905

The Great Surprise Given by His Highness the Ninth Prince

When Feng Yu Heng came back out, she was wearing the wedding dress made of commoner’s brocade and shoes made of the five treasures. She wore a veil on her head, which covered the phoenix coronet made of yellow crystal.

Although the people were unable to see Imperial Daughter Ji An’s appearance, the lively atmosphere became even more lively. Across the street from Hundred Herb Hall was a restaurant. Back when Feng Yu Heng had gone to get ready, the boss of the restaurant prepared a bowl of noodle soup. At this time, he personally brought it over and said to Xuan Tian Ming: “Your Highness the ninth prince, we Southerners have a tradition. When a bride is getting married, she will have some noodles first. This lowly one is the owner of the restaurant across the street and specifically brought this bowl of noodles over. If Imperial Daughter does not dislike the idea, have a bite for some good fortune!”

Xuan Tian Ming did not say anything. It was Bai Ze, who had always been at his side that stepped forward, bringing the noodles over and giving thanks. While turning around, he quickly tested it for poison. After being certain that it was fine, he brought it to Feng Yu Heng and said with a smile: “Princess, have a bite!”

Feng Yu Heng nodded. With help from Wang Chuan, she had a mouthful to complete the tradition from the South.

The citizens saw her eat the noodles, and their smiles broadened even more. They spoke some more auspicious words. It was only after Feng Yu Heng sat inside the wedding sedan and Xuan Tian Ming’s wedding procession left through the Southern gate that the inside of the city became peaceful once more. But the heated discussion between the citizens continued. The grand wedding between the ninth prince and Imperial Daughter Ji An was a grand occasion for the citizens of Lan Zhou City, especially with all of the unique gifts given by Xuan Tian Ming. When the people opened them up, they found that the gifts inside were actually that good, and they were all so happy that their smiles could not be hidden.

Feng Yu Heng sat inside the wedding sedan and listened to the music outside. The sedan slowly advanced, following the procession out through the city’s southern gate into the desert. Passing through the South, they walked the path toward Sha Ping City.

Wang Chuan and Huang Quan were on the right side of the sedan, while the matchmaker was on the left side. At this time, she was speaking to Feng Yu Heng through the window: “Imperial Daughter, this old servant is just an ordinary matchmaker. His Highness the ninth prince said that everything must be done properly for the wedding. Although the South cannot compare to the capital, the things that ought to be prepared have been prepared, thus this old servant was brought over. I hope that Imperial Daughter will not dislike it.”

How could Feng Yu Heng dislike this sort of thing; moreover, although this matchmaker was dressed as a matchmaker, her appearance was quite good. She also did not have any bad habits, and her words were reasonable. She was to her liking, thus she smiled and replied: “Many thanks for being able to help with this wedding. This Imperial Daughter will reward you later.”

“Hah, I do not dare receive it!” The matchmaker quickly said: “His Highness the ninth prince has already rewarded this old servant with quite a large sum of money. This old servant cannot ask for more from Imperial Daughter!” After saying this, she did not bring this up any further and began to speak about important matters: “Imperial Daughter, the wedding hall for your and His Highness’ wedding has been set in Jue Ping City, but brides and bridegrooms should not travel at night. That’s why we will be resting in Sha Ping City for the night. Tomorrow morning, we will depart from Sha Ping City for Jue Ping City. That way, we can arrive in Jue Ping City before the sky darkens for the wedding.”