995

Restricted Access to the Imperial Palace

Feng Yuheng could fully guarantee that there was a problem with the Emperor's condition. Although this looked to be a happy and lively family of three, the Emperor's words and actions were all abnormal.

Feng Yuheng believed that she had a very good understanding of the Emperor, or it could be said that she understood the Emperor previously. The old emperor only had Imperial Concubine Yun alone in his heart. Although he was considered a good father to these sons, he would be a little more biased toward Xuan Tianming. But right now? Not only did he promise Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu the position of noble imperial concubine, but he even said that he wanted to give the throne to old eighth. Though she could not see any signs of him having been threatened, this was not his normal way of doing things. It was just that this situation was too strange. Why had the Emperor's mood suddenly swung 180 degrees in the other direction? Even if she expended all of her mental capacity, she could not figure it out.

After looking for a little while longer, Feng Yuheng could no longer bear to watch. The scenario between the three was too natural. It was too harmonious. The imperial physicians who had been circling around the Emperor had now backed out. It was as though a single extra person joining in would disrupt things. When she retreated, she heard many of the departing imperial physicians say: "His Majesty's words were very clear. The throne will eventually be given to the eighth prince. It seems that the winds in court will be changing once more!"

"That's right! The eighth prince, what sort of situation is this? Is this finding a way out of an impossible situation? This has gone a little too unexpectedly. His Majesty changed too quickly. I keep feeling that something is off, and it leaves one feeling unable to comprehend!"

"What is there to not comprehend?" Someone said: "Isn't this just how the inner palace works. Today, you enjoy being favored, and she might enjoy it tomorrow. Which member of the imperial harem does not want to think of a way to make moves to get closer to His Majesty. It all depends on whose technique is on point. That person will be the one to obtain His Majesty's favor. That Imperial Concubine Yun messed around for over 20 years. As I see it, His Majesty could no longer endure. When old, one would want someone with a good personality and can keep him happy, right? He can't possibly just keep waiting bitterly for Imperial Concubine Yun for the rest of his life. With Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu obtaining favor, it's natural that her son will also see his situation improve. This is all very natural."

This person's words were reasonable because this was how the Imperial Palace had worked since ancient times. The people did not feel that there was anything wrong. Like this, the topic ended, and the people carefully listened to the movements inside, fearing that something would suddenly go wrong with the Emperor's health.

Feng Yuheng stealthily retreated and returned to Xuan Tianming's side. When she returned, her brow was tightly furrowed, but she did not mention what had happened inside. She just said: "If there is no need for us here in the Imperial Palace, let's go back! Or..." She thought for a bit then said, "Let's go to Winter Moon Palace to visit imperial concubine mother. As for the situation inside Zhao He Hall, I will tell you in detail once we have left the palace."

The situation in front of Zhao He Hall continued to remain lively, as the Empress led the other members of the imperial harem in criticizing Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu. Unfortunately, criticizing was pointless. The people inside would not come out, and the people outside could not go in. With a divider separating the two sides, no matter how mean the words, their impact was lessened. Gradually people also began to lose interest. Since the imperial physician had said that there was nothing severely wrong with the Emperor, there was no reason for them to continue standing around here. For the Emperor to favor Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu, that was Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu's ability. For them to make a scene was improper.