CHAPTER 25

The silver pendant laying against Lanecea's cleavage shimmered in the sunlight filtering through the window but even the large cross wouldn't be enough to prevent Lanecea from being burned at the stake. Lani swallowed hard as she sat with Storm and their boys as the cardinals and magistrate took their seats behind a long wooden table directly in front of them. Lanecea rested her head on Storm's arm, attempting to keep her body from trembling so hard although she was well aware of her allies' plan. She couldn't help but envision herself standing before these powerful men as they decided her fate. Indiscretions would have consequences and if Lani accidently trusted the wrong person... She really needed a distraction even as she reconsidered her banquets. It would be far too easy to be infiltrated and a disgruntled couple could have loose lips, and bring down the woman who only wanted loyalty.

Women. There wasn't a single other woman among those who were gathered, Lanecea noticed as she attempted to distract herself. Her men stood in the shadows, each in position, but they barely glanced in her direction, taking care not to draw attention to the fact they were working for her, should they get caught. Lanecea couldn't be more proud of her secret police, but she really could use a reassuring wink. Lani sighed, drawing her eyes away from her police to Storm's lap. It wouldn't be appropriate for her to climb onto his lap, she supposed. Storm kissed her hair as he tightened his grip on her fingers, Lanecea's heart very grateful for the gesture as the men were led into the room in single file, their wrists bound with shackles.

Wolf Charmers.

The youngest of the men who had been captured glanced in Lanecea's direction, their eyes meeting before he quickly lowered his eyes, shuffling up the narrow aisle as the chains around his ankles announced his fate.

"I can't bear it," Lanecea whispered once again against Storm's muscled arm as she watched her men led like lambs toward the slaughter, their wolf familiars staying far from their Charmers on the outskirts of the village.

Lani continued to rest her forehead on Storm's arm, worried the men seated directly in front of them would notice the pity reflected in her eyes. They couldn't risk it.

The farce of a trial was conducted in French, of course, the whole affair solemn although some men from the back occasionally interrupted with shouting in the interlude when witnesses were summoned to the front of the room to bring their testimony against the men who were waiting for their fate to be decided. They didn't have long to wait, the torture having lasted far longer than the sentencing.

"They've been sentenced to burn," Frey whispered as he leaned forward, the god seated behind them.

Lanecea clung to Storm as the Wolf Charmers were led from the room, the chains clanking eerily. Once again the younger of the Charmers looked up at Lanecea just before he passed them, flashing her a wink. Lanecea's eyes sparkled but she didn't dare smile at the impish young man who had gotten caught. The Wolf Charmers needed a far better strategy as they fought the vampires. Next time, should they get caught again, they may not be so lucky.

The secret police were nowhere to be seen as Storm led his family from the room and back into the blinding sunlight, executioners already beginning to surround the pyers that had been set up in the center of the village. Lanecea almost smiled at the sight of a few women standing in the crowd, standing on their toes as they attempted to get a better view of the upcoming spectacle. It made sense now that they hadn't attended the sentencing, the entire affair rather boring in comparison.

"Come," Storm called out, although, Lanecea only heard, "cum," the poor woman fighting the urge to obey as she followed Storm closer to the stakes that stood higher than the tallest men in the crowd.

Word spreads quickly, men smiling at Lanecea as they stepped aside for Lady Lanecea, the very kinky noblewoman.

"Merci," Lanecea smiled up at the men who would likely love an invitation to her next banquet before Storm pulled her in front of him, his body pressed against hers as they stood directly in front of the place of execution. Thorson stood at her side with Taran standing opposite.

One by one, men wearing black cowls over their heads were led to the waiting stacks of wood before being fastened back to back with the stake wedged between their bodies.

The priest who had thoroughly licked Storm's balls the night before approached the men, giving them one last chance to recant - to repent of their sins. Lanecea blushed, imagining the poor priest confessing his own sins: "I love the taste of the god, Storm's, balls, and in the last 24 hours have transformed into a kinky, bisexual hypocrite that can't get sex off my mind."

Lanecea gave the priest a look that spoke volumes as the hypocritical priest's eyes met hers, the poor sap stammering as he blushed furiously, struggling to continue.

"You're wicked," Storm breathed against her hair, biting back laughter as Lanecea purred in his arms. "Thank you for the compliment, My King."

Now Storm understood why Lanecea had shared his balls with the priest.

The vampires, beneath the black cowls, didn't recant. In fact, they didn't say a word even when the executioners thrust their flaming torches into the perfectly arranged stacks of wood and straw, setting them ablaze.

Storm reached below, unsheathing his sword a moment before lifting Lanecea into his arms, turning her back toward the dying. Sheathing his weapon up to his balls, Lanecea was already moaning as she clung to him, Storm's invading tongue preventing her from accidentally ingesting vampire ashes as they burned to a crisp. It was impossible to hear if they crackled and popped when they burned to death as Storm fucked his woman within an inch of her life, her fire consuming them as the flames licked the sky just in front of their forged bodies.

The magistrate soaked himself as he watched the couple surrounded by horny men soluting them, the Jesuits also struggling as their cocks pressed against their robes. The cardinals gripped the crosses hanging from their necks as their hips thrust against the air, but their eyes were on Storm and Lanecea, no one noticing when the vampires breathed their last.

"Mmm," the women in the crowd shivered with excitement as their men used them for their pleasure.

They'd be sure to see if they could get an invitation to the manor later, although unsure how as no one who had attended one of Lanecea's banquets had been seen since. That didn't matter, their brain cells no longer functioned as balls slapped against asses, drowning out the sound of flames crackling.

"We need to take you home," Thorson confessed before kissing Lani's neck, sending shivers straight to her toes.

"Not yet, please...I'm just getting started."

Father and son groaned in unison.