881

This Prince’s Majesty Does Not Tolerate Provocation

While Xi Fang spoke, He Gan also stepped forward with a list of names. Behind him were the 20 people that had been captured later on. They heard He Gan pick up where Xi Fang had left off: “Do you see this. Among these 20 people, six of them pleaded guilty to standing on Gu Shu’s side. Because the six of them had once secretly gone with the eighth prince to Gu Shu to discuss how to attack Da Shun! There are another three that snuck into our military camp South of Sha Ping City to steal our heavenly lightning. After successfully stealing them, they were to head in the direction of Jue Ping City to give them to the people of Gu Shu. They were found by us during this. As for the rest, they were pointed out by those three! Do you know what this sort of action is called in Da Shun?”

He Gan fiercely asked but found that the majority of the 300 thousand people below were confused.

What did they mean by the eighth prince going to secretly discuss with Gu Shu about how to attack Da Shun? Was it not because Gu Shu and Da Shun had never gotten along? Was it not Gu Shu that took the initiative to attack Da Shun? Why was the eighth prince being mentioned? The eighth prince was their former master. If the eighth prince really did that sort of thing, regardless of the reason, that would be…

In an instant, one word popped into the minds of these soldiers: Treason!

The eighth prince had committed treason, but why? The people were confused and looked toward He Gan.

He Gan looked around at everyone before continuing: “What you are thinking is indeed correct. It is treason. I will tell you clearly that the eighth prince, for the sake of the throne, would throw aside the safety and lives of his soldiers. For the sake of having the ninth prince perish, he would have Gu Shu and the ten-country coalition attack. At the same time, Gu Shu would take at least two of Da Shun’s cities to create a shock for Da Shun’s court. From there, he would make use of the chaos to return to the South to push Gu Shu back into the desert. With this sort of battle, the throne would be extremely easy to obtain.”

When the people heard this, they were extremely shocked. If what had just been said was true, what sort of person was the eighth prince, whom they had worshipped for all of these years? For his own selfish interests, he could actually throw in all of their lives. Were they not… aiding a tyrant?

The people were a bit shaken, but they did not dare believe it. After all, this was just a statement from one side. It was too biased. Even if they were shocked, they were still quite doubtful.

The people on Xuan Tian Ming’s side were not hoping that they would believe it with just a few words, but Xi Fang told them: “Including Jiang Xuan, whether these 21 are innocent or guilty is not something that we can decide. Even the 3 that we said were caught stealing, you might not believe it. This general will tell you today that these 21 are not the only ones among the Southern Army that are traitors. It’s just that our general does not wish to investigate too deeply. He just hopes that those that have not been found will save themselves some face. They can’t act too rashly. In the end, you are Da Shun’s people. Your families are still in Da Shun. Your relatives are still in Da Shun! If there is a day when Da Shun is barbarians, how should your families survive? Have you heard about when Gu Shu attacked Lan Zhou a century ago. In a single night, how many of Da Shun’s citizens did they kill? How many of Da Shun’s women did they rape? How many of Da Shun’s children did they cripple? Will you not think for the sake of your own families?”