839

The Eighth Prince’s Conspiracy

On the way to Shu Zhou, the people were extremely nervous. Wang Chuan and Huang Quan would occasionally look out of the window to pay attention to the movement of those carriages.

Those carriages were sandwiched in the middle of Feng Yu Heng’s group to ensure that they could be watched from all sides. The hidden guards riding along for protection were also concentrated on the two sides. Only Ban Zou alone rode with Feng Yu Heng’s carriage, not taking even half a step away.

Xiang Rong sat inside the carriage with a look of hatred on her face. She just could not understand it: “Even if they want military prostitutes from far away, are there not enough in the brothels? Why do they need to kidnap girls from respectable families? Second sister, that girl just now said that she was the daughter of a concubine of Peng Zhou’s prefect. Could it be true? Just how bold is that granny’s group to actually dare to kidnap the daughter of an official? Is she not afraid that she’ll lose her head if the prefect of Peng Zhou found out?” Xiang Rong became angrier the more she said, as she began to stomp her feet in anger.

Wang Chuan was thinking the same thing as Feng Yu Heng. Seeing that Feng Yu Heng did not speak, she took the initiative to respond to Xiang Rong’s question, saying: “Third Young Miss, could it be that you’ve forgotten what that old woman said? They were flying His Highness the ninth prince’s flag, and they were using His Highness the ninth prince’s name to suppress people. Even if Peng Zhou’s prefect found out, what could he say? It’s just a daughter of a concubine. If this was the daughter of the first wife, it might be possible to head to the capital to cause a bit of a commotion, but to offend His Highness the ninth prince over a daughter of a concubine, it is truly not worth it. But to directly kidnap the daughter of the first wife is definitely difficult. Even when a daughter of the first wife from a large family goes out, there is protection that will accompany them. That old woman does not have that much ability. As for the merchant families, if the daughter that was kidnapped happens to be one that the family truly loves, perhaps it would end up causing a commotion in the capital.” She looked at Feng Yu Heng and asked: “Young Miss, what do you think? Peng Zhou is not far from the capital.”

Feng Yu Heng continued to remain silent, as Huang Quan chimed in with her analysis: “Girls being kidnapped is the same as having their reputation destroyed. I fear that nobody would go and look for them, right? Even if this sort of daughter was found, they would be considered worthless. Not only could they not get married, but the family would also be mocked. The other daughters of the family would also suffer with them. As I see it, the majority of the families will choose to remain quiet. They can only suffer in silence and swallow this bitter pill on their own.”

“After arriving in Shu Zhou, find a reason for it. At the very least, don’t make those girls look too bad.” Feng Yu Heng suddenly said this then continued to keep her eyes closed, no longer speaking.

Wang Chuan understood her intentions and nodded, saying: “Young Miss, don’t worry. The prefect of Shu Zhou gets along well with His Highness the seventh prince. All of the provinces, towns and counties that we will be passing through have been greeted by His Highnesses the seventh and ninth prince. They can be considered our people. When the time comes, we can have the prefect of Shu Zhou make an appearance and say that the girls were invited by his madam as guests. People can then be sent out to contact the families. The situation can then be written out in a letter to the families. The families can then honorably retrieve their daughters.”

“The letter must make it clear that it was people from His Highness the eighth prince’s side that kidnapped their daughters, and they used His Highness the ninth prince’s name to ruin His Highness the ninth prince’s reputation. Our young miss was kind and saved them.” Huang Quan interrupted from the side, “Either way, we can’t allow the eighth prince to get away with this.”