910

Ceremony Completed, Send to Bridal Chamber

The Emperor’s mouth was still stuffed with meat. Suddenly hearing Imperial Concubine Yun say this, especially the word “home,” it caused him to become so emotional that he could not say a single word.

Home, this word was very alien to him. Ever since he was young, he had been raised inside the Imperial Palace. He had one father and many mothers. Later on, he became the ruler and had a country. He had the world; however, he did not have a home. He had taken many women into his palace, right, this place was called a palace and not a home. The women in the palace belonged to him, but before he met Yun Pian Pian, he did not feel as though any of them fit the title of “wife.” This included the Empress.

In this life, his happiest days were from 20 years earlier, when he had left the palace and met Yun Pian Pian in a mountain village. If it was not for needing to worry about the world, he really would have wanted to remain in that mountain village for the rest of his life, taking care of this woman and the peaceful life.

He swallowed the food in his mouth and looked up at Imperial Concubine Yun. This woman had an awkward look on her face while ignoring him; however, it was no longer that same coldness that had been there in the past. She said to him: “Was your childhood very bitter? Eating so desperately just from seeing some meat. Not even worrying about choking yourself to death.” After saying this, she pushed a cup of sour plum drink over to him. Although it was pushed without any refinement and was done with some anger, it was done for his sake.

The Emperor wiped his face and chuckled. Without saying anything, he picked up the cup and took a sip. When he moved his chopsticks once more, he did not continue with the meats. Instead, he went to grab some vegetables.

“Then I will come home for every meal.” The Emperor happily thought to himself, “Can I sleep at home each night?”

Imperial Concubine Yun, however, did not reciprocate, only saying: “I have become accustomed to living alone. I do not wish to share this peaceful place with anyone.”

The Emperor did not press the issue. After all, compared to being separated by a wall for so many years, the current situation was already too many times better. He could not ask for too much at once. Thus he nodded, “I won’t come, I won’t come. You can do as you like. I will just come over for three meals each day. Don’t exhaust yourself. It’s fine to leave the cooking to the servants.”

Imperial Concubine Yun rolled her eyes and did not say anything; however, there was a chilling aura that made her feel unapproachable, as she gently said: “Ming’er and A-Heng are getting married. My Ming’er is finally getting married…”

In the South, the wedding sedan arrived in Jue Ping City before evening. There was a timezone difference in the desert, as the sun continued to shine as bright as the middle of the day, even during the evening.

The sounds of joy never ceased along the way. After entering Jue Ping City, the sound of fireworks immediately filled the air, combining with the loud voices of the celebrating citizens. The cheers never died down even after they reached the residence that Xuan Tian Ming had prepared. Wang Chuan said to Feng Yu Heng from outside the sedan: “Young Miss, it really is lively. The citizens are all carrying baskets with things that they have brought from home as wedding gifts. They said that they wanted to present them to you and His Highness the ninth prince to celebrate the wedding.”