826

The Eighth Prince’s Suggestion

Xu shi’s sudden loud shout gave quite a fright to the Yao family’s two other madams and six sons. Even Yao Jing Jun, who was standing at her side, trembled then furrowed his brow, asking: “What are you doing?”

Xu shi stomped her foot: “I’ve decided! After the first month, I will set out for the fief to take care of A-Heng!”

“What?” Everyone was extremely shocked, “You’re going to the fief?”

“Correct!” Xu shi nodded very resolutely, “When A-Heng was in the capital, she was always busy with all sorts of things, and it was rare for us to be intimate, and it was mostly considered taking care of her. Now that she is going back to her fief, there won’t be as many eyes watching her. That’s why I must go over. As expected, keeping an eye on your own daughter is the only way to feel at ease. Leaving it to the maidservants and grannies is no good. I just feel uneasy.” While speaking, she said to the maidservant at her side: “Quickly go and pack up my belongings. We will set out immediately after the first month.”

The maidservant was on the verge of crying: “Madam, it still hasn’t passed the 15th. Even if you really leave after the first month, things do not need to be packed so soon! Also-” She glanced at Yao Jing Jun, “With you leaving, what would happen in the manor? Who will take care of master and the two young masters?”

“They’re already so grown. What is it, will they not be able to live if I leave?” At this very moment, Xu shi, who loved that girl as if she was her life, was only thinking of Feng Yu Heng. She was completely incapable of thinking about anyone else. The male line of the Yao family flourished, especially in this current generation, as all of the children born were sons. This had truly been something that caused the wives to feel the most distraught. What was good about having a son? They spent all of their time going out. How could they be as intimate as a daughter? Unfortunately, all three had given birth to six, with all six being boys. They had all given up hope. “I don’t care. Either way, my mind has been made. Nobody should think of stopping me!”

Yao Jing Jun angrily stomped his foot: “Are you not going to cause trouble for her? There are still many things to do over there. A-Heng went over there to build it up. Do you think she went over there to play?”

“It’s because she will be enduring hardship that I need to go and take care of her!” Xu shi spoke with conviction: “How bitter is A-Heng’s life! Being sent to suffer in the mountains from a young age, she finally managed to come back. The Feng family does not have a conscience and has tried to harm her with every step. From beginning to end, they never hoped for her to survive. That child finally managed to use her own abilities to obtain a bright future, but who could have expected that Qian Rou would…” Upon bringing up Yao Qian Rou, the members of the Yao family fell silent. Even Yao Jing Jun lost his bearing. Xu shi began crying once more. While sobbing, she continued: “That child is currently living without a father or mother, but she had a future husband. But in the end, they have not yet gotten married. Also, His Highness the ninth prince is busy with his military duties and cannot possibly accompany her. No matter how great her abilities, she is still just a girl. Just going over to the fief with a group of people, she does not have a single relative at her side. When I think of this, my heart feels uncomfortable!”

The eldest son, Yao Shu, interjected: “It’s not like she doesn’t have a single relative. Didn’t she bring along her younger sister? The Feng family’s third young miss should have also gone along.”

“What good is that third young miss?” Xu shi fought back, “Who doesn’t know about the personality of the Feng family’s third young miss. It’s not me talking about her poorly behind her back as her aunt. It’s the truth that she relies on our A-Heng to protect her. It’s good enough if she does not cause trouble. Can she be relied upon to take care of A-Heng?” As she spoke, she looked at her eldest son, Yao Shu, and second son, Yao Sen, “You two are the family’s eldest grandchildren. When mother has departed, you need to take good care of your younger brothers and be filial to your grandfather. You also need to take good care of your father. Do you understand?”