920

New Daughter-in-Law Offers Tea

When the two entered the palace, noon had already passed, and the Emperor had just finished eating lunch in Winter Moon Palace. He even said to Imperial Concubine Yun: “It seems like that little one Ming’er won’t be able to come today, and we will need to wait until tomorrow.”

Imperial Concubine Yun, however, said: “That might not be the case. What if they came after eating lunch!”

Just as she was saying this, a servant came to report: “Your Majesty, Imperial Concubine, His Highness Prince Yu has entered the palace with Princess.”

The Emperor immediately stood up and rubbed his hands, “Pian Pian, your guess really was accurate. That brat is finally willing to bring his wife into the palace!” After saying this, he looked at Imperial Concubine Yun: “The newlywed wife needs to offer tea. Look, will you come with me to Zhao He Hall, or should they be called here?”

Imperial Concubine Yun waved her hand, saying with a bit of laziness: “I won’t go, and you don’t need to stay. The tea is offered by the prince and princess to the Emperor and the Empress. I will not be participating. Quickly go! Don’t disturb the rules for such a small matter. Either way, those two will be coming to this side later on.”

The Emperor had originally wanted to say a bit more, but Zhang Yuan reminded him from the side: “Just be obedient! Think about the people that His Highness the eighth prince is still communicating with. Which one of those problems was not caused by you, and do you want to cause more trouble for His Highness the ninth prince?”

The Emperor looked sideways at that damn eunuch. He had wanted to say a bit more; however, he felt that what was said was correct. Speaking of this matter, he was indeed wrong. Forget it, he waved his hand: “Let’s go! Set out for Zhao He Hall. Also, have the Empress prepare herself.”

His Highness Prince Yu led Imperial Daughter Ji An into the palace to offer tea to the Emperor and the Empress. News of this had spread around the palace, and many people were happy for them; however, there were also many people that were unhappy. One such person was Noble Lady Yuan, and other examples would be the other concubines of the imperial harem who were not favored. At present, their families were supporting the eighth prince. It was not as though they did not know. They had remained quiet for many years, and their hearts had originally completely given up; however, with the eighth prince’s actions, there came a bit of a stir. Hearing that Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng had entered the palace, those concubines who had been neglected for many years began to gather into a group and mess around with their own little tricks.

The rite of the newlywed wife offering tea to the mother-in-law was something that was paid close attention to by the masses. Naturally, the palace was the same, but the Emperor had always been very casual. In addition to this, the Empress also felt that she herself was not Xuan Tian Ming’s birth mother, and Xuan Tian Ming had never been cordial with others. She did not want to make too much of a scene out of things, which would ensure that the one in Winter Moon Palace did not become unhappy. That was why she requested that everything be done simply. It would just be considered family members greeting each other, and there was no need for so many formalities.

The Empress and the Emperor had always been good collaborators. She was able to figure out what the Emperor was thinking, and the plans for simplicity were in accordance with the Emperor’s desires. After all, the Emperor felt that his relationship with Imperial Concubine Yun had now improved, but that woman, Yun Pian Pian, had the same capricious personality as their son. Who knew when she might become unhappy and give him the death sentence! If this side had a lively offering of tea ceremony, he should give up on ever getting back inside Winter Moon Palace. How could that be handled? That was why the Emperor was very satisfied with the Empress’ arrangements, praising her for the first time: “The Empress is very good at seeing the broader picture.”