Chapter 34 Refugees

Because it was a temporary decision to return to Yangzhou in advance, Duan Shubai got up early and went to the inn to deal with the matter.

He took the people from the inn to a newly rented yard in Jianxing, and a dozen people held a meeting in the hall.

Duan Shubai sat at the main seat, and ten people stood below him. He took a sip of tea before he said, "I will give each of you one thousand taels of silver. After one year, I hope that the money in your hands will increase by dozens of times." , hundreds of times."

These dozen or so people are business geniuses he selected in Yangzhou, and he brought them to Xuanzhou to let them take root in Xuanzhou for business. One of them is to accumulate money. The second is to accumulate contacts in Xuanzhou. Sooner or later, Yangzhou will do business with Xuanzhou people, and the sweet potato and corn products they grow will also be sold to Xuanzhou. At that time, doing business with your own people is better than doing business with others Do business better.

Cast the net widely, catch more fish, choose the best ones and follow them.

Duan Shubai didn't expect that all of them could gain a foothold in Xuanzhou and become a world-class rich man. As long as one of them could establish a trade network in Xuanzhou, he would be satisfied.

The ten people said in unison: "We will never disappoint the general's expectations."

Duan Shubai laughed loudly, glanced at them firmly, asked someone to bring a jug of wine, poured it for them himself, and everyone raised their hands The cup is drained.

After finishing the matter, Duan Shubai rode to the Sun's residence. When he arrived at the Sun's residence, it happened that Sun Zhixin and his wife sent Xiao Yuhe out together.

"Yuhe, General Duan went out early in the morning and said that he had to deal with some matters. He said that if he couldn't come back, we would send you to the pier directly."

"Yuhe, I really want to keep you for a few more days."

" You can memorize the wine making method clearly, if there is anything you don't understand, you can send someone to ask me..."

"Yes, thank you Mrs. Sun." Xiao Yuhe dealt with Sun Zhixin and his wife absent-mindedly. When he woke up in the morning, his surroundings were suddenly empty, and there was no shadow of Duan Shubai. , He couldn't say much.

He was about to step over the threshold, when he bumped into Duan Shubai who was about to get off his horse, he was overjoyed, his steps were fast, and he trotted to Duan Shubai like a bird. He shouted in a panic from behind: "

Young master, young master—— " Qiu Ran stopped crying when she saw her son-in- law.

With a smile on his face, Duan Shubai hugged the husband who ran over into his arms with a doting face, and whispered in the other's ear with a voice that could only be heard by two people: "What? I haven't seen you for half an hour. Already ?"

Xiao Yuhe, who was relieved, suddenly thought of the group of people behind him, hurriedly pushed them away, with rings on his body, and blushed to blame: "Who told you to leave so early in the morning without saying goodbye. Duan Shubai patted his head: "

Didn't I see that Fulang was sleeping soundly, so I was afraid I would disturb you."

When the Sun family couple who came out from behind saw the couple's stickiness, Mrs. Sun covered her mouth with a veil Smiling, he took Sun Zhixin's hand and winked: "Look at this couple, how loving they are, they can't be separated for a moment."

"Yuhe is different after seeing Lord Duan." "How much Lord

Duan loves you." Husband, you don't follow suit."

Sun Zhixin cupped his hands and begged his wife for mercy: "Madam, isn't your husband spoiling you enough?"

Madam Sun scolded with a smile: "How can you compare to General Duan."

Walking at the back Fu Qianxi, who was guarded by two officers and soldiers, squinted his eyes with contempt on his face. He was arrested and locked up in the Sun Mansion overnight. The scum on his face was even worse. The grass is generally raised.

Fu Qianxi gritted her teeth angrily, looked at Duan Shubai who was holding the beauty in front of her, and cursed in a low voice: "General Dog."

"Beauty Township, Hero Tomb... No, it's the toad eating swan meat."

Duan Shubai hugged Xiao Yuhe and walked over to meet Sun Zhixin.

Sun Zhixin smiled and said: "I have already asked people to prepare the people and the boat."

Duan Shubai nodded and smiled, "So, thank you, Mr. Sun.

" I will solve the problem in front of me."

Fu Qianxi pursed his mouth and listened to the two people's hypocrisy and arrogance, his teeth were sore, he couldn't help but look up at the sky, he made up his mind in his heart, even if he was forced to go to Yangzhou, he would He will also defy power, firmly fight against evil forces, and will not obey the orders of General Dog to the death.

Sooner or later, he will escape back to Xuanzhou!

Several people were chatting and laughing as they were about to get into the carriage——

"Master Sun, it's not good!! It's not good!!!"

A Lite Xing officer and soldier arrived on a fast horse.

The man staggered and fell off the horse, with a flustered look on his face, and he just yelled in alarm: "Master Sun is bad—"

Sun Zhixin frowned and interrupted: "It's not proper to be noisy, talk well, what's wrong Already?"

The eyes of the people around were all focused on the soldier who came to report the news on horseback.

Panting heavily, the soldier said in shock, "Master Sun, a riot broke out among the refugees outside the city."

"What? A riot??" Sun Zhixin took a step back in shock, and said to himself in disbelief: "Impossible, I have already sent people to say that they will be resettled to Yangzhou. The boats are ready. They still have What's so turbulent?"

Duan Shubai and the others were equally puzzled.

The soldier panicked and said: "Yes, we sent people there, but some of the refugees spread rumors, saying that Mr. Sun planned to coax them into the boat, and then faked an accident to bury them in the river and sea. When they heard this, the excited crowd Just ignore it, the leader gathered a group of people, killed the officers and soldiers who went to spread the message, and also snatched the weapons in their hands, saying that they were going to attack the city and fight us to death."

"They are yelling at the gate of the city now. !"

Sun Zhixin yelled: "Ridiculous!"

Duan Shubai rolled his eyes in disbelief, grabbed the soldier's hand and asked, "Didn't I say that I would let the elites in the city spread the word? The hungry refugees were intercepted?"

The soldier shivered tremblingly: "The refugees are not human, it is said that they are so hungry that they even eat human flesh, and they are from the west of Jianzhou, and they are taller than us. They are much stronger, how can we resist..."

"The eyes of those people are like wolves, we are afraid when we see them, and we dare not go up."

After hearing this, the officers and soldiers in Xuanzhou actually have such virtues, Duan Shubai Curse in a low voice, I accept!

Sun Zhixin sighed, smiled wryly and said to Duan Shubai: "Now you should know why I dare not let refugees into the city easily.

" In a prosperous and fertile land, there are constant slurs, leisurely and slack, no fighting for a long time, officers and soldiers in Xuanzhou are lax in training, and even those who don't know how to use swords and guns are pretending to be officers and soldiers. It is conceivable what kind of defense they have. state.

Being able to wield knives, guns, and fake moves at will is already an elite here.

If those refugees were brought into the city, if one of them made a fuss and caused riots in the city, how could the officers and soldiers in the city control them.

Duan Shubai closed his eyes, took a deep breath, opened his sharp eyes, and ordered: "Go and call my troops, and I will take them to meet these mobs myself later."

Xiao Yu and dragging Rubbing his sleeves, "husband, I—"

Duan Shubai sent him into the carriage, stroked his head, and said with a gentle smile, "Yuhe, you and Qiuran go to the pier in the carriage first, and your husband will be here in a while. Let's take the boat back to the small wooden building together."

Xiao Yuhe took a deep look at him, nodded with red eyes, he knew that it was useless for him to stay by the other party's side, but it was still a drag.

Previously in Yangcheng, I heard that he led twenty or so people alone to resist the mob. Xiao Yuhe didn't realize it. Hearing people praise how brave and powerful he is, even if he can defeat a hundred with one, he is still worried.

"Be careful."

Duan Shubai smiled dotingly when he heard the words, leaned over and kissed his tender cheeks, scratched his nose and said, "Don't worry, you sleep on the carriage and wake up I'll come back to accompany you after I get married."

Xiao Yuhe pursed his lips tightly, how could he sleep well.

Duan Shubai touched his head for the last time, turned around and got off the carriage, Sun Zhixin was also mobilizing people, he looked at Duan Shubai and said, "I will go with you.

" How could Sun Zhixin back down.

Madam Sun also sighed and worried in the back.

"Okay." Duan Shubai glanced over Sun Zhixin, and finally stopped on Fu Qianxi who was not far away.

He pointed his finger, and said with a nonchalant smile: "You also go with me, to meet the group of refugees you want to sneak in."

Fu Qianxi looked serious, but this time, he didn't jump up and get angry Said: Go and go! .

Duan Shubai and the more than twenty veterans he brought round together, together with two hundred soldiers from Jianxing, plus Sun Zhixin and Fu Qianxi, went to the city gate to the northwest of Jianxing to check the situation.

A large group of ants-like refugees had gathered outside the city, wearing ragged clothes and disheveled hair like weeds. The group who made the most noise had knives, guns, sticks and branches in their hands. It even holds stones.

"The dog officials in the city quickly open the door!!"

"The dog officials are plotting to sink our ship. If we want to survive, we have to fight them to the death!"

"We will have something to eat if we fight into the city !" !"

"Brothers and sisters in Jianzhou, unite!! Let's break down the city gate together!!"

Across a city gate, Duan Shubai and the others could hear the loud shouts outside the city.

The leader outside the door, named Zheng Li, was the one who smashed Lord Sun's plan to sink the ship and kill the refugees. He was originally an idler in a village in Jianzhou, spoiled by his family, but fortunately Gambling, he used to speculate others with the greatest malice in his life. At this time, his slogans full of words incited people's hearts and aroused the enthusiasm of the refugees.

His eyes were full, he was surrounded by people, he was their leader, Zheng Li was very excited, this was the most glorious moment in his life.

"Let's knock the city gate open together!!!"

"Bang——"

Amidst the roaring shouts, the city gate creaked a few times before being pulled open by the people inside.