979

One Can Only Have One Maternal Family

Zhu Kongshan nodded her head in a daze. She could understand what Xuan Tianmo meant. Conserve her strength until there comes a day when she could feel proud and stage a comeback. Like that, the people she wanted to protect would receive the best protection. The Zhu manor in Peng Zhou would also need to take orders from her.

Xuan Tianmo stepped forward and helped her up from the ground before taking the next step: “In this world, there are many times when you can only obtain something by holding back. Learning to endure will allow you to withstand future attacks. Your future cannot be assessed, but is it something that a measly Zhu manor can do anything about? There’s no need to be afraid of suffering some humiliation now. Just take note of the people and the things they’ve done. There will come a day when you can get revenge. Nobody will be able to escape from you. Have you forgotten what I told you about the Feng family’s second young miss?”

When he brought up the Feng family’s second young miss, it was naturally Feng Yuheng. Zhu Kongshan thought back. Back when she had just arrived in the capital, Xuan Tianmo had told her about Feng Yuheng’s series of plots to seek revenge upon returning to the capital. At that time, she had been completely immersed in the story. It was as though Xuan Tianmo was speaking about something that had happened in a story; however, she also understood that all of the events were real. A child that had been sent to live in the mountains at a young age, and she had a fortunate meeting over there. After returning home, she began to carry out a vicious series of strategies on those who had caused her harm in the past. In the end, it caused the Feng family to be completely scattered. It truly was a legendary tale!

When she thought of Feng Yuheng’s situation, a bit of annoyance and hatred reminiscent of what Feng Yuheng felt toward the Feng family began to fill her heart. She clenched her fists, took a deep breath then finally nodded and said: “Cousin, I understand. Don’t worry. I won’t be rash. I will be patient and wait. I will wait for the day when I can soar, and the Zhu family will sob under my feet.”

“Good! Good!” Xuan Tianmo began to laugh, “This is what my, Xuan Tianmo’s cousin should be like. Only a cousin like this is worthy of being at my side!”

Zhu Kongshan was advised to go back out and continue her work in the northern part of the city. As for the eighth prince in the study, he watched this parting figure with a shady smile.

There will come a day? The Empress? No, it had to be said that he really thought of making this cousin his empress, but once he discovered the importance of reputation, after this sort of thing had happened, Zhu Kongshan was no longer within his considerations. His future empress definitely could not have any problems with their reputation. He wanted to place a pure deity on the empress’ seat, and this deity could not be a deity on her own. Her background needed to be pure white. Liu shi had ruined Zhu Kongshan, and he needed to find a new target.

Zhu Kongshan never could have imagined that she had already been discarded. On the contrary, after being “brainwashed” by the eighth prince, she began working at 120 percent kindness once more. This caused A-Huan and A-Ruo to feel extremely perplexed.

As for the Zhu family’s side, Zhu Xinjie had already been pressed by the head madam into writing a letter. The contents were his decision to divorce a concubine.

Normally speaking, concubines did not need to be divorced. If they were no longer wanted, they could just be left frozen in the manor, or they could just be demoted to servants. Or, for those who did something as bad as Liu shi, even being beaten to death was normal. But Zhu Xinjie was deadset on disgusting the Liu family. He wanted to divorce a concubine, and he wanted to send Liu shi back to the Liu manor. To the Liu family, this would be a great humiliation.