Chapter 86 Wake Up

Those who knelt on the ground with their heads bowed and their necks exposed only dared to say "yes", and most of them were recruited by Ma Shuqin. After the second and third wives came over, they specially recruited a lot of people, and the young ladies and wives lived a life surrounded by maids and wives again.

There were dozens of dark people lined up in a row. Back then, he would have lived in that small wooden building with Yu and his master and servant.

Duan Shubai sneered in his heart, his current "family" is really more and more like a "big family".

This is his and Xiao Yuhe's General's Mansion, not some people's Boyang Hou's Mansion. The serious master in the back house is his general's wife Xiao Yuhe, not the wife of any Hou's family.

Under his gaze, Ma Shuqin stood there with limp legs, not daring to move a step. She knew that her son-in-law's behavior today was to make an example of others in front of her, so that she could recognize her identity.

What the Second Madam said to Xiao Yuhe earlier, Duan Shubai made people interrogate clearly, and the mother and daughter who were demons were imprisoned in the wild boar pen in Xinyang City. When the beasts are fat in autumn and winter, the new wild boars in the pigsty are fat and strong, and the smell of pigs is so "sweet" that I believe they can entertain these women who want to turn into butterflies; wait a few more days and drive to Yunzhou The merchant ship set off, and asked their family to follow the cargo and the ship to the most remote snow-capped plateau in Yunzhou, accept the baptism of the majestic glow, and return to the primitive life of ruthless and blood-drinking.

The third wife's family was invited out of Duanfu, and Ma Shuqin was also invited back to the courtyard where she originally lived in Xinyang City. Duan Shubai picked and picked among the servants, leaving only one-third of them who were honest and responsible. Although these people didn't put honey on their lips, they all had their own abilities, and those who were weak, weak, and dissatisfied couldn't carry a hand, couldn't pick a face, and had nothing to see except a face, so they all sent it out.

In addition, the houses that these two families lived in, "I demolished them all!"

This time, Duan Shubai conducted a thorough investigation in Xinyang City, and found a lot of surprises. The spies who came over were also thoroughly cleaned up in the army.

Sweep these lice out so that you can have a clean and tidy New Year.

After Xiao Yuhe vomited blood and fell into a coma at night, he developed a high fever. He became anxious and drenched in the rain. The situation became more and more serious. In the nightmare, he talked nonsense in a daze, couldn't take the medicine, couldn't drink the soup and porridge, Duan Shubai Stand by his side, pouring medicine and porridge mouth to mouth.

Duan Shubai poured him a bowl of medicine, held up his right hand, and after cleaning up the affairs in the mansion, he spent the rest of the time guarding Xiao Yu and the bed.

"General, you have been guarding the son for a day, go and rest for a while, let us guard the son." Qiu Ran said.

Duan Shubai shook his head, the candles in the room were flickering, he touched Xiao Yuhe's hand, the few faint red marks on it hadn't faded, Xiao Yuhe said that it was burnt with incense ash, if he could burn such red marks, then It has to be incense as thick as a little finger, and the ash that falls down when it is burned can be made like this.

"It was when the young master was praying for the general, he burned incense and made a wish, and was about to insert it into the incense burner when several pieces of hot ashes fell on his hand. The young master endured the pain and respectfully inserted the incense into the incense burner before blowing off the ashes on the back of his hand , the hot ashes burnt into the meat...so it's still not healed."

Duan Shubai silently took the ointment and smeared it on the back of his hand. What does he do every day?"

"My lord? You take care of the little lord during the day, and sometimes you go to the clinic to see patients... When you are free, you make clothes for the general and the young lord. By the way, the lord also learned a few things. An embroidery in the style of a peace talisman, I heard that it can be worn on the cuffs to keep you safe, general, the underwear you are wearing now should have such embroidery on it."

"Really?" The corner of Duan Shubai's mouth curled gently, bringing Calloused fingers brushed the raised needlework on the cuff.

"Young master didn't like to do this kind of delicate and troublesome work..."

"I know, he did it for me."

"And..." Qiu Ran hesitated for a moment, but didn't continue at the beginning.

"What else?"

"My lord copied a lot of Buddhist scriptures." The

piles of copied Buddhist scriptures in the hidden compartment were turned out and piled up on the square table, almost half a person tall. Duan Shubai picked up a random one, The fragrance of ink wafted inside, and a series of elegant and small characters came into view, which were his familiar handwriting, all of which were written by Xiao Yuhe himself. He flipped through several books, and besides the Buddhist scriptures, there were also paintings, all of which were painted by him.

Xiao Yu and his painting skills are unparalleled, and the paintings he draws are even more touching.

Many words were mentioned in the painting, which recorded Xiao Yuhe's thoughts. At first, he was worried about his body, afraid that he would get sick, afraid that he would be injured... afraid that he would never come back. Later, the painter seemed to look away, No longer worrying about these things, but showing a sense of determination, as if saying: If you die, I will not live alone.

The cold wind was raging outside, and under the dim light, tree shadows swayed in front of the window.

The fragrance of ink was dense, as if there was a warm fragrance that belonged to Xiao Yuhe, and he seemed to see Xiao Yuhe alone in the night with a lamp and a pen.

Duan Shubai flipped through the pages, his eyes turned red little by little, and the phoenix pupils in the candlelight glowed with water, Qiu Ran stood aside, tidied up the books on the table, and said worriedly: "General..."

Duan Shubai came back to his senses, and said in a low voice: "Qiu Ran, go out, let me guard Yuhe alone."

Qiu Ran nodded.

"Wait, go and bring me a pen and paper."

Qiu Ran closed the door and went out. Duan Shubai carefully put the things on the table back into the dark compartment. He walked to Xiao Yuhe and sat down beside Xiao Yuhe. Frustrated, Duan Shubai lowered his head and kissed his dry lips, something fell out of his eyes and bloomed at the corner of his mouth.

"How can I, Duan Shubai, be so infatuated with you." Holding his hand, and resting his forehead on the back of the other's smooth hand, Duan Shubai gently closed his eyes.

He has been ignoring, or not realizing how important such a thing is. In modern times, he served in the army for ten years and experienced countless trials of life and death, and no one worried about him being injured, disabled, or dead. In the army, being injured or even sacrificing is an honor. As for his family, there are many children in the family, a child who has been away for more than ten years, what else is there to care about, and there is a chilling fact-it would be better if he died directly, and they can still receive a huge sum of money pension.

He is different now. There is someone who cares about him behind him who regards him as his life. Although he knows it in his heart, he has never come out of the previous state of being unrestrained and resigned to life and death, and let his loved one worry about him. Taken so lightly that many things are overlooked.

He pressed against his ear, and said softly: "My dear Yuhe, wake up and see if your husband is okay?"

Xiao Yuhe closed his eyes, still not awake, Duan Shubai felt a little lost.

At this time, Qiu Ran, who had been waiting outside the door for a long time, brought in the pen and paper, put down the things and closed the door, Duan Shubai moved a red book case over, stood by Xiao Yuhe's side, imitating his former appearance , hand-copied Buddhist scriptures overnight.

At this time, he felt the same mood as Xiao Yuhe back then.

In the middle of the night, there was another light rain. In the morning, the white mist floated slowly, crystal clear water droplets fell from the dead leaves of the branches, and a thick pile of white paper stained with ink had already accumulated beside Duan Shu's white hand.

Xiao Yuhe's lips were pale, cold sweat was dripping from his forehead, his expression sometimes fell into pain, and sometimes he regained his composure. He was extremely restless in his lethargic sleep, and all kinds of nightmares assaulted him. In it, he recalled an incident from his childhood.

"When I was young, I used to like a jade bracelet the most, and I had to wear it on my wrist every day. Once, the jade bracelet broke and I fell seriously ill..."

"How did the jade bracelet break?"

"I don't remember much about what happened when I was a child. My mother suddenly mentioned this to me a few days ago."

Xiao Yuhe had a piece of jade that he loved when he was young. Wearing it on her hand every day to play with, cousin Xiao Yueqing met and wanted it too, but he was unwilling to give it to her. Xiao Yueqing made a big fuss in the mansion. She is the most beloved granddaughter of the old lady in the Hou mansion. All the elders advised him to be generous. Since my sister likes it, she will give Yu to her sister, but Xiao Yuhe has a stubborn temper, no matter how others persuade him, including his mother, Xiao Yuhe just doesn't want to.

The pressure was tight, and in front of everyone, he smashed the jade bracelet into pieces in the hall.

Afterwards, his father and mother were blamed for being incapable of raising their children, and the jade was broken. Xiao Yuhe also suffered a serious illness because of this, and was bedridden for half a year. Not mentioned again.

The scene turned again and returned to the scene he saw across the water in the mansion. Xiao Yueqing in red smiled and walked towards him, "I like him, you give him to me.

" Give me someone." The

second lady said with a hideous face, "The position of the general's wife should belong to Yueqing."

"As long as you agree, you and Yueqing will accompany the general in the future, and it will become a legendary story in the future ." ——"

Ma Shuqin frowned: "Now Shubai treats you well, what if after a long time, he hears gossip outside and has a gap with you?"

...

Dear Yuhe, wake up and see if your husband is okay ?

After three days, Xiao Yuhe opened his eyes. Duan Shubai had been by his side and never closed his eyes. When Xiao Yuhe opened his eyes, he thought he was hallucinating. Xiao Yuhe in the hallucination She sat up actively, threw herself into his arms, and hugged his neck tightly.

Duan Shubai felt the strength on his neck, Xiao Yuhe seemed to use all his strength to hug him, he couldn't help blinking, "Yuhe, you..."