982

Cousin Became My True Woman

With Zhu Kongshan “making things worse with each explanation,” most of these madams and young misses began to pull out their congee stalls, angrily leaving with their servants. But there were also some who did not leave, but they maintained a suspicious attitude and barely hung on. It was clear that they felt unreconciled.

Zhu Kongshan was also in no rush to have everyone leave. Given the current circumstance, this was already the best outcome. People leaving a little bit at a time did not stick out so much.

But even if this was the case, most of the people handing out food in the northern part of the city had disappeared. When the Sheng Palace’s servant returned, she was very puzzled by this scene. She wanted to ask Zhu Kongshan what had happened, but when she saw Zhu Kongshan wearing a worried look, she knew that asking would be pointless. It was just that she would report the situation over here to the eighth prince once she returned to the palace. This caused Xuan Tianmo to call Zhu Kongshan to his study for questioning.

But Xuan Tianmo was very skilled at being agreeable. After Zhu Kongshan entered, he did not immediately ask about the situation in the northern part of the city. Instead, he concerned himself with the situation in the Zhu manor. When he brought up Liu shi, he was very intimate in calling her aunty.

Zhu Kongshan sneered internally, thinking to herself that this cousin’s acting ability really was not normal. If this was in the past, when she still did not know the truth, she would definitely have been moved and continued to help him with his work. But now, things were different. She understood very clearly how Liu shi had died, and she knew that she was nothing in front of the eighth prince. To him, she was just to be used. The promises that had been made in the past vanished like smoke with the affair between Liu shi and the housekeeper.

Facing Xuan Tianmo, her complexion was no longer as pretty as it was in the past. She no longer wanted to put on a clueless and moved expression. Zhu Kongshan no longer had that patience. She just coldly said: “Many thanks Your Highness the eighth prince for the concern. Mother was an unfaithful person and is unworthy of being called aunty by Your Highness. Would Your Highness please never call her that again to prevent damaging your pretty reputation.”

Xuan Tianmo froze and instantly furrowed his brow, “What do you mean by that?”

Zhu Kongshan raised her head to look at him: “It’s up to Your Highness the eighth prince on how you want to understand it. It means whatever you want it to mean.”

Seemingly noticing something, Xuan Tianmo stared at Zhu Kongshan’s eyes for a long time without saying a single thing. In his heart, however, he began to think things over. The changes in the northern part of the city were definitely related to this girl, but what exactly had this girl done?

“Do you want to stand and oppose this prince over an unfaithful woman?” Finally, he spoke up: “This prince and the Liu family acting like this is for your benefit. If it was not for you being in the capital, and if it was not for you this prince wanting to keep you at my side and promise you a future, do you really think that this prince would want to concern myself with a trifle like Liu shi? I say that she’s my aunt, but she’s still just a daughter of a concubine from the Liu family. The difference in status from her two sisters in the palace is extremely great. Kongshan, you must be understanding and know that having a birth mother like that will ruin your life.”

He finally admitted it! Zhu Kongshan looked at this hypocritical prince and could not help but laugh: “You use me, yet you killed my mother. Now, you want me to be grateful? Your Highness the eighth prince, you still dare to say that you will give me the future that was promised to me after all that has happened in the Zhu manor?”