Chapter 142 Bad Habits

When Deng Dahai told Duan Shubai about this, Duan Shubai smiled knowingly, saying that he had expected it a long time ago, "I think this group of people were also villains who tried to please the thieves before, so they can naturally accumulate petty profits from them. Now that they think they have a lot of wealth, they are still willing to do farm work."

Thinking of those villainous faces, Deng Dahai shook his head, "General, I don't think these people are good things, you still think they are so good. It's a waste of land for them to live in."

"They kept saying that those who died under the hands of the pirates were their close relatives, but I've never seen a close relative laugh so happily after their death."

"They are not human at all."

Duan Shubai said: "These people have long been deceived by lard, you just wait and see, and keep this group of lazy people in one place, without us doing anything, they will Let's fight in the nest first."

Most of them are people who don't care about farming and mulberry, and their minds are not righteous, and their nature can't allow others to take advantage of them. No matter how good the land is, they can't grow food. There was once a story that a The monk carried water to drink, two monks carried water to drink, and three monks had no water to drink...

It would be good for these people to stutter in the end.

Duan Shubai asserted: "After a detour, Shunping Mountain will eventually return to our hands."

After this incident, Duan Shubai found that there was indeed a big problem with the atmosphere here, causing this atmosphere Part of the reason is that they have been swayed by the overlord behavior of the pirates. They speak with their fists and are powerful. If they rob the opponent's property, they have the ability and are the winners; while those who were robbed were because they were poor. Deserves to be robbed and ruined.

Another reason is that there are problems with the local customs in some places along the coast. Duan Shubai asked a few local people who were born and bred, and learned a lot about the situation. evil, but forcibly turned into a "poor mountain and bad water" by them who can't eat, it really shows that some of them are really "tricky".

There are honest people in this world, and there are dishonest people; there are rules-abiding husbands, and there are unruly people.

A grain of mouse droppings harms a pot of porridge.

The original atmosphere here is mainly based on "whoever takes advantage of it is the most powerful", and I love to praise those who are cautious. If he is scolded, he will be praised by his parents for his good skills.

At the same time, easy to compare and strong jealousy are also the common features of these shallow-sighted people. The life in the village is poor and not good, and those who are active think about finding things to improve their lives... However, if anyone's life is a little better, the people in the same village will be envious and try to trick you.

If your food is grown well, I will come at night to destroy you; the fruit you plant is big and sweet, and I will eat it for you before you harvest it; your house is beautiful, and I will secretly give it to you You dig a few holes...

Anyway, your life is better than mine, and I am not happy. Everyone's life is not good, so that these people's restless "jealousy" can be appeased.

This is why, in the eyes of outsiders, these people who are clearly sitting on mountains of gold and silver are still unbelievably living in "poverty".

In addition to these, there are also bad habits such as bullying widows, eating out of households, etc... Because of these bad habits, there are countless extreme things happening in and outside the village.

Duan Shubai decided to correct these unhealthy ethos first, and sent someone to find a bunch of sharp-spoken locals, and instilled in them the concept and regulations of obeying rules and regulations, no stealing, no robbery, no harm to crops, etc. ...

After the first group of propagandists have been trained, they will be sent to the people in various places to promote the good atmosphere and curb those unhealthy tendencies.

At the same time, it is also a signal to the honest and responsible people to tend their fields with peace of mind, and no longer have to worry about being jealous or being destroyed by others.

Duan Shubai asked people to release the words, whoever dares to make troubles will be detained and sent to reform through labor.

This kind of labor reform is not simply asking him to farm and feed pigs, but to go to the mountain to move stones to build roads and dig the ground.

Under such continuous governance and management, although there were several conflicts, they were all harmless. Day by day, life in Linhai became easier.

After Zhu Lian and the others moved into Shunping Mountain to settle down as they wished, they were happy for a while at first, but then everything went wrong. Most of them were sneaky, raping, and slippery people. Among the ten people, It is good if three people are willing to work. Even though there is a lot of food in the field, few people are willing to harvest, pick and dry it.

These people who made a little fortune all gathered together to drink and gamble.

And those who are still willing to work see that they live like this every day. Affected by this, they are still willing to work again, and they leave their tools to play around. After a few wind and rain, the crops in the field will rot in the field .

No one wants to work, and no one wants to raise chickens and ducks.

Zhu Lian and the others were eating worse day by day, and when they learned that people outside the mountain had food distributed to the poor by Duan Shubai, they were dissatisfied again.

"Why give it to them and not us."

"We people are living in a more difficult life. Why don't you give us a chicken? I saw them build a big chicken coop before, which can raise thousands of chickens and ducks."

"Thousands of chickens and ducks? They are all from Linhai, why don't we have a share?"

...

They began to be dissatisfied again, and at this time, some people went down the mountain boldly and wanted to steal the grain grown by others, and wanted to get the chickens and ducks raised by others.

Of course, they were caught by the patrol team before they succeeded, and they didn't reason with them, and they were forced to go to labor reform for the crime of theft.

Zhulian Fonda and others wanted to make trouble but couldn't.

Because it was agreed at the beginning that the well water would not interfere with the river water, they lived a stable life in Shunping Mountain, and they did not want to accept Duan Shubai's jurisdiction. They never thought that they would not be able to eat food in the end when they were sitting on such a fertile land.

After Zhu Lian found that this was not going to work, he began to organize people to cultivate food, because he was the leader at the time and had a certain prestige among this group of people. Under his organization, this group of lazy people was reluctantly mobilized.

However, they are used to being lazy, and they can't change it overnight. These people are experts at being lazy and slick, and they can try their best to cut corners and materials. This person's laziness was discovered by other people for a while, and the other people wanted to intensify their laziness and come back. No one was willing to do more...

Evil people have their own way. Zhu Lian and others tortured each other. Over time, these people who were almost starved to death He went down the mountain honestly, and was taken to labor reform in order to make a living.

This is a later story.

Duan Shubai led people to plan the basic road construction, built large-scale breeding farms, fruit orchards, and fish farms, and the ports and ships between several islands were gradually expanding. On the coast, select a few commanders who are good at observing the weather. If there is good weather, they will organize a large number of people to go fishing at sea.

Several small factories were built near the sea. Duan Shubai recruited people to process and produce seafood sauce, caviar, kelp, seaweed, dried melons and fruits, coconut cakes, etc. for long-term preservation of the products near the sea. Buy fish, shrimp, crabs, etc. from Haimin, make them into dried seafood, and transport them back to Xinyang City in large quantities.

During the construction in full swing, the most important thing is to build roads. The transportation road is the foundation. After the smooth and tidy road comes out, whether it is transported by horse-drawn carriage or manpower, everything will be much more convenient.

The weather here is hot, and the crops don't distinguish between the four seasons. It's always a harvest and a new crop. Duan Shubai has been busy here until the end of the year, traveled to most places, and led people to plan the construction in the next few years. thing.

On the road in Lanqian, there has been an endless stream of horse-drawn carriages and single-handed carts rushing forward on the road. Most of the faces of the people no longer look sad. Walking artisans perform on the street.

Singing opera and storytelling, shadow puppetry, monkey and lion dance... The street is filled with lively shouts, and some who are tired from work sit on a small bench to watch a play and eat sunflower seeds on the side of the street. Spread, once the steamer is opened, the unstoppable aroma entangles people's tongues, eating meat-filled pancake buns, buying a few catties of coconut sugar, the sugar melts in the mouth, and the smile blooms unconsciously on the face, This is the joy and excitement that has never been experienced under the leadership of pirates.

Although it is the twelfth lunar month, Lanqian and other places are still the same as spring and summer in Xinyang City. Everyone wears light and short clothes.

The Chinese New Year should be lively and exciting. Duan Shubai asked every village to present a performance to participate in the Chinese New Year competition. He also specially built a big stage. Heard that they can perform on stage, and many villagers are determined to win the competition. top spot.

The street is also brightly red. Women who are good at handicrafts sit on the street and make fiery red lanterns. They skillfully cut spring flowers, and the finished lanterns are either sold in pieces or bought in batches by big businessmen. The family has added a bit more income.

From the perspective of these women, their lives are much better than before, and they no longer have to worry about being bullied by those lechers, and they don't have to worry about being ruined by vicious pirates and bandits. Dare to dress up in red and green and dress up yourself.

More importantly, they can also help the workers to make sauces and dried fruits, earn a little money to supplement the family, and can buy a string of beads for themselves and save a little more dowry.

"The general is such a good man. In just a few months, our life has changed like this."

"Before the pirates came, our life had never been so easy." Zhang

Changle

wrote a Spring Festival couplet, The dried ink was handed over to Duan Shubai. Duan Shubai glanced casually, smiled and praised: "Chang Le, your writing has improved."

"Where is it?" Zhang Changle shook his head, lowered his eyes quietly Glancing at Duan Shubai in front of him, and then looking at his own good handwriting, he said in his heart: "Mr. Goupaizi back then can now stand at the top and evaluate his handwriting, what a pity!"

Duan Shu supported himself with his bare hands, sat on the square table, and looked at Zhang Changle with feeling, "What are you secretly watching me for?"