Chapter 91

The men who went south to Yangzhou found it hard to understand the group of scholars rushing to Rongzhou. Anyone with a discerning eye could see that the capital city in the north was occupied by the rebel party, and a puppet emperor was used to cover it up. In fact, the puppet emperor It is also in name only.

As for Rongzhou, now Rongzhou has become Nie Kun's hall of speech, and the lackeys under him have already thought about "conforming to the dragon" and showing off their power everywhere. As for the little emperor Qi Huabin, he was seriously ill and "died", and it is said that he also made a will , Let Nie Kun support the young master and make him the regent.

There have been rumors that the little emperor was under house arrest by Nie Kun, and later persecuted to death... They even praised Nie Kun as a loyal minister.

"This group of scholars, don't they think it's stupid to study?"

Yue Tianlang and his party couldn't figure it out. Seven or eight people looked at each other, shook their heads and continued to ride south. Yue Tianlang used to be a pioneer under Duan Shubai. After quelling the rebellion of the Golden Lotus Party, he was rewarded for his meritorious service, and was assigned to be a school lieutenant in Jianing, Northland.

Now there are twists and turns in the north, Yue Tianlang defected after being captured, and learned that his former good brothers followed General Duan to Yangzhou to separatist and dominate one side. Many fellow travelers.

"Are you also going to go south?"

"We can't stay in the north, go to Yangzhou to join General Duan."

"Why are you still taking your mother, wife and children with you, traveling around in this business..."

"Oh, they are not my family, they are me Good brother's mother and wife, my brother is under the guidance of General Duan in Yangzhou, and wrote a letter asking us to go to Yangzhou to live together. My brother said in the letter that Yangzhou is rich and stable, there is no war, and the people have no worries about food and clothing. Every household has new clothes to wear, you don't have to go hungry, and there are delicious food... Anyway, it's better than staying in the north where the day and night are always unpredictable."

Among the scholars who went north with Xun Bai, seeing countless people going south, they wondered, "Why are they all going to Yangzhou?"

The hearts of the scholars were shaken.

Just going all the way north, can they really get what they want?

The guard who transported said: "Our Yangzhou has good feng shui, so we will naturally go to Yangzhou."

Someone said stubbornly: "Hey, we are going to Rongzhou to serve the monarch. How can we be like them who are greedy for life and afraid of death."

"You Yangzhou eat these broken sweet potatoes all day long without choking people to death. How can you have a good life?"

Zong Zhonghai saw that some people in the crowd were shaken, and he encouraged him from the side: "We are all a group of people. People with lofty ideals, when they arrive in Rongzhou, they will definitely be able to be reused by Mr. Nie. Mr. Nie is a person of righteousness, so he will not be like that short-sighted person with the surname Duan."

"Yes, yes, when we get to Rongzhou You will have a better life."

Xun Bai, Zong Zhonghai and others were sent to Rongzhou, and Duan Shubai's people went back home, Xun Bai and others finally breathed a sigh of relief, no longer need to eat sweet potatoes What made them even more happy was that as soon as they arrived in Rongzhou, they were warmly received by Nie Kun, the regent of Rongzhou.

"Welcome everyone to come to Rongzhou from afar." Nie Kun grinned from ear to ear. He sent someone to Xuanzhou to fight a war of words to slander Duan Shubai's reputation. This was a suggestion given to him by his advisers. It really worked.

Duan Shubai must have felt very uncomfortable when this group of scholars went north to Rongzhou. Nie Kun clapped his hands, "Come on, treat all talented scholars well."

Zong Zhonghai took the lead and said, "We swear to be loyal to Lord Nie to the death!"

A banquet was held so that the guests had a good time, and the creases in the corners of Nie Kun's eyes were so full of laughter, Duan Shubai annoyed the literati, and all the virtuous and talented people left him, and when the time came, they would only be left with a few warriors who could not understand the language , what else can it do?

"Send people to Xuanzhou again, and say that I, Nie Kun, select talents on their own merits, know people well, and employ people in an eclectic manner. If there are talents and talents in the world, anyone can come to Rongzhou to take refuge in me."

Zong Zhonghai and others cheered and said: " Nie Kun My lord has a broad mind."

"Mr. Nie's sharp eyes can recognize a thousand-mile horse!"

"Mr. Nie's righteousness!"

"That piece of dog thief is not even worthy of carrying shoes for your lord."

Nie Kun really thought that he had attracted many talents, and Zong Zhong Hai and the others regarded them as useful people, but half a month later, this group of people gradually showed their original shape.

Zong Zhonghai and his group are veritable "talkers but not doers". They are very enthusiastic about Rongzhou's various affairs, they have to intervene in everything, and they have to discuss everything, "Master Nie, I think I feel that our tax law needs to be changed!"

"Training soldiers should be like this!"

"Negotiations with people from the Northland should be like this..."

In their eyes, there are problems everywhere, and everything needs to be changed, but when they ask them how to change, they don't know. It will only make a lot of empty talk without knowing what it means.

What he said seems to make sense at first glance. He is knowledgeable and knowledgeable. However, after listening to a few more words, he realizes that it is just a piece of nonsense.

Nie Kun can get into this position, but he is not a fool who can be coaxed by flattery. Listening to their remarks, Nie Kun will be so angry that his liver hurts and he can't eat, and his confidants will even Abandoning him and leaving, "Master Nie keeps this group of people, forgive me for not being able to serve you any longer."

Nie Kun was so annoyed that he slapped the table: "Evict them out, expel them!!!!"

"The people from Xuanzhou are trash! Trash!" He blew his beard and stared at him angrily.

Xun Bai and others were kicked out of the Nie Mansion, and they are now in a dilemma. There is no way to go back to Xuanyang, and Rongzhou doesn't want them. If I had known--

"I would have known well in Xuanzhou Wouldn't it be good to mention my poems and draw my birds?" There is a specialization in art, even if the country is in peril, these literati and elegant guests who usually recite poems and match each other will not be of any use.

Some people regret in their hearts that they are in Xuanzhou, living a peaceful and peaceful life, but they have to come here to swim in this muddy water.

"The life of the people in Rongzhou is not as good as ours in Xuanzhou."

"Not only is it not as good as Xuanzhou, look at what they eat and use. These rich people are not as well dressed as our ordinary people!

" The officers and soldiers don't care about the thieves."

"The refugees from the north over there are so skinny that they only have bones left."

"Why don't we go back to Xuanzhou?"

Back to Xuanzhou? Can not go back.

What is ironic is that this group of Xun Bai and others who were clamoring for patriotism ended up in exile in the North. They first served the northern rebel court for a few months and were later taken over by the Wangxia clan.

The Wangxia family belonged to the nomadic people, and they were very happy to have this group of literati who were good at poetry and song.

Xun Bai and others received gracious hospitality, and all the righteousness of family and country were forgotten.

Yue Tianlang and his party arrived in Yangzhou before the New Year's Eve and stood on the streets of Xinyang City. The New Year atmosphere in Xinyang City is strong, the streets are full of red lanterns, rows of long knots made of red ropes, and cross knots are hung all over the streets, and the lively aroma of spicy hot pot spreads throughout the streets and alleys , the aroma of roasted lamb on the street corner makes the mouth water.

"Selling candied haws, candied haws!"

"Selling persimmons, persimmons with icing sugar!"

"Walking around, I heard that beef is being sold over there, shall we also sell a catty?"

"Beef??? Is there beef? "

Yes, beef. It is said that the beef was transported from Lanqian. I heard from them that these cows were fed with squeezed coconut meat, and the meat on their bodies is tender! Let's go, if we don't go, The meat is about to be robbed."

"Buy beef and get free coconut candy."

Yue Tianlang and the others stared dumbfounded at the prosperous scene in front of them, the bustling streets filled with the aroma of fireworks, compared with the north, it is simply a world of difference .

The aunt who was carrying a basket and said that she was going to buy meat - she had to carry a basket to buy vegetables by herself, she must not be considered a wealthy family, but she could talk about eating meat as if everything was normal. People, can eat meat casually?

"Father, mother, I want to eat spicy crab pot tonight."

"Okay, let's go buy one."

Yue Tianlang's friend droolingly looked at the family of three in front of him, and brought a pot of bright red crab wrapped in a bamboo tube. Spicy crab leaves, the taste is too craving.

Li Bing rubbed his nose desperately: "Old Yue, I thought the smell on the edge of the pier was already a delicacy in the world. I didn't expect that in Xinyang City, the aroma of delicious food is everywhere."

"It's a pity that our pockets are as empty as a hungry stomach, otherwise I would like to eat and drink for three days."

"Let's find a place to rest first."

"Old Yue, don't you have good friends in Yangzhou?" When are we going to join them?"

Thinking of Zhang Changle, and another Duan Shubai who dared not mention his name, Yue Tianlang smiled bitterly in his heart, "I don't know how to find them."

"I don't know either . Do they still recognize me as an old friend?"

Li Bing sighed.

"Hey, hey, you guys are here!!!" At this moment, a pair of twin brothers ran up to them. The two brothers' facial features were exactly the same, but their bodies were slightly different. The older brother was Huo Qing, and the younger brother was Huo Qing. Han, came with them from the north.

The pair of brothers held dozens of skewers of barbecue in one hand and candied haws in the other. They ate each bite of barbecue and candied haws. This was the first time they had eaten this kind of spicy barbecue. Candied haws buffer buffer.

The two big men in the north are eating candied haws like children, and exhaling while Sihasi, this picture is very joyful.

Yue Tianlang almost didn't recognize them.

Li Bing sneezed, stimulated by the oncoming cumin fragrance, "What, it's so fragrant."

Yue Tianlang was surprised and suspicious, "Where did you get the money to buy roast... meat?

" It's called kebabs, you can eat a few too." Huo Qing distributed the meat to them.

Li Bing took the meat skewer, couldn't hold it any longer, and took a bite. His mouth was full of oily, meaty flavor, and the sauce danced on his tongue. He was so stimulated that he almost wanted to eat it.

Yue Tianlang still asked anxiously: "How did you get it?"

They were all empty of money, how could they afford meat, once they came to the city, the brothers said they wanted to go shopping, and it took a while before they brought them back. So many good value kebabs.