811

You Need to Find Yourselves a Partner

The progression of the Divine Intent Army’s training made her feel very satisfied, especially when it came to the proficiency that the members of the Divine Archery Group showed with guns. That caused her to watch on with respect. Over the course of just two days and one night, there were already people that could hit their targets with great accuracy. This caused Feng Yu Heng to have no choice but to admire her own ability to select people. Thinking about it, for people that were able to reach the pinnacle of archery, how could they be unable to grasp the basics of using a machine gun.

Seeing that everything was progressing normally for the Divine Archery group, she advised the Support Group of a few matters then quickly returned to the capital. She had planned to leave the capital before the 15th of the first month. There were too many things that needed to be taken care of. At the very least, she needed to find an opportunity to visit Xuan Tian Ge and her other friends. There was also Xiang Rong. That girl had expressed her own standpoint during the banquet. At the very least, she needed to advise Xuan Tian Ming to take care of her a little more.

Returning to the capital on the evening of the seventh, Xuan Tian Ge’s group took the initiative to pay her a visit on the morning of the eighth. Xuan Tian Ge, Ren Xi Feng, Fung Tian Yu and Bai Fu Rong, not a single person was missing. They had all gathered in the imperial daughter’s manor.

Xuan Tian Ge grabbed Feng Yu Heng’s hand and said: “You made such a big decision without even letting us know. A-Heng, do you no longer think of us as friends?”

Feng Yu Heng was worried that she would say this, and she quickly explained: “It really isn’t like that. First, this decision was made hastily. Second, there are indeed too many things that need to be taken care of. Look, I only just returned from the military camp last night.”

This excuse was quite acceptable, and the group knew that she had gone to the military camp outside of the capital, thus they did not persist with the matter of not being told. Ren Xi Feng then said: “News of Hundred Herb Hall closing has already spread through the streets. Yesterday, after the citizens received word of this news, they were in quite a turbulent mood. They went and blocked the manors of the officials, and even the Sheng Palace was not spared.”

Feng Yu Heng had also heard about this. The previous night, Wang Lin had reported to her; however, he did not speak too exhaustively. After all, he had not followed them over for the sake of avoiding risks. Also, with so many manors, how could he investigate all of them?

It was Ren Xi Feng that provided a far more detailed account, as she told Feng Yu Heng: “The entrances to all of those manors have been left in a poor state. They were not destroyed because the citizens were only throwing things like eggs. Although it would not result in them being destroyed, the sights were indeed quite disgusting. It’s the new year, but those officials must have been quite angered.”

“As I see it, it serves them right.” Fung Tian Yu rolled her eyes, “A-Heng, you don’t know this, but those shameless old guys even had the nerve to come to our prime minister’s manor to complain and ask father to support them. Say, have their heads been filled with water? Could my father possibly concern himself with their matters? Right, there were even people that complained to the government office, but the governor said that even the Emperor has put away the imperial seal. They could not place any hope in him opening up for work.”

Feng Yu Heng listened on and felt entertained, asking: “Then what was the situation at the Sheng Palace?”

“That’s something I will have to talk about.” Xuan Tian Ge smiled and said: “I also heard it from second brother. He secretly went to watch the liveliness. Apparently, the Sheng Palace mobilized a number of guards to surround the citizens. Unfortunately, not only did they not frighten the citizens, but they ended up angering them. The people were agitated from the start. After being surrounded, it was the equivalent of eighth brother admitting his guilt without being pressed. Thus some people began to curse loudly! There were even some that pointed at the Sheng Palace and said, ‘Your Highness the eighth prince, are you wanting to rebel, using personal troops to surround citizens?’ With that, things became quite lively. The citizens created an uproar, and their cries about His Highness the eighth prince wanting to rebel angered the one inside quite a bit. But there were too many citizens outside. Even if he was angry, there was nothing that he could do. He was already being accused of rebelling, so how could he dare to touch a single citizen?”