885

Heart Attack?

The soldiers ended up deciding to tie up Feng Jin Yuan and bring him to Sha Ping City. As for Yao shi, they immediately went to a casket shop and placed her inside to be brought along.

Ji Ling Tian had been frightened by Feng Jin Yuan’s words. Adding in Yao shi’s death, he also realized that this was truly the end for him, thus he stood there while trembling and waiting for his punishment.

The soldiers did not know what sort of punishment to hand down, thus they simply tied him up too and brought them all to Sha Ping City, including the officer that had actually done the killing.

Feng Jin Yuan could be considered as having a conscience. When Yao shi was placed inside the casket, he personally placed her inside. He even tidied up her hair and straightened out her clothes. Even a doctor had been sought out to take care of the wound on her chest to make it so that it did not bleed the entire time. He then personally closed the lid and kowtowed to it.

These actions were done sincerely, and even the soldiers that were watching let out some sobs.

When they set out, Feng Jin Yuan was tied up once more, and he just walked alongside Yao shi’s casket. The thoughts in his mind were extremely tumultuous, and deep feelings of regret welled up inside him, as tears fell in an endless stream.

How could he have been so foolish back then?! He had tried to cause trouble for Yao shi and Feng Yu Heng a few times, and he ignored any advice that was given. It was as though his eyes had been covered, and not a sliver of the truth could be seen. For someone who had been the dignified top-scoring scholar in the imperial exam, his mind was among the best. How could he have been so foolish when handling his family’s affairs?

Feng Jin Yuan had a strong feeling that he might have been possessed over the past few years; otherwise, how could he have been that stubborn?

But fortunately, aside from Chen Yu, his daughters were all still alive. A-Heng, Xiang Rong and Fen Dai, these girls were all still alive. An shi was also still well. This allowed him to find a bit of hope. He was just a bit worried about Fen Dai’s personality. It was likely that she would someday offend her second sister and try to kill her. Though the fifth prince treated Fen Dai well, the concern was in opposing Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming.

Feng Jin Yuan felt a bit anxious, and he really wanted to return to the capital to tell Fen Dai that she absolutely must not cause trouble for her second sister. The Feng family did not have many people left. If you sisters can live well and interact harmoniously, you will still have a good future. Fen Dai was the fifth prince’s future official princess. He could see the earnest feelings of affection that the fifth prince felt for Fen Dai. As long as Fen Dai did not oppose Feng Yu Heng, and as long as Fen Dai could earnestly acknowledge that second sister, even if his Feng family’s male side had perished, the women would still be able to live proud lives. It would not be to the point where he would be unable to feel at peace in the underworld.

That was right, Feng Jin Yuan knew that he did not have long to live. He had courted death, and for him to still be alive could be considered a miracle. Thinking about it now, in the previous months, Feng Yu Heng really had given him face as a father and been very lenient. At the very least, she did not act to kill him herself. As for him, he did not know how to feel grateful. Instead, he felt that he had not courted death enough while in the capital and headed to the South. This time, he could no longer escape. Falling into the ninth prince’s hands, there were all kinds of ways in which he might die. The ninth prince definitely would not be so lenient.