Chapter 90 Captured

What was the past, what is the present, only fools are willing to restore the past.

"Only by maintaining royal orthodoxy and complying with the destiny, God will bless our people..."

"You disobey the emperor and harm the court, and the good days will not last long."

...

A large group of people gathered at the gate of Xinyang City and A large group of people listened to Xun Bai's eloquence like a river, Xun Bai was delighted, and happily waited for the reaction of this group of people. After hearing his deafening words, they would definitely feel like a blow to the head.

However, the people of Xinyang City watched for a long time and saw them kneeling there, talking about the country's crisis, the country's righteousness, and the retribution of heaven and earth.

It would be more interesting for them to drink some tea and eat some dried persimmons.

"Mother, what are these people doing?"

"Don't look at them, they are crazy."

"Why don't the guards drive them out?"

Hearing the feedback from these foolish people, Xun Bai almost rolled his eyes in anger, and sure enough What kind of officials teach what kind of people, under Duan Shubai's rule, they are all a group of unreasonable fools and reckless people.

What he said was even worse, trying to elevate himself, saying that he saved the country and the people, scolding them for being insensitive and disregarding the safety of the country, especially the thief Duan, who is even more sinful, a sinner through the ages, and will be stigmatized forever.

"It's a man, so go north with us and drive Wangxia's rebels out of the north!"

"I'm a scholar, but I made this great wish. You are powerful, but you have to shrink to a corner..."

What Xun Bai was talking about was foam flying all over the place, he wanted to drink water, but he knelt here and couldn't move. A group of them knelt here and continued to make a scene, but there was no one on their side.

The crowd made way for a path, and several people walked forward with baskets. Xun Bai spoke again, and a rotten egg exploded just in front of his mouth. The rotten egg liquid splashed all over his face. There are rotten vegetables and leaves, rotten pig food and livestock manure.

Xun Bai and others were cursing at the gate of the city, which also aroused the dissatisfaction of many people in Xinyang City. General Duan who dared to scold them was really out of his mind. Before General Duan came, what kind of life did they live in Yangzhou?

Bandits are rampant, corrupt officials are in trouble, and the people are in dire straits... When General Duan came to arrest Qin Haizhu and paraded them through the streets, they hated their teeth, but they were so poor that they couldn't even throw away rotten eggs and rotten vegetables. People who are extremely hungry can't wait to eat their own stomachs.

What did the court do for them at that time?

Now they live well, have something to eat and clothes to wear. There is General Duan here, there is no heavy tax for exploitation, no need to pay huge taxes, no villains run rampant in the village, the city management is orderly, and the people live and work in peace and contentment.

They would rather General Duan rule here than return to the rule of the imperial court.

Xun Bai knelt at the front, and was hit by a few rotten eggs on his face. After wiping off the stuff on his face, his body stinks, exuding a stench that makes people vomit.

He pointed at the group of people who dared to smash his rotten eggs, his whole body trembled, his voice trembled, and he cursed completely: "You bunch of illiterate fools, Duan Shubai's lackeys."

"You are well-dressed, but you don't know The people in the north are suffering."

"You bugs soaked in honey."

"You guys stink even worse than this rotten egg!!!"

"Duan dog thief, you will be punished."

Someone from the crowd came out and said, "A few years ago we got plague and the whole village was going to die. , Where is the court?"

"Several generations of emperors were greedy for pleasure, and all affairs were ruled by the eunuchs, who sold officials and nobles, oppressed the people, and indulged the eunuchs... Such a court is exhausted and should have been overthrown long ago."

"The people in the north Suffering, that is not caused by the imperial court. There is no reason for what you say. It is under the rule of the imperial court that the common people live in dire straits, but you want us to maintain the rule of the imperial court. Isn't this a joke?"

"Follow the destiny The emperor who listens to the teachings of the eunuch party is not the destiny, only the one that can make us live a good life is the destiny."

Xun Bai shouted: "How can you say such insincere words to overthrow the imperial court in broad daylight? , His heart can be punished!! His heart can be punished!!"

"You have never read any books of sages, and you fools who can't read farts are really stupid."

"You illiterate people, what is the difference from animals. "

The incident that happened here finally attracted the guards of Xinyang City. The leading guard came over and said softly: "Beasts know warmth and heat, let alone people. The people are not stupid. Whoever treats them well is in their hearts Naturally I remember." The

crowd booed: "That's right, you are illiterate, don't think that you are the only one who has read books and can speak the truth, we also went to school and learned how to read.

" Stupid."

"You said we don't know the suffering of the people, have you ever eaten tree bark or gnawed mud? Do you know the feeling of being extremely hungry?"

...

Surrounded by the citizens of Xinyang City, this group of kneeling scholars was still taken away, but the reason for taking them away was none other than that it would damage the appearance of the city.

This group of people got their wish and were captured by Duan Shubai's people, but they were not happy at all, because their uprightness was smashed by a group of people with rotten eggs. Come to announce the world, but now they are smashed with rotten eggs by the people in their mouths. If such a thing spreads, where will they put their faces.

"How could they hit us with rotten eggs, making us commit a heinous crime, obviously they..."

Xun Bai scolded: "This is a group of animals who don't respect the law and the Holy Spirit."

"They are definitely not ordinary people, They are Duan Shubai's associates, all of them are rebels!!"

"Rebels—" A

basin of water was poured down, and Xun Bai's heart was completely cooled. With a basin of cold water in winter, his clothes were drenched and his hair was sticky On his body, the cold wind blew past, and it was bitingly cold, and he couldn't help shivering.

After shivering and beating, Xun Bai was even more excited, and shouted: "You persecuted Zhongliang, you will get your revenge sooner or later!!!"

"No matter how much torture you torture us, we will not make us rebel against the court."

"You kill scholars indiscriminately. When people in the world know Duan Shubai's evil deeds, I want you minions to follow him in a long history."

Yu Zhou, the leading guard, smiled lightly, waved his hands, covered his nose, and asked someone to give him another sentence. These grime-covered righteous scholars poured another basin of water, "Don't get me wrong, we're not trying to persecute you, see clearly, we're just giving you a bath, and we're on our way after the bath."

Xun Bai scolded: "What road to take."

"We are not afraid even if it is Huangquan Road!" He looked desperate.

"Don't try to bribe us."

Yu Zhou smiled and shook his head, "We dare not send you to Huangquan Road, all scholars are dedicated to the king, the general was deeply moved, and decided to send us to personally send you to Rongzhou, to serve the emperor and serve the emperor. "

What??"

Xun Bai panicked. In Xuanzhou, they don't have to worry about farming and mulberry, and they don't have to work hard. Encouraged by others, I came here to make a fuss for the sake of a long history.

But everything went unsatisfactory, the people didn't listen to them, and they were smashed all over. This kind of thankless thing, their reputation will be ruined after it gets out.

They came to make trouble to gain a good reputation for themselves, but the matter of reputation has not yet been settled. They came to ask General Duan to go to the North to serve the Holy Majesty, but why are they the ones being sent to Rongzhou now? ? ?

Is it true that these powerless scholars are going to fight against the fierce generals in the north? Wouldn't that be hitting a stone with an egg?

However, what happened now, Xun Bai and others had no choice but to bite the bullet.

"Go and go, we are not afraid of horse leather shrouds."

Yu Zhou led his men to wash them clean, put on rough cloth clothes, and gave them a bowl of carrot soup. Many people in the crowd were dissatisfied, "Why is there no meat??"

"We want to eat meat, how can a little radish fill our stomachs?"

Yu Zhou ignored them. These people kept saying that they understood the suffering of the people, but they couldn't even drink a sip of radish soup. He closed his eyes and asked them to be escorted Get on the carriage, there is another person waiting for them in the carriage, that is Zong Zhonghai.

Zong Zhonghai was overjoyed when he saw Xun Bai: "Brother Xun, let's go to Rongzhou to serve the court together, and that thief Duan Shubai has done a good job!"

"We scholars are also seven-foot men, if you don't believe it, you can't drive the Wangxia people out of the capital."

Xun Bai looked at him like he was looking at a fool.

He's used to seeing the wind and moon, his eyes are poisonous, the person in front of him is nostalgic for the wind and moon scene, he only shows off his prestige on famous actresses, he went to the north, and he was cut like a watermelon.

Crossing the river to Xuanzhou, the wheels went all the way north, and their team added many scholars who wanted to serve the country, and they also talked about supporting orthodoxy.

Xun Bai and his group were the first to be arrested, but they didn't have the same enthusiasm as before. Yu Zhou didn't starve them, but let them eat dried sweet potatoes all the way. Three meals a day were boiled dried sweet potatoes. If they were hungry, they ate dried sweet potatoes. , tube full.

Xun Bai and the others had already eaten sweet potatoes.

What made them even more unbearable was that on the way they went north, there were many 8-foot-tall men from the north going south to Yangzhou. Some of these big men were former soldiers from the north.

That's right, it's just admiration. Although Duan Shubai's reputation was completely ruined by Rongzhou Nie Kun in the circle of scholars, his reputation in the circle of warriors became more and more resounding.

Although the things he did in the south did not conform to the Dao of benevolence and righteousness, he did things with ease. The people of Yangzhou had no worries about food and clothing, and were peaceful and stable. He governed the four states like a peaceful and prosperous age far away from the hustle and bustle, and the people of the four states obeyed him. , what can they outsiders say?

The ruling of the imperial court is corrupt, and only those who are blind or have no conscience can say a few good things about the imperial court.

These northerners have been persecuted even more by the imperial court and the eunuch party, and they have long been dissatisfied with the imperial court. Although they felt that Duan Shubai's letter was a fallacy, after reading it, they thought of the distraught look of the disastrous king. One sound: "Careful." It's

your own fault!

This imperial court is exhausted, you and I can go our separate ways.

The old department of Duan Shubai in the north fled southward to Xiayangzhou on a large scale.