: "You don't look at your husband."

Duan Shubai put his arms around Xiao Yuhe's waist, smiled generously, "Mother-in-law, you have come all the way Come here, Yuhe and I will come to greet you in person." After speaking, he teased again: "Even if my son-in-law really wants to stop him, how can we stop him?"

Xiao Yuhe patted his hand away, still half leaning on Duan Shubai's body, Ma Shuqin felt relieved when she saw her son and son-in-law flirting with each other under the nose of her old man.

Seeing the reluctance of her children before they got married, Ma Shuqin was afraid that the two would become a pair of resentful couples.

Now the tacit understanding between the two is natural, such a close relationship cannot be acted out.

Ma Shuqin used to be very worried about her family, Yuhe. Xiao Yuhe's temper looked indifferent, but in fact he was spoiled by them very much. He has a stubborn temper and a straight temper. He himself thinks that it is what it is. , I can speak according to my own temper, and I never have the shame to say some flattering words.

Her natal family is a merchant family, and her brothers are all slick and cunning, but when it comes to her home, Yuhe, they are completely different.

Ma Shuqin likes her child's temperament, but she is afraid that he will be a twin. Such a temper will inevitably be frustrated, and it is easy to get frustrated. She originally wanted him to marry him low, or to be with his cousin, but she watched from the sidelines at least She can take care of him, but an imperial decree made him marry Duan Shubai and go to Yangzhou, and she couldn't take care of him even if she wanted to.

"Seeing how loving you are, mother is relieved."

Xiao Yuhe blushed slightly. Duan Shubai said: "Mother-in-law , let's get into

the carriage together. It's windy here, so be careful if you catch a cold." Shuqin got into the carriage and took a seat, and then naturally hugged Xiao Yuhe by the waist and got into the carriage. Xiao Yuhe let out a small exclamation, feeling ashamed and embarrassed at the thought of her mother here.

Ma Shuqin brought a boatload of things over, Duan Shubai sent someone to unload the boat, she also brought many people, there were twenty or thirty servants, Duan Shubai arranged for them one by one Go back to the city together.

After getting into the carriage, Ma Shuqin sat on the main couch. Duan Shubai wanted to hold Xiao Yuhe in the carriage as he did when he came here, so as not to shake him uncomfortable, but at this time Xiao Yuhe was beaten to death and did not want to stay. In his arms, he had to sit alone, so Duan Shubai had no choice but to lean on him and put several soft pillows beside him, "Is this okay? Tell me if you feel uncomfortable."

Xiao Yuhe blushed, and was He nodded carelessly and submissively. At this moment, he only thought that the carriage under him could start immediately.

Xiao Yuhe leaned on Duan Shubai's arm, the carriage neighed, and the wheels rolled forward.

This little couple!

Ma Shuqin glanced at her eyes faintly, and couldn't stop smiling in her heart. Look at the way her son-in-law loves her son when she takes care of her son. With such love for her husband, it's no wonder that her stubborn son said in the letter Speaking of her husband, she also talked about her husband boasting about her husband.

The little emperor made a mistake in mandarin ducks, but it was a combination of mistakes and let her son marry the right person.

Ma Shuqin is looking at Duan Shubai now, it is the mother-in-law looking at her son-in-law, and the more she looks at it, the more she is satisfied.

His appearance is majestic and handsome, and his majestic and heroic spirit makes people's eyes shine at the first glance. He is really a heroic and mighty general. In the mansion before, there were other people who laughed at her Jia Yuhe. According to her, her son-in-law is much better than those so-called princes from the capital.

There are many rules in a wealthy family, and Ma Shuqin has suffered the most in her life. Now that her son can sing harmoniously with her son-in-law, she feels very relieved.

She looked at Xiao Yuhe's belly again, and there was a gleam of joy in her eyes. After a few months, she would be a grandma. She didn't bother to stay there in the Boyanghou Mansion.

The carriage moved forward steadily on the concrete road. It was the first time for Ma Shuqin to ride such a stable carriage. She felt it was novel. She opened the curtain and looked outside. She had never seen such a smooth gray concrete road before. In this carriage, it is more comfortable than the so-called eight-carriage sedan chair.

Huh? Ma Shuqin also saw someone walking forward on a strange thing with two wheels. She had doubts in her heart, but she didn't ask.

As the daughter of a merchant, Ma Shuqin married into the Hou's family. Some people would always laugh at her and ridicule her for being rare and strange. They made fun of her. Ma Shuqin was angry when she was young, but now that she is older, she takes these things lightly. , But also developed the habit of not asking too much.

After all, this is the first time I meet my son-in-law, so don't talk too much about such sidelines.

In the carriage, Ma Shuqin picked up the conversation and asked them about the couple's affairs in Yangzhou, such as how they were doing in Yangzhou, whether they were used to it, asking Xiao Yuhe if he wanted to see his mother, and so on.

"Eating habits."

"Of course I want to kiss my mother."

"We live in Xinyang City. I told my mother in a letter before. It's really the right time for my mother to come. Now the city is full of peach blossoms and it's so beautiful."

... ... Ma Shuqin

became more and more joyful the more she listened, she clapped her hands and laughed loudly and said, "The imperial decree is right, look how well you and your son-in-law are!"

Dip, now that I think about it, it's really impressive, and all the sweetness comes to my heart all at once.

"Mother, don't just talk about me, but also talk about how you are doing in the Hou's mansion."

Ma Shuqin sighed, and said slowly: "What else can you do? It's okay for you to leave and live alone . Interesting, eating fast and reciting Buddha's name, life is peaceful."

"Ah?" Xiao Yuhe was a little dazed after eating vegetarian food and reciting Buddha's name. It was hard for him to imagine that his mother would do these things. His mother wore gold and silver all day long, and she liked to wear luxurious clothes the most. Whenever there was excitement, she would be excited .

Speaking of which, his mother is really not used to wearing some "light and plain" clothes today.

"Mother is getting old, you need to cultivate your body and mind. Now three sticks of incense

a day are all to pray for you." In fact, she lived too leisurely, and was reprimanded by the old lady in Boyang Hou's mansion, saying that she spent all day She is cheerful in red and green, she doesn't look like a widow at all, okay, okay, she just learns to be a widow who eats vegetarian food and recites Buddha's name.

Needless to say, since she started to cultivate her body, eat vegetarian food and chant Buddha, she really feels much more comfortable, and people around her look at her differently.

For Ma Shuqin, this kind of "arty" taste is really interesting.

The carriage drove into Xinyang City, and a group of people got off the carriage. Ma Shuqin saw the scene of peach blossoms flying all around.

Ma Shuqin was a little surprised.

Although Xinyang City looks like a mountain city to her, the scenery here is much more beautiful than the so-called scenic spots in the capital.

She is also happy to live in such a place in the future.

That night, the family of three had dinner at the banquet, and the cook Ma Shuqin brought cooked all the meals Xiao Yuhe had loved the most. Xiao Yuhe was delighted and moved.

The family chatted lively.

While talking, Ma Shuqin suddenly said: "I am used to going to temples to offer incense and pray for blessings on the first and fifteenth day of the lunar new year in the capital. I don't know if there are any famous temples here?"

Duan Shubai pondered for a moment, and said: "There is no temple, but if mother likes it, there is a mountain in the southwest of Xinyang City with misty clouds and mists. Tomorrow I will have someone build a ladder and build a temple."