877

With This Prince, There Is No Fairness

Xuan Tian Ming’s army set up a camp ten li outside of Sha Ping City, and they officially moved in. At the same time, a portion of the soldiers was left to be stationed inside Sha Ping City. Although they did not take over governing Sha Ping City for the time being, the official in the government office had already been swapped for a military official from Da Shun. It could be said that the inside of Sha Ping City had already become part of Da Shun, as Xuan Tian Ming promised the people of Sha Ping City. One month later, an official from Da Shun would move in and enter the citizens into Da Shun’s census. After this was taken care of, trade would officially return to normal. There would no longer be any need for special procedures because Sha Ping City had already become part of Da Shun. The two sides were part of the same country.

To the people that wished to live in Da Shun from Sha Ping, Da Shun welcomed them. It was just that they needed to take care of all expenses themselves. Of course, there were also people in the South that wanted to go and live in Sha Ping City. This side was also willing to welcome them. Either way, Sha Ping was no longer a city that belonged to Gu Shu. Instead, it had become part of Da Shun’s territory; however, it had not become part of any province. Xuan Tian Ming thought that all he would eventually need to adjust all of the cities in Gu Shu, and a new provincial government would be created. Someone would specifically be dispatched to govern it.

The 300 thousand troops that the eighth prince, Xuan Tian Mo, had left behind were not brought to Sha Ping. They were kept in the South. Just a portion of them had been brought over to repair Sha Ping’s city walls. They obtained bricks from Lan Zhou then used camels to transport them to Sha Ping City.

Those people did not think anything of it at the beginning, but as the city wall was being repaired, they found that something was off! Xuan Tian Ming’s army was responsible for meritorious deeds and providing the methods for the repairs, but they of the Southern Army were the only ones actually working. On what basis?

Some were unhappy with it. Throwing down their tools, they pointed at Xuan Tian Ming’s army and loudly shouted: “Why are you not working?”

Xuan Tian Ming’s people were puzzled and asked: “Aren’t we working? Without us providing the method, would you know how to build it up? There is more to work than just physical labor. There’s a thing called mental work. We are taking care of the mental work. Quickly get building. General said that if, by the evening, the wall is not built up to this high-” He gestured with his hands, “There will be no food for you tonight.”

“On what basis?” The Southern Army exploded, “Working on such a hot day and not giving us any food. On what basis?”

“Because he is the ninth prince! If you have any objections, you can go and bring them up with His Highness the ninth prince. As for whether or not His Highness would care, there’s also the ending that you would meet for bringing it up, but you need to think it through carefully. Don’t blame us for not reminding you. All of these orders were handed down by His Highness the ninth prince himself.”

The Southern Army withered. His Highness the ninth prince was the ninth prince of hell. Who would be so bored as to go and do this sort of thing? But to just endure like this, they felt unreconciled!

The people of Prince Yu’s army revealed a truth to them: “How long have you guys been stationed down in the South? Have you made any progress with your attacks on Gu Shu? Has there been any real effect? We just arrived, yet we took Sha Ping City. Did you put in any effort? Go out and ask around about the battle. Who could possibly walk side-by-side with our general? You’ve all seen the power of the heavenly lightning, right? If you were given three generations, could you possibly make that sort of thing? With just this level of smarts, what can you do aside from fix a wall?”