902

Better to Throw Sand That Can’t Be Held Together

The letter had been written by Feng Yu Heng and sent to the sixth prince, Xuan Tian Feng. It was because Xiang Rong’s name had been written on the envelope that it had been sent to the embroidery shop.

The one sending the letter was Xuan Tian Feng’s attendant. After entering, the letter was handed to Xiang Rong. Looking over to the side, he saw Xuan Tian Yi, who was standing to the side, and he could not help but become extremely shocked and ask: “Your Highness the fourth prince, you wouldn’t happen to have escaped from the capital, right?”

Xuan Tian Yi angrily smacked the attendant’s head: “What escape? Have you heard of anyone fleeing to this sort of place to arouse the attention of others?”

“Then how could you be here?” The attendant held his head and had a bitter expression, “Who doesn’t know that you were sentenced to house arrest by the Emperor? Not to mention the capital, but you could not even leave your own palace. How could you suddenly appear here?”

“It was Father Emperor that allowed me to come!” Xuan Tian Yi said with a heavy expression: “The Feng family’s third young miss is my master. My master has run off, so how could I, as a disciple, not also come? Otherwise, who else would teach me? Don’t worry, just tell this to His Highness the sixth prince. If he doesn’t believe it, just sent a report into the capital to ask and see if Father Emperor allowed me to come. Oh right, remember to have my sixth brother come and visit me here. Fourth brother has come. He should have something to express.”

The attendant weakly nodded his head then asked Xiang Rong: “Third young miss, is there anything urgent in the letter? If there isn’t, this servant will go back and report to His Highness. If there is, this servant also needs to report to His Highness to discuss what should be done.”

This had originally been quite a normal question, but when they looked at Xiang Rong’s expression, her entire face slackened with a look of sadness. Xuan Tian Yi and the attendant were both confused and did not understand what had happened. Xuan Tian Yi was rather cheerful, as he directly snatched the letter from Xiang Rong’s hands to take a look. He then casually said to the attendant: “Oh, there’s nothing major. It’s just that someone died. Feng Jin Yuan died.”

The attendant pondered for a long time before finally reacting and could not help but click his tongue. Feng Jin Yuan, was that not Imperial Daughter Ji An and third young miss Feng’s father?! Although he had heard that their relationship was not good, they were still related by blood. Now that he had suddenly died, it was no wonder that third young miss Feng would have this sort of expression. For a while, he did not know how to console her. Neither leaving nor staying were correct choices.

It was Xuan Tian Yi that helped solve this problem, as he chased that person to the door. While opening the door, he said: “Go back and tell His Highness the sixth prince the truth. Tell him that there’s no need to worry about this side. Everything can be left to me.” After saying this, he pushed the attendant out the door then shut the door tight.

In summary, the letter was Feng Yu Heng reporting a death to Feng Xiang Rong. Feng Jin Yuan and Yao shi’s causes of death, as well as their changes at the very end, were all recorded very fairly by Feng Yu Heng; however, she did not express her own opinion. Instead, it was left to Xiang Rong to think about for herself. It would be based on her own feelings for that father.

After Xuan Tian Yi sent that attendant out, he quietly returned to Xiang Rong’s side and quietly dismissed his own attendant, as well as Xiang Rong’s maidservant. It was only after all but the two left the shop that he finally said: “If you feel unhappy, just cry. Having a father die, you should cry a bit. Although that father of yours was truly not very good.”