994

The Strange Occurrences in the Imperial Palace

They quickly arrived at the palace’s gates, and Zhang Yuan asked the guards at the gate. They said that Xu Jingyuan had already entered while escorting the eighth prince inside. Not long after Zhang Yuan had left the Imperial Palace, the Emperor made another decree, returning Talented Lady Liu to the position of imperial concubine. She was now Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu once more.

Everyone was extremely shocked. This included Feng Yuheng. Everyone had their mouths hanging open in shock. If the Emperor had released the eighth prince, there would at least be some reasoning available. After all, that was his son. It would be understandable for the Emperor to be unable to make that move at the very end. But why would he return Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu to her position?

Something is off about this! This was the first thing that Feng Yuheng thought when hearing this. Without waiting any longer, she entered the palace.

There were already many people in Zhao He Hall’s yard. There were many princes, and even the Empress was there with the members of the imperial harem. Even Feng Zhaolian stood next to the Empress to watch the liveliness.

Feng Yuheng’s group could be considered as having arrived late. Just as she arrived, the Empress moved to receive her. With a look of worry, she grabbed ahold of her and quietly said: “Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu, who had just been promoted once more, is currently taking care of him instead. His Majesty already said that nobody is allowed to enter.”

Feng Yuheng frowned but did not bother with being courteous toward the Empress, directly asking: “What do you mean by nobody is allowed to enter? Have His Highness the ninth prince and His Highness the seventh prince arrived yet?”

The Empress pointed behind herself: “Look, aren’t they standing there?”

Feng Yuheng looked in that direction. Sure enough, Xuan Tianming and Xuan Tianhua were standing at a short distance from the hall. The two were discussing something with their heads down. It might be that they felt someone looking at them, thus they turned their heads and met Feng Yuheng’s gaze.

“Aside from Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu, who else is inside?” She asked the Empress, “Wasn’t it said that Father Emperor is ill? How is his current condition?”

The Empress was a bit helpless, “This One never heard about his condition. Aside from Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu, there are imperial physicians and the eighth prince, who had just been carried back.”

Feng Yuheng did not continue asking, as she turned her head and told Zhang Yuan: “Quickly go in. You are Father Emperor’s personal servant. No matter who else is barred from entering, you can still enter.”

Zhang Yuan nodded and hastily walked toward the entrance. The Empress looked at Zhang Yuan with a bit of concern. It was only after seeing Zhang Yuan successfully enter that she let out a sigh of relief and said: “If even Zhang Yuan was not allowed to enter, this One could only abandon my shame and try to invite Imperial Concubine Yun.”

While they spoke, the sound of crying came from inside the hall. The crying belonged to Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu and the eighth prince. The people waiting outside became alert, and the Empress even let go of Feng Yuheng’s hand, as she practically trotted over to the entrance of the hall.

The Emperor was ill, and he had his son and an imperial concubine inside to take care of him. For crying sounds to come out now, what did this imply?