900

I Have Come!

Feng Yu Heng’s so-called reliability really was reliable. It was only after Feng Yu Heng brought something forward from behind her that the people realized that there was something behind Imperial Daughter Ji An. It was just that this thing was covered in a cloth, and nobody could tell what it was. Now, they saw her remove the cloth, and the people could not help but inhale sharply!

It was a longbow carved out of ancient black jade. The string was made of ice cicada silk, and there were many colorful jewels encrusted on its body, and there was a layer of light that covered it like a fog. For those that looked at it, they could not stop themselves from averting their eyes.

They were all soldiers that went onto the battlefield to fight in battles. Everyone had a certain understanding of bows, and they knew what was a good bow, what was a great bow and what sort of bow a great general would use. They had even looked into what sorts of bows the ninth prince’s Divine Archery Team used. But when this bow appeared in front of them, everyone was dazed.

They heard Feng Yu Heng’s voice steadily grow louder: “This thing is called the Hou Yi Bow, and it is one of Da Shun’s treasures. It was crafted out of cold black jade, and it has a mass of 186 jin. My Da Shun’s founding ancestor used this bow to establish my Da Shun country. And ever since that time, the ruler has granted the holder of this bow, regardless of whether they be male or female, free entrance into any of Da Shun’s military camps and allow them to help in managing the armies to ensure peace in the world! Say, does this imperial daughter have the right to enter this Southern Army camp?”

These words shocked the army.

The Hou Yi Bow, even if they had never seen it, they had definitely heard of it. In addition to this, they had heard that the Emperor had already given the Hou Yi Bow to Imperial Daughter Ji An. Earlier, when Deputy General Tong had said that Imperial Daughter Ji An should not be allowed to enter the military camp, there were some that felt that it was not quite right, but they could not figure out why. It was only now that they had remembered. Imperial Daughter Ji An was the one that held the Hou Yi Bow. What right did the one surnamed Tong have to stop her from entering the military camp?

With the shock of the Hou Yi Bow, there was no longer anyone else that dared to say another word. Feng Yu Heng saw that this shock had obtained the desired outcome, thus they did not continue to linger on that topic. There were some things that did not need to be repeatedly emphasized after it had already reached a certain point. As for these people, if they could not even understand such reasoning, and if they still could not figure out where they should stand after this shock, there really was no need to keep this Southern Army camp. It was just a waste of space in the army.

She held the Hou Yi Bow in her hand and said: “In truth, His Highness the ninth prince and I were even more anxious than you about the supplies from the capital being stolen. Although we have already investigated the truth of the matter, and although we have already shut down that textiles shop in Lan Zhou, those supplies have already been turned to ash. They can no longer be recovered. For the sake of ensuring you do not starve, and for the sake of ensuring that you have food to eat, the ninth prince took out a large sum of his own money and had this imperial daughter go to Lan Zhou and the Luo Province to begin buying. Within four hours, the supplies will arrive. Say, instead of clearly asking for the reason, you just go along with causing a scene. Have you ever thought of how this would trample on the kindness of His Highness the ninth prince? Have you ever wondered how much money it costs to keep an army of 300 thousand? If you don’t believe it, you can go to inside Luo Province’s borders to ask around to see if this imperial daughter has spent the past few days buying supplies. See if there were orders with the local farmers to send food over on a set schedule. See if even plentiful amounts of vegetables and meat were ordered for you!”