931

This Is a Medical Clinic But Not a Free Medical Clinic

Lu Song wanted to go to Hundred Herb Hall to take a look. Although he knew that Feng Yu Heng did not like him, he did not want to die like this. There had been a feeling that he had kept to himself this entire time, and he did not want the Lu family to fall to ruin like this. At that time, he had wanted to follow the eighth prince; however, who knew that he would be such a heartless person. It could be considered a lapse in judgment by the Lu family. Now, he knew how he should face it. If he could meet Feng Yu Heng and get in a few good words, what if that newlywed imperial daughter’s heart had suddenly softened?

The Lu family had previously walked a path of casting nets over a broad area, planning to marry a daughter into the Yao family, one into the Sheng Palace and having one daughter left over to be married off at an opportune moment. With these nets cast, they would accept any fish that they had caught. No matter who won, the Lu family would not lose. But who knew that all of the nets would break. Not only did they fail to catch a single fish, but they had also fallen to their current situation. Lu Song had already accepted that casting nets over a broad area was wrong. Instead, they should have been faithful to one until the end. That would have been proper. Unfortunately, his family no longer had any daughters that were fitting. They still had a beautiful daughter, but she had a hidden illness. Fortunately, Lu Ping seemed to be familiar with Feng Yu Heng and had a bit of a relationship with her. If they could become friends, that would also be pretty good.

When the carriage drew closer to Hundred Herb Hall, it was called to stop. The driver was sent back to the manor. Lu Song decided that he would walk the rest of the way himself. He had long since heard that Hundred Herb Hall was even busier after the reopening compared to before. In addition to this, it was also the result of the people’s pleas. He wanted to see precisely what the situation with Hundred Herb Hall was.

With these sorts of thoughts in mind, Lu Song began to walk toward Hundred Herb Hall. He did not bring an attendant with him. He just looked like a man that had come to the capital because he was idle. He would occasionally run into people that recognized him, but he waved his hand to express that he had no intention of chatting.

In the end, he was still sick. Getting up early to attend court had already exhausted a great deal of his energy. Now that he had sent his driver and attendant back to the manor, the feeling of his chest tightening along with shortness of breath became more pronounced after he had walked for a while in the heat. Helplessly using a tree at the side of the road for support, he thought that he would just rest for a bit and would feel better. Reaching into his sleeve, he wanted to get some shattered silver to buy a cup of tea. Before he could get a hold of the silver, he began to cough quite severely. This coughing had come suddenly, and it felt as though he was about to cough up his lungs, but this did not pass. When he finally finished coughing, he found that the handkerchief that he had used to cover his mouth was covered with blood.

Lu Song felt his heart go “thunk.” It was true that his body was ailing, but this was the first time that he had coughed up blood. In the past, he had only felt a tightness in his chest, shortness of breath, and dizziness. Who knew that he would begin coughing up blood on the street today? In an instant, the feeling of dizziness came once more. His body swayed a few times, and just when it seemed like he was about to fall, he was supported by someone that had appeared at his side. It was a young man, who asked him: “Lord left prime minister, is your body unwell?”

Upon hearing that he had been called left prime minister, Lu Song felt a bit happy. He felt that there was at least someone that recognized him, and he would not faint in the street without anyone caring. He quickly summoned some strength to turn and look; however, when he clearly saw that person’s face, he let out a surprised “ah.” At the same time, he said: “Isn’t this the Ren family’s eldest son?”