CHAPTER 38

Was that hope in their eyes?

Fools.

Queen Lanecea watched as the vampires brought out for their entertainment, King Storm leading the way with his favorite vampires chained together, their eyes adjusting to the sunlight, Storm at his side leading the vampires that had been kept for him from his first hunt, Thorson at his side with all fifty of his much younger vampires. Taran was trying to look as serious as his father and brother, but couldn't hide his impish grin even from this distance as he looked over at Thorson, impatient for their vampire battle to begin. It really was a magnificent sight but the hope in the vampires' soulless eyes was the cherry on top, making the queen laugh in delight as she watched, waiting for the moment when the vampires realized they would never be granted hope.

Freya stepped forward, not at all bothered that the queen was dripping in cum, the creamy essence running down her legs and dripping from her nipples. Lanecea wore their offering with pride as though their cum were the most costly jewels, for indeed, to her it was nothing less.

Lanecea smiled at her best friend before motioning for the girls, Llia, Revna, and Reagan to join the ladies, the small group walking towards the royal dias where Frey and Fintan were waiting for the games to begin, seated with their visiting gods and goddesses who had saved Lanecea so long ago. 

"Go ahead, Ladies. Give the princes your favors...that's the ribbon, remember?" Lanecea instructed as Prince Thorson and Prince Taran approached where their sisters stood, holding their ribbons. "They are defending your honor today and want to please you."

In lieu of a lance to attach the ribbon to, Llia and Reagan tied their purple ribbons to Taran's whip while Revna adorned Thorson's whip.

"Thank you for defending our honor," Princess Llia, as the eldest by three minutes, spoke on behalf of all three sisters, "May the gods be with you."

The boys wouldn't be harmed, but not as much could be said for their vampire armies.

Queen Lanecea, the princesses, and Freya retreated, joining the gods on the raised platform, before watching breathlessly as each of the men chose the lucky vampires in their collection who would be set free, once again teasing the miserable wretches with a glimmer of hope.

"Run!" Storm, the returned Great Vampire Slayer, called out, his voice giving Lanecea's pussy instant shivers as the vampires were set free, not having to be told twice as they ran disoriented in the blinding sunlight, but unlike fictional vampires, their pale bodies were in no danger of being consumed by fire. 

Tarvos stomped with impatience as the vampires were given a head start, the god causing the earth to shake as he pawed the ground with his massive hoofs before opening the cast-iron gate. Glossy black fur shimmered in the light as their muscles flexed, the panthers in hot pursuit of the fleeing vampires who were at that very moment desperate to climb the wall, but there really was no place to run.

Fang outran his brother, Venom coming in a close second as he pounced, tearing open the hapless vampire's juggler vein.

It was definitely still a win for Venom, the shifter already lapping up silver blood as it stained the ground before King Storm ordered the beast to lie down, saving the vampire's life at the last minute. Father and son worked together, separating their shifters from their prey after giving the beasts time to feast, then Taran assisted the horned guards, dragging the limp carcasses from the arena. 

No one bothered to clean the blood from the ground. The silvery, sticky mess would only make the next part more interesting.

The King nodded at Prince Thorson a moment before the young man ran the distance between where he stood between the king and Storm to where Queen Lanecea was seated among the gods.