943

How Is the Capital This Shabby

Concubine Liu’s illness claimed the lives of everyone in the Liu family. Nobody thought that Feng Yu Heng would be so violent in her actions. The members of the eighth prince’s faction were all shaken by this horror, and they no longer dared to take any actions, choosing to submit. After all, Feng Yu Heng had too much influence, and the ninth prince had just returned from a victorious campaign. This truly was not a good time to launch a counterattack.

There were even some who said that the case of the Liu family was a result of a failure in the eighth prince’s judgment. He did not understand enough, such that it caused this big mistake. For a while, the people had numerous complaints about the eighth prince, but it was not enough to completely collapse the faction. It was just that more people chose to observe and would not participate in the eighth prince’s plans.

Of course, Xuan Tian Mo would not be so foolish as to forge ahead in this sort of situation. Speaking of, Liu Huai’s case was mostly just to probe Xuan Tian Ming and Feng Yu Heng. It was just that the outcome of this probe caused him to feel worried. His opponent’s methods were so cruel that they really caused quite a headache.

Liu Huai’s execution was set for the end of Autumn. Through Xuan Tian Ming’s efforts, everyone in the capital knew what the Liu family had done to make the Emperor mad enough to execute their entire family. Harming a member of the imperial harem and harming Princess Yu, which one of those were entities that people could tolerate being offended, especially Princess Yu. To the people of the capital, Feng Yu Heng’s life was their life. If there was anyone that did not get along with Feng Yu Heng, that would be the same as having all of the people in the capital as enemies.

At the beginning of the ninth month, the days were getting colder. Qing Yu brought a stack of accounting journals to Feng Yu Heng. This stack was much thicker than when she was in the imperial daughter’s manor, and Qing Yu told her: “Aside from the shops from our imperial daughter’s manor, there are also the shops from the Yu Palace. Eunuch Zhang already organized them and had this servant bring them for Young Miss to take a look at. Also, there is one from the third young miss’ embroidery shop…” As she spoke, she pulled out a journal that was a bit thinner, “Concubine Mother An entrusted this servant with the shop in the capital before heading to Ji An Prefecture. This servant already told concubine mother An that someone would be sent over with a report every three months. Right now, Young Miss happens to be in the capital, so it was brought over for Young Miss to take a look first.” While she spoke, she flipped through it a bit, “A small embroidery shop truly cannot compare to our shops in terms of sales, but that shop has a storage room sealed up. The things in that storage room are worth a bit of money.”

“Oh?” Feng Yu Heng froze, “What is it?”

Qing Yu told her: “It’s the dowry that was scammed from the prefect of Luo Province. Before leaving, concubine mother An told this servant that those things were also brought to the shop when they moved out of the Feng residence. Originally, they should have been part of the third young miss’ dowry, but the third young miss already said that she does not want those things. She wanted to leave them to be added to young miss’ dowry. She also said to have it brought to the Yu Palace after Young Miss returned to the capital. Earlier, Hundred Herb Hall was reopened, and a medical school was opened. This servant was so busy that I forgot about this matter.”

Hearing her say this, Feng Yu Heng also recalled that there was indeed such a thing, and she recalled that Xiang Rong had not provided a gift with Xuan Tian Ge and the others for her wedding in the South. It turned out that the reason was that it had been left in the capital, and she had left for Ji An Prefecture early on, thus she had no way of bringing it. But… “What would I want that stuff for?” She smiled bitterly, “Xiang Rong, that girl, is the same as her mother. She thinks about too much. She is my younger sister. It’s always the elder sister that provides a gift for the younger sister. She has not gotten married yet. What is she giving me a gift to add to my dowry for?! How could I be lacking for anything. Just leave them for her!”