971

Two Paths Never to Cross Again

This palace banquet had been unpleasant from the very beginning, and now this sort of thing had happened, yet Imperial Concubine Li actually said to have it continue. How should it continue?

Everyone had this doubt in mind. Imperial Concubine Li did not want to conclude this palace banquet.

But they just could not understand. What was the point of continuing such an unpleasant palace banquet? Why did she not want to let it conclude? If this was anyone else, they would probably be all too eager to see it end. Was there something wrong with Imperial Concubine Li’s head?

But complaints were just complaints. Imperial Concubine Li had given this order with her position, thus it was not good for the people to say that they would be leaving immediately. Moreover, they also wanted to wait for a bit to see whether or not those three would survive. If they did end up dying, how would they settle this debt with Feng Yuheng?

Zhu Kongshan walked in the middle of the crowd, and she had many friends gathered around her. They were all asking her what she thought of this. But what could she possibly think of this? The situation was what it was. Even if Noble Lady Yuan herself was here, she could not get the slightest advantage on Feng Yuheng. She was a girl without any rank or title. How much ability could she have to overturn the heavens? Right now, she was thinking that she must not get too entrenched in conflict with Feng Yuheng. Based on Feng Yuheng’s rude and unreasonable style, getting too engaged would not be beneficial in the slightest.

Zhu Kongshan had her thoughts, while Fendai held Xiao Bao’s hand and chased after Feng Yuheng, saying very beautifully: “Second sister, thank you.”

Feng Yuheng glanced at her then shook her head, saying: “No need, I saw that you were truly distressed for this child. Since you are doting on him, you should pay a little more attention to him, rather than leaving him to the side in pursuit of momentary joy. People with their own motives might not dare to oppose you directly; however, they can make moves behind your back. Your actions ended up affecting Xiao Bao.”

Fendai nodded, “Many thanks second sister for the advice. I know how to protect my younger brother.” After saying this, she did not look at Feng Yuheng any longer. Pulling Xiao Bao along, she quickly went ahead and entered the parlor.

Feng Yuheng walked slowly and deliberately told Xuan Tiange and the others that there was no need to wait for her. It was only after the rest of the group slowly entered Zhang Ning Palace that Huang Quan asked in confusion: “Young miss staying behind, is something the matter?”

Feng Yuheng did not speak. She just scratched her chin, and Huang Quan followed her gaze. There, she saw a couple maidservants standing roughly five or six paces to the left of Zhang Ning Palace’s entrance. They were flailing their arms and stomping their feet. They were very cold and looked like they were grumbling. Huang Quan recognized them: “Aren’t those the two servants who entered the capital with the Zhu family’s young miss? Why did they not go in and are standing outside?”

Feng Yuheng said: “I only saw them enter through Rui Gate with Zhu Kongshan. After that, they have been left outside the entire time. Say, if it was you and Wang Chuan, would I leave you two to freeze outside on such a cold day?”

Huang Quan shook her head: “Young miss has treated this servant and Wang Chuan like sisters. No matter what, it would be impossible that you would leave us outside.” After saying this, she laughed, “But this servant and Wang Chuan both have inner strength. Even if we were to stand guard outside for young miss, we would not end up like this.”