981

Revenge

Zhu Kongshan did not know exactly what sort of person sent the letter, whether they were friends or foes, but she trusted that the contents of the letter were true. There was no reason. It was just based on her intuition and the understanding that she had gained of the eighth prince over the past few months.

She crumpled the letter into a ball and made a decision. Calling her personal maidservant, Xiao Yu, back inside, she cautiously asked: “I am going back to the capital tonight. Do you dare come with me?”

Xiao Yu was stunned then asked: “Is what young miss saying true? Concubine mother Liu has not been buried yet. Isn’t it a bit too rushed for us to leave right now? Didn’t you come back for the sole reason of sending off concubine mother Liu?”

“There’s no need to send her off.” Zhu Kongshan’s heart became cold, “As a birth mother, she never made any considerations for me while she was alive. Thinking about it, she won’t need me as a daughter to send her off. Having the Zhu family and the Liu family is enough. Missing one won’t matter too much. Also, the head madam and father want to marry me off. How can I just sit back and let them do as they please.”

When Xiao Yu heard this, she sighed that her young miss’s life really was not good. To end up with this sort of a birth mother, this sort of father, and this sort of head madam, she would only suffer hardships if she stayed in the Zhu family. Thus she nodded: “Xiao Yu will listen to young miss. If young miss wants to go somewhere, Xiao Yu will go with you, but what about the eldest young miss’s two servants? Will we be bringing them?”

Zhu Kongshan shook her head: “There’s no need to tell them. I figure that even if we told them to come with us back to the capital, they will not want to go. This matter must be kept secret. We must not allow anyone to find out. Once it is found out, we won’t be able to leave.” She looked at Xiao Yu and felt that with the many years of feelings of being master and servant, this girl should not sell her out. But there was always a chance, as this Zhu manor had too many people who were untrustworthy. After a bit of thought, she said some threatening things: “Xiao Yu, you need to understand that bringing you along to the capital is also for your sake. If we don’t leave, I will need to get married in accordance with the head madam’s arrangements. As for you, since you are my personal maidservant, you will definitely need to go with me. Think about it, the person that they chose will definitely not be reliable. Once I get married, who knows what sort of things we will need to endure. If things don’t go well for me, how can things be any better for you?”

Upon hearing this, Xiao Yu kneeled and quickly expressed her thoughts: “Xiao Yu has taken care of young miss since childhood. In this manor, young miss is the only person dear to this servant. Wherever you go, Xiao Yu will also go. I will never betray young miss in this lifetime.”

Zhu Kongshan nodded her head in satisfaction and did not say anything else. She just went out and provided the Sheng Palace’s maidservant with an explanation. That maidservant was a bit puzzled as to why she was in such a rush to leave, and Zhu Kongshan used the eighth prince to pressure her: “Cousin said for me to come back and take a look then quickly return. This Zhu manor must not trip me up. These were the words that cousin said.”

The maidservant heard these words and did not continue to ask. After all, right before coming, the eighth prince had advised her that she must bring Zhu Kongshan back to the capital. There were still many things that required Zhu Kongshan to do. He had finally managed to obtain such a good helper. No matter what, he had to completely exhaust her usefulness before discarding her. She complied with Zhu Kongshan’s orders and sneakily left the manor to make preparations for setting out at night.