833

Getting Addicted to Being an Imperial Daughter

Of course, the people were not fools. Although they had heard that Imperial Daughter Ji An had come to Lan Zhou with Feng Jin Yuan and Yao shi as a family of three, they were a bit skeptical about the rumors of Imperial Daughter Ji An severing ties with His Highness the ninth prince to turn and support His Highness the eighth prince. Everyone felt that this was not too likely. Imperial Daughter Ji An and His Highness the ninth prince had experienced turbulent times and difficulties together, and they had worked together to conquer Qian Zhou. How could they have possibly suddenly split up? This imperial daughter would not happen to be a fake, right?

These sorts of thoughts gradually began to spread from one person to another. The accessory shop that had suddenly become quiet with Fu Ya’s arrival had now become filled with discussion. There was true doubt about Fu Ya’s identity.

Fu Ya saw this and felt anxious, but there was nothing that she could do. She wanted to speak up and argue, but she also felt that it was not much, and it would lower her status. As for her maidservant, Xiao Tao’er, she quietly whispered: “Imperial Daughter, keep calm.”

Fu Ya calmed her emotions. There was nothing that she could do at the moment aside from calm herself. Before coming out, Feng Jin Yuan had told her that she must not expose herself. In Lan Zhou, she was Feng Yu Heng. No matter who came out and questioned it, this identity could not be changed.

The people discussed for a little while longer before someone expressed their own opinion: “You’re all saying that it’s unimaginable that Imperial Daughter Ji An would split up with His Highness the ninth prince, and this matter is indeed unimaginable, but no matter how unimaginable it is, it’s something between them. Now that Imperial Daughter Ji An came to Lan Zhou, she did not come on her own. The previous left prime minister and her mother, Yao shi, have both come with her. Also, our lord prefect frequently goes to visit with his madam. I have personally seen the lord prefect kneel and salute Imperial Daughter Ji An when he ran into her in the streets.”

“Right!” Someone agreed and said: “It is indeed like this. I also saw it that day. Lord Prefect is the caretaker official of Lan Zhou. In the past, aside from His Highness the eighth prince, when had he ever kneeled to greet someone?! If Imperial Daughter Ji An was a fake, Lord Prefect would not be unable to tell the difference.”

“As I see it, it’s impossible for her to be fake. Lord prefect and his madam went to the capital last year, and they had met Imperial Daughter Ji An. I also heard that they had interacted before, and they are very familiar. Since they are familiar, how could they make a mistake?”

“Right, right, right! Lord prefect can’t possibly have made a mistake! The one before is really is Imperial Daughter Ji An!” Someone shouted this, and the people immediately reacted and kneeled, saying in unison: “Greetings to Imperial Daughter Ji An! Greetings to Imperial Daughter Ji An! Long live Imperial Daughter!”

The anxiety that Fu Ya had been carrying around was finally put down, and did her best to get as close to the way Feng Yu Heng spoke and acted, as well as the way she carried herself. Gently raising her hand, she said: “You can all rise! This place is not the palace, nor is it the capital. There aren’t that many grand rules. We all came here to take a look at accessories. There’s no need to be so courteous.” When she spoke, she spoke with a faint smile, and her appearance was truly very similar to Feng Yu Heng.

Having ascertained her identity, the people relaxed their internal defenses. At the same time, they believed even more that Imperial Daughter Ji An had come to the South. Someone stepped forward to try and speak to her, and Fu Ya faced her with a smile. It was not intimate, but it definitely could not be considered distant. There were also some young misses that could not choose between accessories and asked her to help choose. Fu Ya looked for a while then shook her head with a bitter smile: “If you asked me to differentiate between which weapons are better, I might be able to do it, but I have never been very familiar with accessories. Even with opening an accessories shop in the capital, it has always been managed by a subordinate. That’s why I am truly sorry. I am unable to choose.” This was her analysis of Feng Yu Heng. Ever since the day that she met Feng Yu Heng in the North, Feng Yu Heng had appeared very simple when it came to accessories. Although she was quite serious when it came to clothes and fabrics, she very rarely wore any accessories. She would occasionally wear a hairpin, and it was an extremely valuable piece, but it would just be the one piece. After returning to the capital, she removed her battle clothes, but there did not appear to be much of a difference. That was why she analyzed Feng Yu Heng as being proficient in battle but being less familiar with the small trinkets that girls enjoyed. But she continued to do her best to maintain Feng Yu Heng’s style and deliberately chose to not wear any out.