990

Selecting a Date for the Execution

Zhu Kongshan had proclaimed the eighth prince’s guilt with her death. This was something that shocked all of the officials present and made them very moved. Regardless of their faction, they all kneeled and were brought to the same side by this death, as they chanted in unison: “Would Your Majesty announce the eighth prince’s guilt! Would Your Majesty announce the eighth prince’s guilt!”

On the other side, Xuan Tianming’s group also kneeled, saying the same things as the officials. The Emperor’s hand that was holding the report could not stop shaking. A feeling of helplessly being compelled washed over him. Although he had many points that he was suspicious of in this case, he also knew: This served old eighth right!

So what if he was being framed this time? He had escaped punishment for the two previous cases. Facing all of these officials, facing the people of the world, and facing his other sons, he had to take a stance!

“Eighth prince, Xuan Tianmo…” Finally, the Emperor spoke: “Harmed the people, acted like a tyrant, was inhuman and savage. He will immediately be sent to the condemned cell, and the imperial palace’s imperial guards will be given to the ninth prince to command once more. For the eighth prince… contact the Board of Punishments to set a date… for the execution!”

These words determined the eighth prince’s final outcome. There were some who still felt unreconciled and asked: “Then what about Noble Lady Yuan?”

The Emperor broadly waved his hand: “Demote her to talented lady, take her out of Cun Shan Palace and… place her in Jing Si Palace.”

Another was sent to Jing Si Palace. Although she had not been killed nor sent to the cold palace, she had been demoted to a talented lady, which meant that there was not much difference from being a normal palace maid. After all, she was just a member of the imperial harem. After losing her son, she would no longer be able to reverse the situation, and nobody had any objections to how this was handled.

Only Xuan Tianming and Xuan Tianhua understood things clearly. The Emperor was not foolish, and he knew that Noble Lady Yuan had been framed in this case, thus he left that woman a lifeline. Xuan Tianming sighed to himself and thought that his Father Emperor had indeed gotten old. If this had occurred 20 years in the past, Noble Lady Yuan would definitely have died. But now, the Emperor was filled with an apologetic feeling toward the members of the imperial harem. That was why he no longer handled things so frankly.

After court was dismissed, Xuan Tianming led the imperial guards in surrounding the Sheng Palace, arresting Xuan Tianmo and bringing him in.

The condemned cell was in the Imperial Palace under the mountain in the back. It was an ice-cold place that necessitated a sweater even during the hottest days of the year. At present, it was the twelfth month, and the inside was filled with water and ice. It was so cold that it penetrated to the core.

Xuan Tianmo sat in the condemned cell, and the cold coming from the ground caused his lower body to feel numb. He felt a little unable to keep up with the situation. He did not understand. How did he get swept into the condemned cell? Apparently, he was going to be executed? How could that be possible! How could he have possibly fallen to this point?

Not to mention how the eighth prince could not understand how things had become like this, but Noble Lady Yuan, who had been chased out of Cun Shan Palace was also unable to understand how she had suddenly fallen. She only had a sudden realization after hearing about Zhu Kongshan filing many complaints against the eighth prince and even committed suicide by smashing her own head in front of the Emperor. It turned out that while she and her son thought that they were being smart, they ended up falling into that girl’s hands.