Chapter 38

Duan Shubai asked: "How is the situation of the villagers who have been infested?"

The bandits who attacked Yishan are a disgusting bunch, they are like locusts, they burn, kill and loot without leaving any room, no matter how poor the family is Rich, they can shave you off. Some naive and wealthy people who are ignorant of the world and have read a few novels may have heard of a few righteous bandits and robbers, and they think that bandits all over the world are so forced to take over the mountains and become kings. Only the poor people who are oppressed by thieves and bandits can understand the hatred and disgust of those people.

Zhang Changle sighed, and replied: "In Shangxi Village, which was the hardest hit, most of the villagers' homes were emptied of food, and several households in other villages were also robbed. They not only robbed food, but also robbed many people. Few people."

Among the people who were robbed, there were many women and young people. The thieves naturally raped, humiliated, and raped the women, while the young guys were taken hostage by thieves. If they have money, they can redeem them. Come on, those who have no money depend on the mood of the thieves and the kindness of the mountain head. Some kill, some stay on the mountain to do hard work, stay on the mountain for a long time, and even become assimilated into bandits.

"The most important thing now is to appease the villagers."

Zhang Changle nodded: "Most of the suffering villagers were resettled in Xinyang City, and they happened to be arranged with the Jianzhou refugees. Some of them lived together and were injured by bandits. The villagers have been treated by military doctors."

"The villagers have almost been properly appeased."

"What about the other villages around Yangcheng?"

"People are in panic, and many people have moved into Xinyangcheng one after another today." Weeping

on the side The tearful couple regretted hearing this. His wife, Feng Yufeng, broke down in tears. She should have moved her daughter to Xinyang City long ago. There is General Duan guarding here, and her daughter would not have suffered such a catastrophe.

Her daughter Tingting has already made a marriage contract with the young man of the Cui family. This year's autumn harvest is rich, and the two families are very happy. Tingting is sewing wedding clothes at home. I feel like the sky is falling down.

"General Duan, you must be the master for us!" The

village head and the couple knelt in front of Duan Shubai and begged endlessly. Duan Shubai helped them up, and he looked at Zhang Changle and said, "Pease people first. Well, it's important, and at the same time, we need to strengthen the patrolling around."

Duan Shubai then sneered, "I won't let those bandits go."

He held up the village head's hand and patted the back of his hand: "Old Villager Don't worry, Changye, I will avenge your bandits and recover the robbed food. This lady, your daughter and my soldiers will do their best to rescue your daughter, so please wait in peace in Xinyang City for the time being."

Shangxi Village The three nodded crying.

Duan Shubai asked people to send them away, and asked them to comfort them.

"Changle, go and call the five captains over here."

Duan Shubai sat in the middle of the meeting hall and looked at the map around Yangzhou, his brows were tightly frowned, and his mood sank to the bottom. He knocked on the table with his index finger bent. He had only been out for two days, and there were rats making trouble in his area. Thieves had always been serious in Yangzhou. Now that he has some background in Xinyang City, it's time to clean the door of his house.

"General, we're here."

Duan Shubai raised his head, and eight people came in consecutively from outside the door, except for Zhang Changle and the five captains, there were two other people.

Among the other two people, one is the captain of the reform-through-labour team, and the other Duan Shubai saw in the first morning among the refugees in Jianzhou. The man was dressed in tattered gray and black clothes. With wide eyes and broad brows, he is also a tough and tough man. He has suffered from famine, but there is still a sense of righteousness in his body.

Duan Shubai stood up, and the eight of them saluted him together.

Duan Shubai looked at the two of them, thought for a moment, and said half-doubt: "You..."

The man in tattered clothes in the crowd came forward and knelt down, and introduced himself: "I am from Jianzhou Suiyuan Wang Kai, a villager in the county, on behalf of all the refugees in Jianzhou, I thank the general for his life-saving grace." Afterwards, he bowed three times and knocked his forehead on the floor three times, "I once believed Zheng Li's one-sided words. , followed the crowd to cause chaos and harm others, and now came to Yangzhou, and was helped and rescued by the people of Yangcheng, and I was deeply ashamed of the misunderstanding of General Duan's behavior at the beginning, and I and other Jianzhou brothers are really ashamed.

" The people of Yangzhou were rioted by bandits, their food was robbed, and the fertile land in Jianzhou was also washed away by the flood... We feel the same as the people of Yangzhou. When I come to Xinyang City, I will be a person of Xinyang City in the future, Jianzhou More than 300 strong men are willing to take the lead and help the people of Yangzhou eliminate the banditry."

After Wang Kai finished speaking, Su Gang who was beside him also hurriedly stood up. The members of the team have all done many wrong things with Qin Haizhu and Heifengzhai, and now they have all changed their ways, praying for the general to allow us to go up the mountain to suppress the bandits, and make meritorious deeds."

Duan Shubai mused for a moment, his frowning brows relaxed Opened, he smiled, and helped Wang Kai up: "I accept the wishes of the people of Jianzhou, but you are new here, have traveled a long distance, and are not familiar with the terrain of Yangzhou, so it is best to stay in Xinzhou now." Rest and recuperate in Yangcheng."

"Wang Kai, are you willing to be one of my subordinates?"

Wang Kai opened his eyes wide and said with great joy, "All three hundred of us are willing to serve the general."

Duan Shubai nodded: "Very well ." Alright, starting tomorrow, you will also train with the soldiers."

Duan Shubai turned his gaze to Su Gang again.

Su Gang looked at him with eager and longing eyes, Duan Shubai patted him on the shoulder with the corner of his mouth hooked, this man is simple and honest in nature, he performed very well in maintaining order in the sweet potato tasting meeting, Duan Shubai saw it in his eyes , since he is willing to reform, then he will naturally not give up.

Duan Shubai ordered: "Su Gang, Liang Lei, I now order you to lead the left and right vanguards to suppress the bandits, each with two hundred soldiers, and go up the mountain tomorrow to wipe out the bandits."

Liang Lei and Su Gang clasped their fists and accepted the order, "Yes."

Duan Shubai It makes sense to choose Liang Lei and Su Gang to lead the battle. The suppression of bandits is different from the confrontation between the two armies, but a small-scale battle of wits. They are natives of Yangzhou, and they are familiar with the terrain of Yangzhou and the local dialect. , and have dealt with the bandits in Yangzhou before, and know something about the bandits in Yangzhou. Let them go, and they are more adaptable than others.

Besides, after training them for so long, it's time to show him their abilities.

You can't let him do everything himself.

Duan Shubai asked them to come and have a meeting together, "Wang Kai, come and listen too."

He took a seat at the front, and the others sat at the left and right. , although they are all mobs who bully the weak, they occupy the terrain and should not be underestimated... Liang Lei, Su Gang, you must not be careless in fighting bandits. , flexible combat."

"Show what you have learned and tell me that the training in the past few months has not been in vain."

Duan Shubai pointed on the map. Xinyang City is in the southwest of Yangcheng, and the bandits are in the southeast of Yangcheng. They are located in the northern part of Yangzhou. Falling into the hands of pirates, with the current power of Xinyang City, his hand slid across a mountain on the map. That mountain is called Xiya Mountain. With Xiya Mountain as the boundary, the bandits on the north side of Xiya Mountain are out of control, occupying the top of the mountain and making trouble , it was the gang that came to Yangcheng to cause trouble. The bandits in the south of Xiya Mountain have already formed several forces, each with thousands of people and subordinate villages.

Duan Shubai made a decision: "Within one month, wipe out all the bandits north of Xiya Mountain."

Everyone nodded solemnly.

Duan Shubai led a group of people to sit together to discuss the battle plan. He raised a few key points, and everyone brainstormed and came up with many solutions. You are going to suppress the bandits, and you deal with affairs in Xinyang City every day, Lao Zhang and I are going to be rusted."

Zhi Yongjun and Jiang Bai also said: "Yes, yes, there is no fighting when building a house and farming Interesting."

Duan Shubai squinted at Zhang Changle: "Are you still blaming me?"

Zhang Changle clicked his tongue twice to soothe his little heart, shook his head and said, "How dare I blame the general."

Duan Shubai turned his gaze again Turning to Zhi Yongjun and Jiang Bai, "Hmph, it's okay if you want to fight, and I happen to have very itchy hands, come and fight with me tomorrow morning."

Zhi Yongjun shook his head like a rattle: "General, I suddenly I still think it's more interesting to dig a hole and plant the land. Didn't you bring back a new batch of peach trees? I'll plant them all tomorrow."

Jiang Bai: "I'm going to work hard to bring people to build houses, build houses, build houses..."

It's a joke, what kind of tricks did they have with the general, they were obviously brothers and sisters who were beaten together, especially after the general and his wife became more and more inseparable recently, the energy was even more vigorous, sweeping the area alone, they could not be beaten together if they wanted to be beaten together, and The general is getting worse and worse. He only hits people in the face, and every time his eyes are bruised and his mouth is swollen. What's even more frightening is that after the general finishes beating people, he still has to discuss their love life with them. How come the clothes on his body are made by his wife himself and cannot be torn or anything, and he still pretends to care about their marriage, and even pretends to care about his subordinates.

The most painful thing in life is this.

Jiang Bosheng thought unrequitedly: I would rather go to repair the toilet when fighting with the general.

Zhi Yongjun: I'd rather pour manure water.