861

Do You Want to Be Ji An’s People or Da Shun’s People?

She and the sixth prince were just strangers that just happened to meet. Although there was that bit of a connection through Xuan Tian Ming, it was not to the point where Feng Yu Heng could have a prince personally lead 30 thousand troops to come and help her. Although if it really came to a battle, she was not afraid of the troops from Ji An Prefecture. It was a very guaranteed matter, but the other side was right. To win a battle with inferior numbers, even if the battle was won, there would be people that would get injured or die. The 100 troops that she controlled would be left for the future Ji An Prefecture. She was also thinking of training them properly after Ji An Prefecture was stabilized. Although it was impossible to train them as well as the Divine Intent Army, they would be a step above where they currently were. Protecting the fief would not be a problem.

“They’re going now to capture Ji An Prefecture.” Xuan Tian Feng spoke naturally. It was as if they were going to fetch something common, and he did not care about it at all. He was just a bit worried about the situation after Ji An Prefecture was taken back, as he told Feng Yu Heng: “The wealth that had been accumulated over the years by the Teng family is not just plentiful. Old eighth’s side will not remain quiet. You need to prepare yourself. But there’s no need to be too nervous. After all, he does not have any proper rights to any troops. The imperial guards definitely cannot be brought out of the palace. Seventh brother is still in the capital. Thinking about it, he will also help you out.”

“Will sixth brother be returning shortly?” She recalled that Xuan Tian Feng had come over here right before acting. He would definitely need to rush back. After all, the situation in the capital was not very stable. With 30 thousand troops hiding outside the city, she could feel a bit more at ease.

However, who knew that Xuan Tian Feng would shake his head, “The army will definitely need to return. I will have the deputy general take them back. As for me… younger sister-” He looked at Feng Yu Heng and spoke his true thoughts right as they entered the residence: “I want to stay in Ji An Prefecture to be a teacher.”

Feng Yu Heng was stunned and was a little unable to react, “Be a teacher? Why?” Instead of being a dignified prince, you came here to be a teacher?

Xuan Tian Feng nodded earnestly and said: “Having led soldiers in the Northeast for many years, I have become annoyed with that sort of life long ago. If younger sister does not dislike it, just keep me here as a teacher. You don’t know this, but this is the life that I desire.”

“But…” Feng Yu Heng was a bit helpless, “But if you stay here, what about the 30 thousand troops? The deputy general can bring them back to the capital, but what happens after? Are you not worried about the group being without a leader?” 30 thousand troops was not a small amount. Just being kept outside the capital like this, if something went wrong, it would be life-threatening to the capital. As for the country, the capital was the heart. If something happened to the heart, none of Da Shun could be preserved.

Xuan Tian Feng, however, had his own arrangements, “Don’t worry. When I came here, I already made arrangements with seventh brother. Once the 30 thousand troops return, he will immediately receive them at the capital. From that moment onward, the 30 thousand troops will be led by him. The capital will be protected all the same. With it being seventh brother, younger sister should feel at ease, right?!”

With him bringing up Xuan Tian Hua, Feng Yu Heng really did not have much to say. No matter who the 30 thousand troops were handed to, she would not feel at ease, even if it was the sixth prince, there was not too much interaction. She could not treat him the way she treated Xuan Tian Ming and Xuan Tian Hua. Feng Yu Heng thought that the sixth prince was very smart and would not fail to understand what she was thinking. Even if the 30 thousand troops were used as a bargaining chip to be traded for becoming a teacher in Ji An Prefecture, she would have no choice but to accept. Even if it was for the sake of the capital’s safety, she had no choice but to agree.