829

It’s Already Too Late

It was impossible for the Sheng Palace to not be affected by the feelings of the officials, but to the current Xuan Tian Mo, these people were no longer important. He needed to replenish his ranks and plan out his strength once more, especially in the capital. He had to make use of the time when both Feng Yu Heng and Xuan Tian Ming had left to bolster his strength. He had to reorganize his strength without restraint and improve even more.

At this time in the Feng residence, Feng Fen Dai brought her maidservant, Dong Ying, to stroll around in the residence, and this had continued for two days. Dong Ying accompanied her, and although Feng Fen Dai did not say a word, this smart servant could understand a few of her master’s thoughts.

The previous morning, Imperial Daughter Ji An had left the capital, and her young miss had secretly gone to send her off. It was just that she did not openly make an appearance. She did not even go forward to say a single thing. The usually arrogant and domineering fourth young miss that had never gotten along with Imperial Daughter Ji An revealed a bit of reluctance in her eyes when watching Imperial Daughter Ji An leave the capital. There was also a look of envy that was hard to hide. It was the first time that she had ever seen her young miss like this. The sight from that moment was still clear in her mind, and it was impossible to get rid of.

After returning to the residence, the fourth young miss just continued to idly stroll around the residence. She even stood for a long time in front of the courtyard where the third young miss and concubine mother An had lived. Who knew what she was thinking about.

Dong Ying silently accompanied Fen Dai around the residence until her feet began to hurt. Finally, Feng Fen Dai stood in front of Feng Jin Yuan’s former study and suddenly sneered, muttering to herself: “The Feng family’s daughter of the first wife? Over the years, I have wholeheartedly wanted to ascend to the position of the Feng family’s daughter of the first wife. Thinking about it now, it really is a joke! The Feng family no longer exists. So what about born of the first wife or born of a concubine?”

She was so angry that her entire body shook. Slamming a fist against the hedge outside the courtyard, her fingers became scratched and bloody. Dong Ying quickly pulled out a handkerchief in a start and went to help wrap her up hand. While wrapping it up, she advised: “Young Miss, don’t be like this. Things have already passed. In the future, we should live our own lives. What does it matter what surname is on the residence? Sooner or later, you will marry into the Li Palace. At that time, the people will only know you as the official wife of the Li Palace. It will be unrelated to the Feng family.” The servant had been with Fen Dai for such a long time, and she had seen all of Feng Jin Yuan’s self-harming deeds. It could be said that there was not a single person in the Feng residence that did not disdain Feng Jin Yuan as long as they thought of Feng Jin Yuan. Even Feng Fen Dai, who also sought her own death, they felt that she should feel a bit sympathetic.

Fen Dai did not refuse Dong Ying bandaging her hand. She just stood there and look at the room before her and suddenly asked: “Dong Ying, say, if I had chosen to stand on the same side as Feng Yu Heng, would today’s situation be different?”

Dong Ying was startled, and she did not know if Fen Dai had thought things through or was feeling annoyed, and she did not dare to respond for a little while.

Fen Dai then added: “I know that you are a thoughtful servant. Just speak truthfully. Just speak what you think.”

Dong Ying settled her thoughts and finished tying up the handkerchief. Helping put down Fen Dai’s hand, she lowered her head and said: “Since Fourth Young Miss asked, this servant will venture to say a few things. In the past, when we were in the former Feng manor, this servant was young and was sent around to do various chores in each of the courtyards, and my knowledge about the master’s matters was lacking. But ever since this servant has begun serving Fourth Young Miss, this servant was still ignorant at the very beginning, only knowing that Fourth Young Miss was this servant’s master, and everything was done with master in mind. But gradually, as time passed, and this servant saw more things and experienced these changes, this servant felt that Second Young Miss was indeed correct.”