814

Divine Thief of the Shadows

At that time, the two were seated in the yard and enjoying the winter sun. Wang Chuan and Huang Quan brought out rattan chairs. The chairs did not have legs. Instead, they used rattan strips curved in an arc. When a person sat on it, it could sway back and forth, and it was very satisfying.

The two were both quite good at martial arts, and both had internal strength. Even on a winter day, they would not feel cold if they sat outside for a long period of time. After Xuan Tian Hua finished speaking about the commoners and their “anti-eighth coalition” that had been formed, as well as the commotion currently being caused, he asked her: “Have you arranged for your own people to get mixed in to provide those people with a certain amount of guidance?”

Feng Yu Heng shook her head: “I was thinking about doing that. On the day that I had Wang Lin announce the closure of Hundred Herb Hall, I had prepared that sort of group. Unfortunately,” She spread her hands, “They didn’t get used!” As she spoke, a smile appeared on her face, and she looked quite pleased with herself.

Xuan Tian Hua looked at her smiling expression and could not help but laugh, “Just look at how pleased you are with yourself.” But this girl should indeed feel pleased! Without needing to arrange for someone to guide these people, and without her doing anything to push these people to gather, they went ahead and did it on their own and shouted those sorts of things. It could be seen just how irreplaceable Imperial Daughter Ji An had become after these two years. He was proud of her!

“Does seventh brother feel that doing things this way is improper?” After all, causing such a disturbance during the first month, if the Emperor decided to assign blame, she bore a certain amount of the blame. “Say, Father Emperor won’t blame me, right? If he really gets angry, if I go out and advise those commoners, can things be brought back?”

Xuan Tian Hua, however, shook his head, telling her: “Seventh brother is proud of you! Father Emperor will also feel proud of you! When I came over, I ran into Xu Jing Yuan. He was heading into the palace. Normally speaking, those officials should have been stripped of their position and had their homes raided, but you know that there were too many officials causing an uproar. Punishing one or two would be unfair, and if they were all punished, there would not be enough people to fill up those empty positions, and it would cause turmoil in the court.”

“Then how will Father Emperor resolve it?” Feng Yu Heng thought for a bit, “Have them forfeit their salaries?”

“Un.” Xuan Tian Hua nodded, “Forfeiture of salaries is the only way to resolve it. But this is just temporary. Father Emperor has not become senile. He is quite clear on that debt! Old eighth is his son, but those officials do not share any blood relation with him. For the time being, they will forfeit their salaries. Following that, just wait and see. One matter after another will be placed on them. I can imagine their stunned expressions when those matters come out. I can also imagine them being left with no chance to right a wrong when faced with Father Emperor’s fury. Taking care of them one at a time, he will have time to find someone suitable to make up for the vacant spot. As for the new person to come in, they will definitely not be part of old eighth’s faction.” As he spoke, he stopped the swaying rattan chair and looked toward Feng Yu heng: “It’s just that you have suffered a grievance, and you have no choice but to go to Ji An Prefecture. Only with you leaving can you avoid the turbulence of the court. Don’t worry, even after the first month, when Ming’er heads South, the large capital will still have seventh brother. The things that should be had, seventh brother will make sure to protect it for you.”

Feng Yu Heng gazed at Xuan Tian Hua. While looking at him, she suddenly felt a bit distressed. If possible, she really hoped to avoid getting someone like Xuan Tian Hua, who was a living deity, involved in something as filthy as a succession battle, spending entire days jockeying for power and focusing on the situation in the capital while speculating about the enemy’s intentions. As she saw it, Xuan Tian Hua should spend his entire life aloof and without worrying about a single thing and without thinking about a single thing. He should live the life that he wanted to live. As for the current situation, it was definitely not what he wanted.