997

Imperial Concubine Shu Attends to the Bedchamber

Without a doubt, there was someone attending to the bedchamber. The unimpeachable behavior that the Emperor had maintained for many years for Imperial Concubine Yun’s sake had finally come to an end in a single night.

In truth, Feng Yuheng did not find attending to the bedchamber to be something odd. Instead, it was the over-20-year period of inactivity from the Emperor that she found strange. Thinking back to when the Emperor was middle-aged, though he would not have been as vigorous as in his 20s, that was still when men were near their peaks. To have kept to himself for all of those years and not die from holding it in, he could be considered quite fortunate. She had no desire to speculate on how the Emperor got through all of those years. It was just that when she thought a bit about it, he had managed to endure through his younger years. Why was it that when he reached this age, he suddenly picked things back up? Also, of all the people that he chose, why did he choose Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu?

That was right, the person currently in Zhao He Hall was Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu. That voice was very easy to distinguish. The Emperor must be exerting all of his strength to have Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu make that sort of a voice. There would occasionally even be some sounds that could not be held back.

Normally speaking in the ancient times, there were many rules pertaining to a member of the imperial harem attending to the bedchamber. Among these rules was one that stated that a member of the imperial harem must not let out this sort of sound. It was considered being rude to the emperor, and this was a problem with her morals. But at this time, Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu was not paying attention to any of this. She was even all too eager to let the entire inner palace, and even extending to the capital and all of Da Shun, know that she had been favored by the Emperor once more. Her son had also been saved from punishment. From this day forward, this inner palace would be her world. It would no longer have any relation to Imperial Concubine Yun.

The sounds continued to come from inside the hall, and the lightly-sleeping Zhang Yuan furrowed his brow. He covered his ears in irritation but did not open his eyes; however, it was very clear that he was annoyed.

Feng Yuheng did not wait any longer, pulling Xuan Tianming into her space, “Continuing to listen from the outside is no fun. Let’s go in and take a look.” As she said this, she disappeared once more. The two then reappeared in Zhao He Hall.

With a member of the imperial harem attending to the bedchamber, the hidden guards naturally stayed far away. It would be best if they did not watch this sort of thing. The two stood behind a screen. Although they could not clearly see the scene inside, the sounds became much clearer. The sound of heavy breathing coming from the Emperor, the sound of bodies coming together, and the sound of Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu’s wanton cries continued to enter their ears.

The old emperor was ill? Xuan Tianming was so angry that he wanted to charge in and chop both people up; however, Feng Yuheng shook her head at him, gesturing for him to keep calm. Finally, the sounds from inside stopped, as the old emperor said in a tired voice while panting: “We really have gotten old, yet dear imperial concubine is still so young. Unfortunately, We wasted so many good years in the palace. We really are apologetic toward you.”

“Your Majesty, what sort of thing are you saying.” Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu’s voice was changed, and it caused those who heard to feel numb, “You still have not reached 60. How have you become old? Ever since this concubine entered the palace, I have been Your Majesty’s woman. Regardless of how Your Majesty treated this concubine, it’s this concubine’s fate. This concubine is happiest about being able to give birth to a son for Your Majesty while I was young. Whenever I think of our Mo’er, any amount of suffering is bearable.”