883

One Wrong Step, Every Step Was Wrong

Speaking of, the eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo, was also quite bitter.

His plans originally did not have any holes. If his army of 300 thousand was uncooperative, only the 115 thousand troops that Xuan Tian Ming had brought along could be relied upon. Gu Shu and the coalition from the desert added together formed an army of 500 thousand. Even if Xuan Tian Ming’s side was ferocious, the difference in numbers was too staggering. Moreover, in a climate like the desert, as long as Gu Shu put in a bit of effort, they could easily win the battle.

Unfortunately, the eighth prince had not thought of Feng Yu Heng having this trick. For items from the 21st century with massive firepower to appear in this era, even if Gu Shu had large numbers, and even if the desert was hotter, all of this would be cast to the side. In the face of this firepower, everything in this era had to give way.

It was because of this that the situation in the South after Xuan Tian Ming’s arrival did not go as the eighth prince had anticipated. Everything had progressed in a different way than he had expected. In fact, it had been the opposite. This included Fu Ya. Even she was having an extremely hard time with hundreds of mistakes. It was such that there was no choice but to give her up.

Of course, the eighth prince had not received word of any of this. All of the letters that had been sent in his direction were intercepted by Xuan Tian Ming. It was such that the eighth prince was still enjoying sweet dreams with Xuan Tian Ming on the verge of death in the desert.

Ji Ling Tian brought the people out of the prefect’s manor. Ever since Xuan Tian Ming had arrived in the South, this was his first time exiting through his own manor’s gates. It was as though it was a lifetime ago. In the past, when he walked in the streets, although the people did not particularly like him, they would still be respectful when greeting him. But now, things were different. The people looked at him as though he was a stranger, completely ignoring him. This was even on the better side. There even some that sneered at him, and those that were closer would spit to express their disdain.

There were also some people that pointed at him and said without any attempts to hide it: “Do you see that. This is our paternal official, the prefect of Lan Zhou, Lord Ji! It’s him that took the lead in telling everyone to acknowledge the fake imperial daughter. It’s because of him that we endured it. It was him that deliberately misled us citizens. What’s the point of having this sort of official?”

“Of course, he can’t be kept around! A paternal official deceiving the people is something that we need to tell the ninth prince. The position of prefect of Lan Zhou needs someone new. It must not be someone that is the same as him. The people of Lan Zhou can’t stomach it.”

Ji Ling Tian lowered his head and did not dare argue back. What could he say? What the people were saying was indeed correct. It was him that deliberately misled the people into believing Fu Ya was Imperial Daughter Ji An after receiving the order from the eighth prince. He had also went with it and called Feng Jin Yuan the lord left prime minister. Thinking about it now, even he wanted to slap himself. The hatred in his heart for the eighth prince and the Feng family grew even more.

Ji Ling Tian increased his pace, arriving at the Feng residence’s entrance in an angry huff. At this time, the entrance of the Feng residence was tightly closed. There were also quite a few citizens outside. There was a pile of lettuce laying outside, and there was a large amount of egg residue on the door. The citizens would visit once each day to curse a bit and throw some stuff. Either way, they could not allow the Feng family to live in peace. In regards to this, the Feng residence continued to maintain an attitude of avoidance. They did not open the gates nor did they reply. Not even their servants had gone out.