801

The Collapsing Sheng Palace

The item was brought out in a wooden box by Lu Ping. Feng Yu Heng looked over and found that it was an edible bird nest.

Lu Ping said: “This is something that I stole. Because it’s something that came from the palace, it is very valuable, and it was being personally taken care of by Ge shi. It was because Lu Yan fell ill a few days earlier that she no longer had the energy to keep an eye on these things, and I managed to obtain it.” While she spoke, she handed over the item to Feng Yu Heng, “Last time, His Highness the ninth prince and imperial daughter came to the manor to deliver some things, and there were also these bird nests. I don’t know how the relationship between imperial daughter and Her Highness the Empress is, but I will speak truthfully. Although the doctors always said that there were no problems with these bird nests after examining them, Lu Yan indeed became poisoned after eating these.”

Lu Ping stopped speaking at this point and waited for Feng Yu Heng to examine it. In truth, Feng Yu Heng did not need to examine it carefully. Back when Lu Ping had opened the box, she could already smell something was off with the bird nest. The fierce smell that came from inside was identical to the poison that she had diagnosed as having poisoned Lu Yan. The problem lay with the bird nest. But… why did the Empress do this?

For a while, she could not figure out the reasoning for this and only said to Lu Ping: “Thank you. If you did not steal this bird nest, I would have found a way to get some to look at. Indeed, there is a bit of a problem. I will take it away for now. If Ge shi finds out that there are some missing, bear the responsibility for it.”

Lu Ping smiled bitterly, “How could Ge shi have the energy to worry about this sort of thing. I stole it yesterday morning, and she did not notice any missing. She has placed all of her focus on Lu Yan. She might not even remember how many were eaten.” She was a daughter of a concubine, but she never referred to Ge shi as mother. It could be seen that Ge shi had been critical of daughters of concubines in the past.

Feng Yu Heng nodded, and the two chatted for a while. After roughly two hours had passed, she bid farewell to Lu Ping and was guided back to Lu Yan’s side. When she arrived, the infusion bottle was nearly empty. Feng Yu Heng waited until the last drop before removing the needle from the back of Lu Yan’s hand. Lu Yan had regained a bit of spirit and was supported by a maidservant to be seated in bed. She wholeheartedly thanked Feng Yu Heng. Even Ge shi and Lu Song repeatedly thanked her, as Ge shi said: “The manor truly does not have anything good to give to Imperial Daughter. There are some rare items, but those were sent by His Highness the eighth prince and Her Highness the Empress a little while ago, and our family did not dare touch those things.”

After she finished speaking, Lu Song immediately realized that there had been a mistake in the wording, and he quickly added: “Imperial Daughter, do not misunderstand. My wife’s words definitely did not have any feelings of resentment toward the Yao family.” Ge shi repeatedly nodded, realizing that she had chosen her words poorly.

Feng Yu Heng also knew that they had not done it intentionally and did not mind it. She just told Lu Yan: “Although you seem to be a bit better now, you are not truly getting better. It’s all the effect of the medicine. Once the medicine’s effects have worn off, your situation will immediately regress to the original state.” Her words were not evasive in the slightest, as she spoke directly. She was not afraid that Lu Yan would not be able to accept it. As she spoke, she pulled out a box of medicine and handed it to Ge shi, saying: “Take two pills each night before going to sleep. Have her continue eating it. Do not stop.”

This was a medicine that forcefully and quickly strengthened the immune system. In truth, it was quite expensive, and it was hard to buy. Even in the 21st century, only important people and doctors would be able to use such a thing. Of course, Feng Yu Heng’s space had some stored, but there was not much. There were no more than ten boxes, but her space had the ability to automatically replenish itself. She did not fear that the medicine would be wasted. In truth, Lu Yan’s poisoning would be very easy to explain using modern medicine. On one front, it disrupted the bone marrow’s ability to produce blood while spreading through the blood. On another front, it destroyed the body’s immune system. Once a person lost their immune system, they no longer had even the slightest defense against illness. Quickly deteriorating, it was natural that she would end up looking like this.