941

Exactly Who Is Harming Whom?

Only relatives could provide a kidney. This caused the members of the Liu family to struggle to react for a while, as they heard a young man say: “Could it be that it will be taken from our bodies and transplanted into Concubine Liu? Isn’t that quite painful?”

The citizen that had received a transplant spoke up: “The pain is a minor concern. The most important thing is that the person who gives up a kidney will need to take medicine for the rest of their lives. Also, they cannot engage in any physical labor. It’s guaranteed that the body will feel weak, and there will be a certain amount of impact on living. This is especially the case for young men who have not yet gotten married. It would be best to not transplant a kidney. This was something that Princess Yu personally said to this lowly one.”

Feng Yu Heng nodded and said: “That’s right. Although it’s possible to live with only one kidney, you will not be able to live as freely as before. Not to mention needing medicine for the remainder of your life, but your physical strength will not be able to keep up. For the young men who have not gotten married, there will be at least a bit of an impact on your life.” While she spoke, she looked around at everyone in the Liu family and covered up a smile: “But earlier, Liu Huai, Assistant Minister Liu, had already said it. His relationship with his younger sister is profound. Giving up everything would be for the sake of curing Her Highness Concubine Liu’s illness. He also said that the members of the Liu family would do everything possible to cooperate and would not be selfish. That’s why this princess was thinking that the Liu family would not just sit by and watch Concubine Liu pass away because of this, right? Come, come, come, everyone line up. This princess will pick a room, and you will go in one at a time. I will check your kidneys to see which one of you has the kidney most compatible with Her Highness. Like this, Her Highness would be able to live without any concerns.”

“No!” Li shi suddenly screamed then pointed at Liu Huai: “Why should we give up our kidneys for her? Are you willing to give up anything for your younger sister?”

Feng Yu Heng laughed and said: “Madam, don’t worry. Though you are Assistant Minister Liu’s wife, you are not a member of the Liu family. Without any blood relations to Concubine Liu, there’s definitely no need to test you.”

This did not help calm Li shi down in the slightest. She was so scared that she was on the verge of crying: “I am not originally from the Liu family, but my children are from the Liu family! They’re still young. How can I just sit by and watch them give up their kidneys?”

“Having one less kidney will not endanger their lives.” Feng Yu Heng continued to remind her, “It will just affect their lives in the future. That’s all.”

“If there’s an effect, it’s no good!” Li shi loudly said. At the same time, the other members of the Liu family endured the horror and summoned some courage to voice their opposition: “Why should we give up our kidneys? We still want to live our lives in the future.”

There was even one who said: “I am only from the Liu family. I have never even met Her Highness Concubine Liu. Why should I give up a kidney for her?”

Feng Yu Heng said with an innocent expression: “What? The Liu family doesn’t want to? But Liu Huai, Assistant Minister Liu, said that the Liu family would be willing to pay any payment for Her Highness!” After saying this, she asked Liu Huai: “Lord Liu, why is it that you aren’t saying anything? At a time like this, you should be providing some sort of judgment.”