942

Penalty Is Death, Execute the Entire Family

Feng Yu Heng’s words caused Liu Huai’s son to nearly wet himself out of fear. His entire person seemed to be on the verge of collapse, as he loudly shouted: “Impossible! Why is it me? Why is it me?”

This shout had truly been very loud. It was such that the people outside could hear it. Those people who had been tested but were found to be incompatible felt very resentful toward Liu Huai. Hearing his son shout like this from inside, how could they fail to understand what was happening, thus someone said: “Sure enough, only close relatives are suitable. The closer the relation, the higher the chance of success!”

The madam, Li shi, was also frightened. The person that had shouted from inside was her son. How could she allow for a kidney to be taken away from her son to be given to someone who was about to die? She grabbed a hold of Liu Huai’s collar and loudly asked: “Liu Huai! Could it be that you will have your son give a kidney to your younger sister? In the end, who’s closer, your sister or your son? You only have one son from your first wife! He still has not gotten married. If a kidney is taken away, he will be ruined! He will be ruined!”

Liu Huai’s legs trembled. He understood Li shi’s reasoning, and he also did not want to harm his own son, but what could he do? The situation had already reached this point. It was not just Feng Yu Heng in that side room. There was also the Emperor!

He brushed away Li shi’s hand and coldly said: “If you have the ability, go and take him away from the Emperor!”

When the Emperor was brought up, Li shi immediately lost her confidence. She did not dare go and ask the Emperor to take him back. She did not even dare to go and ask Feng Yu Heng, but she could not just ignore her son’s despair. Li shi was a smart person. With a quick thought, she turned around and looked behind. In an instant, she found a group of sons and daughters of concubines from the Liu family! She squinted her eyes and forcefully said: “To speak of close blood relations, you guys are also children of the Liu family. Your blood should be the same as Huan’er. You guys, get in there! Go and accept the testing!”

Li shi’s reminder received Feng Yu Heng’s approval. She even came out to say to the Liu family: “The young sir of the Liu family’s compatibility reached 60 percent, but it’s not the best. If there is someone with a higher compatibility than 60 percent, that would be best. That’s why I will ask all of the Liu family’s children to come in!” After saying this, she glanced at Liu Huai, “Lord Liu should also come in! To really speak on it, you are the one with the closest blood relation to Her Highness Concubine Liu.”

At this moment, Liu Huai had the heart to just kill himself by smashing his head against something. He never thought that Feng Yu Heng could be so cruel. Was this not just asking him to trade his life for another? But what of it? Back when he had Feng Yu Heng enter the palace to treat the illness, it was something that he had personally requested of the Emperor; however, he now regretted having done it.

Everyone walked in together, including Liu Huai. Feng Yu Heng looked at these people and began to plot. At a time like this, she needed to determine the best candidate through thorough observation, and she needed for this candidate to say something that she wanted to hear. This was a type of psychological observation, and it was not a guaranteed success, but it was not so inaccurate as to be unreliable.

The first to be subject to blood testing was Liu Huai, and Feng Yu Heng announced an extremely high 90 percent; however, she told the others: “Lord Liu is a little older. Although your compatibility is extremely high, if there is someone among the younger people with a similar compatibility, the younger person will be chosen. If there aren’t any, then we can only ask Lord Liu to volunteer a kidney for Her Highness’ transplant.”