945

Someone Came to Deliver a Gift

When they returned home, Lady Zhou was sorting things in the front yard. It looked as though they had just been sent over by someone, but there did not seem to be anything of great value. Feng Yu Heng took a look, and most of it appeared to be food products.

Seeing that she had returned, Lady Zhou quickly said: “This was just sent over by a young miss, and she left a letter behind, saying that it was to be given to Princess.” As Lady Zhou spoke, she handed the letter to Feng Yu Heng then described that young miss’ appearance: “She did not look to be from the capital. She looked quite unfamiliar and came in a carriage pulled by two horses. She looked very elegant and had a very comforting appearance. She should not be familiar with Princess and just said that it was an official visit. The things that were brought are all specialties from Peng Zhou. This old servant saw that there wasn’t much of value, but in any case, they are some kind intentions. Moreover, she left behind a letter. She said that Princess would immediately know who she was after reading it. This old servant only accepted after hearing that.”

“Peng Zhou?” Feng Yu Heng froze then thought about the description given by Lady Zhou of her appearance, as an understanding began to form. “She visited so quickly?” She smiled and received the letter. She then looked at the specialty goods and thought that the younger cousin really was earnest, understanding that gifts needed to be unique. The Yu Palace had no shortage of nice things. As for the things it was lacking, it was likely that she could not bring them out. That was why she simply decided on giving some specialty food products. The intention had been received, and it gave off an earnest feeling.

“Princess knows who she is?” Lady Zhou could begin to guess, “To come from Peng Zhou…” She frowned for a bit, “Could it be…”

“Your guess is correct.” Feng Yu Heng knew that Lady Zhou had definitely guessed that girl’s identity. After all, Lady Zhou was someone who had been in the capital for a long time. In the past, she had worked in the imperial palace. How could she not know about what relatives the members of the imperial harem had for the sake of fighting for favor? “Since these things have been delivered, we will just make a return gift in accordance with what is proper! It will be fine if it’s neither intimate nor too distant.”

This was Feng Yu Heng’s suggestion, and Lady Zhou felt that it was appropriate, thus she nodded and would do as instructed. As for the food that had been brought, she saw that there were quite a few sun-dried vegetables. These were things frequently seen in the countryside, but to the people of the capital, it really was something fresh. She had eaten them when she was younger, but ever since she entered the palace, and later the Yu Palace, she had not tasted this flavor. seeing it now, she felt quite nostalgic.

“It must be said that these things are very delicious, but it just remains unknown if the things that they sent can be eaten.” She muttered this, and her tone carried a bit of regret.

“Eat?” Feng Yu Heng heard this and looked at them before saying: “They can indeed be eaten. They would not go so far as to directly bring poison into the Yu Palace.” While saying this, she squatted down and picked up the dried vegetables and smelled them, one by one. She then nodded: “Go ahead and eat. There’s nothing wrong.”

Hearing that there was nothing wrong, Lady Zhou happily called people to bring the items to the kitchen, “Dried vegetables need to be soaked first. They won’t be ready for dinner tonight. Let’s have the kitchen make it for lunch tomorrow. Princess can have a taste of something fresh.”