Chapter 144 Lesson

Duan Shubai led his men all the way to the north on horseback, and finally returned to Xinyang City before the evening of New Year's Eve. At this time, the city was full of lights and festoons, and even when night fell, the streets were still full of bustle and bustle. .Red

lanterns are hung under every corner of the eaves. The pedestrians are more bustling than before. People with different clothes can be seen on the street. During this period of time, there have been many foreigners in Xinyang City.

Duan Shubai led his troops into the city. As soon as they entered the city, they slowed down the speed of their horses. A group of people walked leisurely with the hooves of the horses. The sound of gongs and drums could be heard on the street. In addition to the red lanterns, there were also various lights that attracted people's attention. The shops next to it are also very lively.

The inns in the city were full of foreigners.

The gradually lit lights illuminate Xinyang City like daytime.

Duan Shubai rode his horse to stop in front of Duan Mansion's gate, but he hadn't reached the gate yet, just seeing the closed gate, a smile appeared on his mouth unconsciously. When he got off his horse and entered the door, the oncoming people were surprised to see him and said in a panic, "General, why are you back? I'll report to the old lady!"

"Wait a minute, what happened in the mansion ?" ?"

Duan Shubai wondered, why did the gatekeeper ask him why he came back at this time? He wrote to Xiao Yuhe early tomorrow morning to inform Xiao Yuhe that he would be back today. Based on what he knew about Xiao Yuhe, he felt strange that his beloved husband was not at the door watching him back. But his family, Yuhe, loves to pretend and be arrogant, so he guessed that his emotions would not leak out and stood at the door carelessly waiting for him to come back.

Of course, now that his beloved husband is pregnant, Duan Shubai is also reluctant to let him blow the cold wind.

However, at this time, the people in the mansion would ask him why he came back in a panic, so obviously, another major event must have happened in the mansion, so they didn't bother to welcome him back.

"General, Madam is giving birth. It's been a whole day, and the baby hasn't come out..."

Duan Shubai was taken aback by the sudden thunder: "What?"

"Yesterday, when Madam was walking in the yard, suddenly ——"

Duan Shubai didn't have the patience to listen to him continue, and after handing over the horses to someone, he strode towards the inner courtyard. The maids and servants in the courtyard were hurrying, and he walked quickly past the pavilions and waterside pavilions , walked straight towards the house with the largest crowd.

Xiao Yu and Xiao Qiao, the servant girl under her command, learned that the general was back, and hurried over to lead the way. Duan Shubai's steps were bigger than hers, and Xiao Qiao had to trot to keep up with him.

Ma Shuqin hugged Xiao Tuantuan and watched nervously outside the delivery room, "It's been a day, why hasn't the baby come out yet?"

"Mother-in-law." Duan Shubai saw Ma Shuqin, went up to him and called, and by the way hugged her from Ma Shuqin's hand After leaving Xiao Tuantuan, Xiao Tuantuan may have been guarding outside with grandma for most of the day, and at this time he had already fallen asleep exhausted.

Duan Shubai hugged Xiao Tuantuan in his arms, and without waking him up, kissed his immature cheek.

"Shubai, you're back." Ma Shuqin yelled anxiously, even though she was almost over fifty years old, but at this moment her own son was lying in it, she was also anxiously confused and had no idea.

She looked at Duan Shubai in front of her, and couldn't help repeating the previous sentence, "It's been a day, why hasn't the baby come out yet?"

Duan Shubai listened to his mother-in-law's words, and he kissed again Ear, call the maid who takes care of Xiao Tuantuan, and let him go down to rest with the child in his arms.

Ma Shuqin saw Duan Shubai's calm look, her own son gave birth to him, and now the situation of both adults and children is unknown, but her son-in-law didn't worry about them, the discomfort in her heart surpassed anxiety .

Not to mention that Ma Shuqin's mind was filled with thousands of speculations, why her son-in-law had a newcomer outside, and he was so sticky before, but now he looks like those stinky men in the Hou's mansion...

Was it the last time I came back to see Yuhe ? This person changed his mind.

...

Duan Shubai didn't know what was going on in his mother-in-law's mind at this moment. After he handed over the child to someone else, he quickly walked towards the delivery room.

Ma Shuqin, who was still guessing wildly, saw this situation, so she didn't use other guesses. It turned out that her son-in-law was not calm, but calm on the surface. In fact, he was so flustered that he didn't know what to do.

"You must never go in that place, you just wait outside honestly with me—"

Duan Shubai heard that Xiao Yuhe had been inside for a whole day, how could he still listen to other people's words at this moment? What I want to do most is to see Xiao Yuhe.

"Don't go in, how can the baby be born if you go in!"

"Stop for me, hurry up, stop the general!!"

But for Duan Shubai, who is tall and powerful, who can stop him at this time? Can't stop him, he pushed open the door and strode into the delivery room, frightening the women inside.

Ma Shuqin saw that her son-in-law had rushed in first, shook her head behind, and muttered: "Look at your evil spirit, don't scare

the child back." After shaking her head, Ma Shuqin couldn't help showing her mouth again . With a gratified smile, she asked someone to close the door, so that the old lady would not join in the fun.

Let the son meet his son-in-law, maybe the child will come out in a moment of excitement?

Thinking of this, Ma Shuqin went to greet people, "The few famous doctors who came to the house must be treated well."

For Xiao Yuhe's delivery this time, he was afraid that the adults and the child would be in danger, so the mansion invited many doctors to guard them.

When Duan Shubai entered the delivery room, the women in the room shrank and did not dare to speak, Duan Shubai couldn't care about them, his eyes could only accommodate the person lying on the bed.

There was a faint smell of blood in the air.

Xiao Yuhe's face was pale, his consciousness was blurred by the pain after another, he couldn't open his eyes, and he couldn't use his strength. Duan Shubai walked quickly to his side and took his hand.

Duan Shubai felt extremely distressed, Xiao Yuhe's complexion was even more miserable than white paper, the cold sweat on his forehead made him even more haggard, the entire gorgeous face lost its former glory, and the cinnabar mole between his eyebrows also became dim. Light.

There are lights and festoons outside to celebrate the festival, but here it is tortured by pain.

"Yuhe."

Xiao Yuhe barely opened his eyes, saw Duan Shubai in front of him, his lips moved, the eyes of the beautiful fox glistened, and his voice was weak and powerless, "Are you back? Heard the noise outside Yes, I knew it was you who came back."

He opened his eyes and looked at Duan Shubai in front of him without blinking.

There was a trace of grievance and resentment in those blurred eyes.

It's all your fault, you two, one didn't come back sooner, and the other didn't come out later.

If he had come back earlier, he would not have bumped into his childbirth appearance at this time, and he, Xiao Yuhe, would not be in such a mess. He has worked so hard to dress up for so long, and all his efforts have been in vain.

Xiao Yuhe would rather Duan Shubai see his appearance when he was in confinement than he would see his bloodless appearance at this time.

He felt a little regretful in his heart, did he tell this little guy yesterday to tell him to come out a day or two late, and this little guy kept his words in his heart, so he stuck to his stomach and refused to come out no matter what. Duan Shu took the handkerchief from Wen Po with trembling white hands, and wiped the cold sweat from Xiao Yuhe

's forehead. His voice was hoarse, and he called out, "Yuhe, does it hurt?"

With all his strength, he opened his eyes and glared at him, "It hurts me to death." Duan Shubai blamed himself so much, his

palms were sweating, "It's all my fault."

Why didn't you come out? I thought he was a well-behaved child, but he turned out to be less worrying than Tuantuan. Hey, Duan Shubai, you have to remember it for me. When the child comes out, I have no strength. You must remember to give it to me. I spanked his little butt a few times, so that this little bastard will have a long memory, and he will not come out of Daddy's stomach, this little bastard, you must remember!"

"This little bastard must also be like you, for sure Like you, it's so difficult for me to have a child like mine."

"Little bastard, you must remember to teach him a lesson for me..."

Xiao Yuhe complained to Duan Shubai indignantly. The pain in his chest seemed to have disappeared, Duan Shubai kissed his cheek lovingly, and said with a broken smile: "Don't worry, I will definitely spank his ass when he comes out."

"Tuantuan and Yuanyuan are both little bastards, why am I so unlucky, I'm pregnant with two little bastards."

"They'll be good when they grow up, just wait."

"They'll grow up like you, but they're also bad, full of bad water."

...

The stable women on the side didn't know where to put their hands and feet at first, but after listening to the two talking, they gradually got used to the presence of an extra man in the delivery room. , talk less, save some energy, and give birth to the child in one go later."

In fact, Wen Po was also extremely surprised, seeing their wife's dying appearance and being exhausted, all of them thought to themselves. It's not good, but when the general came, he suddenly became lively. When he first entered the delivery room, he never saw his wife jump like this.

Duan Shubai also followed what Wen Po said, and told Xiao Yuhe, "Did you hear that, talk less and save some energy."

Xiao Yuhe squinted his eyes, curled his lips, and said disdainfully, "What energy to save? No matter what The little bastard just can't come out with force, and he's still working hard? How much have I got angry? The child just can't come out." The pain in his body was so painful that he was numb, and now he wanted to talk. I have accumulated a lot of things to say to Duan Shubai.

Duan Shubai persuaded softly: "Hey, let's try again."

Xiao Yuhe let out a few dissatisfied hums and chirps in his nasal cavity, and then said coyly: "I'm hungry, I want to eat, don't eat How can something be vigorous?"