845

Punishing Bandits

In truth, she really wanted to get washed and changed inside her space, but this place was inconvenient. Thinking a bit, she gave up and made do with getting washed up here. When they reached Hai Zhou, she would get her rest at that time.

The old woman paid close attention to the matter of an attack by the bandits at night, as she repeatedly advised Feng Yu Heng to quickly set out the next morning. Things would be better once she left. Feng Yu Heng knew that they were not bandits, but she had no way of explaining to the old woman. She just nodded and thanked her for her kind intentions and did not say anything else. It was just that the three-year-old boy had been given a shock and had been crying the entire time. No matter how his mother coaxed him, it did not work. He ended up crying for two hours, and there still did not appear to be any signs of stopping. Gradually, he began to lose his voice.

Feng Yu Heng returned to her carriage, and when she returned, she held a bamboo cup in her hand that had been filled with milk that she had taken from her space. She had the young woman heat it up and feed it to the young child. Sure enough, after the young child drank something, he stopped crying. The young woman endlessly expressed her thanks and said that the family did not have any money for such a nice thing. She just waved her hand and expressed that she did not mind such things.

The old woman saw that she was kind hearted and felt apologetic. Overnight, she went to her neighbors and managed to scrape together half a bowl of corn flour. Going over to the stove, she made a corn congee. It was very thin, but it was already the best that the villagers could provide.

Feng Yu Heng had Huang Quan and Wang Chuan give some to the people outside, and they used the bowls that they had brought. Each person could only get half a bowl, but in any case, it was warm. It was pretty decent. She thought a bit. There was plenty of rice and noodles in her space. When they left, she could secretly leave some along with some silver to express her thanks.

They passed the night like this, and Wang Lin began to arrange for them to set out once more early the next morning. The old woman urged them to quickly leave; otherwise, they might end up getting attacked once more if they could not get out of the mountains.

Feng Yu Heng did not want to delay it any longer, leaving behind a few cups of milk for the child. She then brought Xiang Rong and the others back to the carriage. The old woman and the young woman sent them out of the yard, and the young child repeatedly thanked Feng Yu Heng. He was quite a sharp child. But before she could even climb into her carriage, something very unexpected happened. Bandits really came from the mountains!

This time, Feng Yu Heng really had run into bandits. No matter how useless she was, she was still able to differentiate between bandits and specialty soldiers. It was just that these people wore more common clothing, but from their appearance, they did not have much of a bandit aura. They were very ferocious, as they charged straight toward the small yard from the mountain. It was such that Huang Quan thought that they had come to mug them, as she said to Ban Zou: “It’s just these few people. You can handle it on your own, right? They’re looking down on us too much. If they want to mug us, they should send more people.”

Indeed, there were a total of six bandits. The leader was a man with a large beard, and he had a manly appearance. But the people did not pay attention to Huang Quan. They did not even stop in front of Feng Yu Heng’s group of carriages. They just went straight to the young woman’s side, and the bearded man grabbed her arm, loudly shouting: “Come with me!”