865

The Poorest Prince

In Ban Zou’s eyes, the sixth prince was getting closer with his master without any good intentions. His master had now grown up, and her figure was far better than it was when she was young. Her abilities had also improved with each passing year. The sixth prince had definitely taken an interest in his master, thus he thought of ways to get closer. Really, this girl already had someone, so what were these people getting eager for?

Of course, Feng Yu Heng did not know what her hidden guard was thinking. Over the past few days, she had not seen much of Xuan Tian Feng. She just knew that he was handling the matters with the school. He was always busy with this, bustling about. She had heard that the construction of the school was proceeding very quickly, and those students that wanted to study and the families that wanted to get in the good graces of Ji An Prefecture took the initiative to help provide the money. This increased the speed of the construction of the school by quite a bit.

During this time, she had used the sixth prince’s name to do quite a few things for Ji An Prefecture. Although he did not say anything, she always felt a bit embarrassed, thus she had been hesitant about how to bring it up. Should she just give a simple thanks or should she speak about something else with a bit more style?

Seeing that she had a conflicted expression, Xuan Tian Feng seemed to be able to guess what she was currently thinking, and he could not help but laugh, saying: “There’s no need to think so much. I did not come to Ji An Prefecture for the sake of pursuing personal profits. In truth, in my 20-odd years of living, I have never asked for a profit. If it really was calculated, it would be a loss. I need to pay you some reparations because you took me in and allowed me to live in Ji An Prefecture. There was also no need to spend money to build a living place. I have gained a benefit from coming from Ji An Prefecture!”

“What sort of thing is sixth brother saying?!” She felt better internally. There was no need to split the money! That was good, “It’s just a living place. I also felt that this manor was too empty. With you living in it, it gives it an air of being lived in. I was thinking that if you wanted to build your own manor, there are still plenty of residences left behind by the Teng family. They are all very magnificent, and I have kept them all. Sixth brother can choose any of them.”

Xuan Tian Feng shook his head, “No need, I do not have the mind to support my own house. Just finding a small yard to live in is best. Moreover…” He was a bit embarrassed to say: “I am not worried that you will laugh when I say it, but I currently do not have the money to support a residence of my own. Everyone says that the most useless thing is a scholar. Among the princes in Da Shun, I am the poorest. If it was not for Father Emperor and eldest imperial brother helping with the Xian Palace in the capital, it could not possibly be sustained. I don’t know how to make money. Any money that makes its way into my hands will be spent on books. Or it would be spent on paying scholars to write books. Like this, the treasury in the palace was completely emptied out.”

Feng Yu Heng was stunned. Although she had also heard Wang Chuan and Huang Quan analyze that the sixth prince was not as good as the other princes at making money, she did not think that he would be this shabby. She did not dare believe it, but she felt that the sixth prince was not the type of person to lie. She just remained frozen for a while then suddenly said: “How about… I give you some money! I… I still have some foundation.”

Xuan Tian Feng laughed, “Your things are yours. How could I reach out to take your money? In the future, when it comes time to pay the salary for the school, just pay it on time.” He picked up the teacup and calmly began drinking tea.