951

Fat or Skinny, Which One Is It?

In Jing Ci Palace, Fang Yi had brought a cup of tea to the Empress. The contents of the cup could be considered medicine, but it also was not medicine. To say that it was not medicine, it did indeed have some health benefits and could prevent illness. This was something that Feng Yuheng had given her. When she left the capital, the Hundred Herb Hall in the capital had also been closed for a period of time. The Empress had been reluctant to drink it that entire time and would occasionally take some of the bitter medical soups that came from the imperial physicians. Now that Feng Yuheng had finally returned, also sending some a few days earlier, the Empress was finally able to let out a sigh of relief and resume taking the medicine on schedule.

Now, looking at the drink that was both medicine and not medicine, the Empress felt a wave of emotion come from an unknown place, as she said in a daze: “I just hope that I can continue drinking the medicine that girl gives me for a few more years.”

Fang Yi wanted to advise her not to think about what was and was not there; however, a eunuch in Jing Ci Palace entered while bowed. Arriving before the Empress, he saluted and said: “Your Highness, Noble Lady Yuan has requested an audience.”

“Noble Lady Yuan?” Fang Yi furrowed her brow, as a feeling of repulsion appeared in her mind, “What has she come for? Your Highness, it’s about time for you to get some rest. Don’t see her. Just have someone send her away.”

Just as the Empress was about to nod, they heard Noble Lady Yuan’s voice come from the door, and it was getting closer and closer. It was clear that this person did not care whether she agreed or not, as she had already barged in on her own. “This concubine knows that Your Highness the Empress is about to rest, but isn’t it that she still hasn’t laid down! Then speaking with this concubine for a bit will probably be fine.” As she spoke, she had already come closer, bending at the knees and saluting: “This concubine pays respects to Your Highness the Empress.”

Behind her, Yue Xiu kneeled, but she was feeling quite nervous on the inside. The previous time she had accompanied Noble Lady Yuan to Jing Ci Palace, she had suffered a beating. Although she did not do anything wrong this time, her master had entered without being invited in. If this offended the Empress, the one to be punished and beaten would be her.

Fortunately, the Empress did not get too angry with their arrival. She just put the cup that she held on the table, but she used a bit too much force, which caused a “clink” sound. But when she spoke up, her tone was even, saying: “You may rise! Since you came to pay respects, sit for a while.” After saying this, she waved her hand, dismissing the eunuch that had come to report.

Fang Yi brought out a chair for Noble Lady Yuan to sit on and felt a bit awkward. After all, it was clear that she had been heard saying to just dismiss Noble Lady Yuan. To not say anything would not be good, thus she said: “Her Highness the Empress is currently taking her medicine. The doctors all said that she should rest after taking her medicine. Noble lady, please do not get mad.”

Noble Lady Yuan smiled and said to Fang Yi: “It’s fine. I am just a lowly noble lady and can be dismissed quite easily. Just like with my personal maid, her manners were not up to par and she was given a beating. How could she compare to the people from Her Highness’ side, as they are all precious and cannot be punished.”

Once these words came out, Fang Yi felt helpless. Noble Lady Yuan was clearly refusing to ease off. Who knew what sort of anger she had come with. Hearing her speak like this, she was currently trying to regain face for her maid! Forget it, looking at the bearing of the two, it would be good if today’s matter was unrelated to the previous matter. It was also difficult for Her Highness the Empress to do. Thus she directly kneeled on the ground and said: “It was this servant that misspoke. Would Your Highness the Empress please hand down punishment.”