CHAPTER 24

OLLIVIER

COLLINE

Lanecea never had a chance to ask Storm if she had gone too far with her fantasies

Lanecea never had a chance to ask Storm if she had gone too far with her fantasies. She never thought she needed to ask, the man well aware he was able to step in and stop her at any point, but when she awoke in the sprawling manor alone, that all-too-familiar feeling of anxiety squeezing at Lani's heart refused to release her.

"A man cannot live on sex alone," Lanecea's thoughts wandered as she searched each of the bedrooms, discovering within the hour that Storm had taken both of Lani's stepchildren as well.  "Well, I suppose she can't remain locked up forever..."

Lanecea flushed as she nearly walked into Hans, her thoughts distracting her.

"They're gone."

"I thought as much when I noticed the key was missing, but I didn't want to distress you until I could be certain."

Lanecea's eyes darkened. Even though the German's imagination was as twisted as her own, there were some things she couldn't share with anyone, not even with Hans. Instructing Llia and Reaghan to begin their lessons with Eva, Lanecea joined Hans in a room located beneath the sprawling castle.

"You know..." Lanecea interrupted the silence although her hand was still resting on Hans' arm, "I do think the feudal system would work perfectly. As long as they reside on my lands, no one would raise an eyebrow if they observe the couples bringing me gifts, as it is my right."

"Of course, and as I told you when you were just a girl, great queens can rule without a king at their side. They have advisors and dukes, of course, but for the most part, those men remain in the shadows. You are never truly alone."

"Thank you, Sir," Lanecea took a seat by the window before Hans brought her the faded leather-bound book. 

"It is in French, as you can see, but the information will still be very useful to you."

"Yes, it is...did my Little Birdies fetch this for you?"

Hans smiled at the nickname Lanecea had given her Cardinal spies.

"Of course. They would do anything for you. In fact, they have invited you to attend a questioning period this evening, if you are feeling up to it."

Lanecea's eyes darkened as her features paled. She really wished Storm was at her side, if she did decide to witness the torture, her heart squeezing yet again although certain it had been only a few hours at best since they had left her behind, the bedding cold.

****

Two long weeks passed without hearing from her king and prince, the long silence playing with Lanecea's mind.

Hans - who was unquestionably "Team Lani" - ran his fingers through his wavy blonde hair as he looked down at Lanecea who was staring at the ledger with unseeing eyes.

"Herja is missing, just as I suspected. I would suggest you come up with a plan B, although I am pleased to see that you haven't thrown any cum collecting parties while I was away. Storm has likely taken her back to the farm, so I am not worried that the stored cum will be wasted. I will let our allies know we need..." 

Hans didn't finish his train of thought, realizing Lanecea hadn't likely heard a single word he'd said.

"Come Sweetheart. You are not just a mistress, but a great queen, although even the greatest  mistresses in history were often abandoned for long periods, and left to their own devices..."

"They were, weren't they?" Lanecea finally looked up, her eyes meeting Hans' as a wicked grin tugged at her lips. "It would explain how they were able to keep their sanity in these very long absences. I think what I need to do is focus on setting up a network of allies, and you are correct, Herja can't be counted on. I truly do try to trust Storm and Thorson but that isn't easy either in these long days...well, it doesn't matter. You are correct. I shall rule on my own in the meantime. You will help me, won't you?"

"And what is that wild mind of yours up to now?"

Lanecea smiled although her heart was still bleeding. 

"I want to attend church - the little chapel within the valley."

"Are you seriously planning on repenting?"

"Of course not," Lanecea laughed, not regretting her kinky side too much. "I'm not going to collect sperm for the time being, but something far riskier. I'm going to need our allies to have my back. Please summon the nymphs, dryads, and faeries - I'm going to need their help as well."

****

Lanecea sat in church with her daughters on one side, Mrs. Himmler on her other with her husband at her side. No one would suspect them of anything more than pious Catholics especially as the local cardinal seemed to be very fond of the regal woman.

"He's very handsome, isn't he?" Lanecea whispered to Eva before the service began after she'd introduced herself to those who had gathered in the sanctuary, although Hans warned her it was a risky move.

Eva looked over at her companion, knowing that even with Storm and Thorson having left her, Lanecea was still very loyal to them, so why she was commenting on the Frenchman's features was confusing the older woman.

"I want him," Lanecea concluded before Eva could respond. "Hans, would you please find a way to have Ollivier and his wife moved onto my lands as soon as possible - before the birth of their baby?"

Hans fingered his prayer book that was just for appearances as he looked over at the young couple, knowing exactly what Lanecea had in mind. They would make beautiful babies and they were fertile.

"As you wish, My Lady. Stay behind with my wife after the service while I make the arrangements. Are there any others you have your heart set on?"

Lencea had studied the ledger since her king had disappeared into the night, her Eugenics project a distraction from her heartache.

"Of course," Lanecea winked up at the man who looked just as inspired as she before she turned to his wife. "I will need your help, Eva. I'm going to need you to work on networking for me. Do you speak French at all?"

"No, Lani, but words aren't always necessary," Eva smiled before brushing a kiss on Lanecea's fingers.

Lanecea sighed as her eyes drifted over Colline's baby belly, attempting to remember when her baby was due just as the priest ascended the pulpit steps. He, of course, would keep his mouth shut, the Cardinal ensuring all the priests within his charge were very loyal to the woman who owned his soul.