917

The Legitimate Princess Yu

While the army was heading back toward the capital, arrangements for the new cities acquired in the desert had begun to be handed down from the court.

The South would be re-partitioned. The six cities would become part of a large province called the Mo Province, and the court would dispatch someone to be the prefect. The six cities would be designated as zhou, but their manner of governance would remain the same.

In truth, aside from Yue Ping City, all of the other prefects would be replaced, and they were all dispatched by the court. They would all be sworn in along with the new prefect of Mo Province. This person was none other than Feng Yu Heng’s eldest cousin, Yao Shu.

Hearing that Yao Shu would be going South to be sworn in, Feng Yu Heng let out a sigh of relief. It had to be known that there were six cities! This included Yue Ping City. For six cities to join a province at once was unheard of in Da Shun. The area was too large, and there were too many cities. At the same time, the prefects had too much power. If the large area of land that they had fought hard for fell into the hands of someone unreliable, that would be a huge blow. If things went poorly, the tragedy would repeat itself after a number of years.

Now, Mo Province’s rule would be handed over to Yao Shu. This was the same as giving it to Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming. The Emperor’s decision made the two very satisfied. Along the way, Xuan Tian Ming repeatedly said: “The old man really isn’t foolish.” As for Feng Yu Heng, she was thinking that it would be best if they could run into Yao Shu on his way down. She would give him some more of the medicine that would be necessary in the desert.

This time, the court was quite forceful when it came to the conflict in the South. Not only had six cities in the desert have new governments, but even Lan Zhou’s prefect was replaced, but the replacement had not been sent from the capital. Instead, an imperial decree was sent over, and the adviser that had helped manage Lan Zhou after Xuan Tian Ming’s arrival in the South was promoted. After that adviser received the decree, he viewed Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng as his second parents. He was also completely subservient to Yao Shu, who would be arriving, but this was another story for another time.

While Feng Yu Heng was returning to the capital, she really did run into Yao Shu, as she gave him medicine, clothes and money that had been prepared beforehand. This was enough to fill two chests, and it left Yao Shu feeling embarrassed. Xuan Tian Ming also told him that there were quite a few people that he had left behind among the soldiers staying in the South. Although the vast majority were the 300 thousand troops of the Southern Army, and those people had expressed their loyalty to him, those people had previously followed old eighth. First, he was worried that they would no longer be in awe once he had left for a long time. Second, he was worried that there would still be traitors in their midst that would seek to cause trouble. The people that he had left behind all had weapons. When necessary, they would be able to suppress any uprising.

Xuan Tian Ming’s words helped calm Yao Shu. As for the things that Feng Yu Heng had given Yao Shu, it made him feel that she was very close. He said that she was his younger sister, and he would not accept the money, but he would feel more at ease with the medicine that had been prepared. He had heard that the South was extremely hot, and his government office would be in Yue Ping City. When setting out, he really was worried that he would not be able to endure the heat.

Fortunately, Feng Yu Heng had already established Hundred Herb Halls in the cities of Sha Ping, Jue Ping, and Yue Ping in this short period of time. Among these, the one in Jue Ping City was the largest. She had also left Wang Lin over there, advising him to slowly expand Hundred Herb Hall into the other three cities, but there was no rush. The most important thing was still to put all of their efforts into expanding Yue Ping City. After all, Yue Ping City’s position in the desert was uncommon. It also had the largest population. The city also had an oasis in the center, and its climate was relatively better. After she returned to the capital, she would need to begin sending people to the Hundred Herb Halls in the other areas. Then more people would need to be sent into the desert. Also, they needed to continue training doctors. Who knew if her grandfather had trained any new doctors during these few months.