CHAPTER 14

Benito and Angelo lay beside Fintan and Taran in the large four-poster bed, barely able to stay awake after their lavender bath. It wouldn't matter if they fell asleep mid-story, the boys unable to understand a word the animated, soft-spoken woman was saying as they listened to the epic tale of an Italian warrior who took Italy by storm. Her sons, however, were enthralled by the story, the Italian hero nothing short of splendid as he faced off against their eternal vampire enemies.

Lanecea took care, ending the tale on one of his exploits rather than on his tragic murder, the vampires defeating the hero after all. Not tonight. The allies had the upper hand and Lanecea needed to get back to their guests.

Shimmering vampire fangs glistened in the moonlight as Fintan stroked his mother's boob as he fed, the queen stroking Benito's hair with her free hand. Again they couldn't understand a word she sang but the tune was far from that of a lullaby, yet the boys had never felt safer tucked beneath the warm blankets, the woman's voice and the lavender added to the bathwater working in tandem to lull the little Italians to sleep.

"I expect great things from both of you, My Loves," Lanecea whispered as she ended her song, brushing a kiss on each of their foreheads before turning to her own sons. "That's enough Fintan, you'll have to wait for breakfast. Be good, you two, and go straight to sleep. I wouldn't want your chatter to keep your new friends awake. I'm going to leave one of my wolves to guard you tonight. Which would you like to stay with you, just outside your bedroom door?"

"Stalker," Taran answered for the boys, scratching the wolf's massive head before the beast leaped off their bed, settling down just outside their bedroom door. "Thank you, Mom."

"Of course, Sweetheart. I wouldn't like any of our guests to lose their way tonight and end up in your room even by accident. Stalker will make sure you are protected for me. Now give me a kiss goodnight. I don't want to be rude and keep our guests waiting."

Lanecea embraced her sons, thanking them as they kissed her soft lips, hugging her as tight as possible, the new boys following their lead before four heads lay upon their pillows, ready to dream of their mamma and the quest for greatness.

"Good night, Darlings," Lanecea blew them a kiss before shepherding the girls to their bedroom, Striker at her side.

They wouldn't be getting a separate story, the girls already running as lady-like as possible across the cold wooden floor, their toes curling in protest before slipping beneath the quilt.

"May we please sleep with Striker tonight?" Reaghan asked as Lanecea tucked them into bed before latching onto her breast, her sister already feeding as Lani leaned over them making sure they were nice and warm.

Lanecea let them nurse for a few minutes while she stroked their hair so there would be no jealousy toward their brothers. 

"Not tonight. Striker needs to help me with our company, but after our guests leave for the night, I will send him to stand guard over you as well. Tonight, your brothers needed a wolf far more."

"Why?" Llia asked, struggling to remain patient, once again, as she watched her sisters suck languidly, not caring she was very impatient.

"Some men are very wicked and very odd, preferring the company of young boys to girls. I don't want to take a risk that your brothers may be harmed while I am...busy...entertaining our guests. Stalker will defend your brothers."

"The new boys are our brothers too? They are nice," Reaghan finally raised her head to ask her question, but scowled at Llia when her twin attempted to quickly take her place. 

"They are, aren't they but no, I haven't asked your father for his permission yet, so it is better not to get too attached to them yet. No matter what happens, I will make sure they are perfectly safe whether we get to keep them or I must leave them behind when we leave. Please hurry, Darlings, Llia still needs a turn and I really must be going. I don't want to be rude..."

"Here, Llia, it's your turn, but you're never rude, Mamma. You're perfect."

Lanecea laughed, her heart fluttering as she adjusted a little so Llia wouldn't have to stretch over her sibling. "Thank you for your kind words, Princess. I do try to be perfect, but sometimes, it just isn't possible. Now, tomorrow I want you up nice and early and I expect you to begin your lessons immediately after breakfast. I'm hoping if you finish your lessons early, we can spend the rest of the day exploring the castle. Have you explored it yet?"

"Not yet," Reagan continued to play with her mother's hair as her sisters sucked their mamma's boobs. "Goddess Minerva has been keeping us busy and out of trouble." 

"Then we shall have to do some exploring together tomorrow. I bet every castle has secret passages. That will be fun."

"Unless there are spiders," Llia shivered, wiping milk from her chin with the back of her hand. "Will it just be us girls? We should take the boys so they can protect us from bugs."

"Of course, we will have to invite the boys," Lanecea smiled. "Alright, that's enough. You need to go to sleep now, please, as we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow."

Lanecea was hugged tight, although not nearly as tight as the boys had squeezed her before she received her daughter's kisses, gently wiping milk from Revna's lips before the child wove her fingers in Lani's hair as she kissed her Priestess Mamma last due to position in the bed, not by rank. Lani made a mental note to be more aware of what the children observed as she broke the lingering kiss certain the little girl had just moaned against her lips.

"Thank you for your kisses and hugs, Princesses," Lani murmured, gently touching her just-licked lips but didn't draw attention to her step-daughter who had gotten carried away, choosing, instead, to change the topic. Revna needed her, it was just a fact and each child was individual in how they expressed their needs, Lanecea supposed. Revna was very needy as she took in as much of Lani's boob as she could fit in her mouth once again, her stepdaughter's eyes meeting Lanecea's as the woman attempted to change the topic. "I have a plan percolating in my cranium and I think you may be able to help me. I'll tell you all about it tomorrow, but I think it will make a nice surprise for the goddesses."

"Will you give us a little teeny hint?" Reaghan sat up in bed, her curiosity getting the better of her.

"Yes, of course...you'll have to have been paying attention to Goddess Minerva's history lessons and be very creative."

"That's easy...we already are your mini-me's," Reaghan grinned, her sisters giggling as they nodded in agreement.

"Oh, I hope not. Your poor father will go insane!" Lanecea laughed before blowing her girls a kiss. "Go to sleep, Princesses. Mamma loves you very much."