875

His Highness the Ninth Prince Is a Heavenly Deity!

On the first night after Xuan Tian Ming arrived in the South, he did not give the enemy any time to breathe. Leading the 115 thousand troops from the capital, he launched an attack on Gu Shu’s first city, Sha Ping City.

The 300 thousand troops that had originally been stationed in the South were never part of his plans. At present, the ninth prince did not even turn his attention toward them. Bringing his own troops, he did not say anything and rushed straight toward Sha Ping City. He did not even set up a council meeting first, nor did he even dismount his horse. After arriving in the South, he headed straight in the direction of Sha Ping City for a while until night fell. Waving the flag, everyone charged forward.

As for Gu Shu’s city defenses that the eighth prince had considered the best, adding in a coalition army, there were more than 500 thousand soldiers stationed in Sha Ping City. For some reason, when the ninth prince’s army attacked, they crumbled like tofu. It was broken through without any resistance. Not even the 300 thousand troops of the Southern Army reacted. All of a sudden, they heard a loud sound, and Sha Ping City’s walls fell. The enemy army at the top began to fall down.

Not only was Gu Shu’s army in a panic, but even the 300 thousand troops of the Southern Army were startled. Nobody knew what sort of method the ninth prince had used and could actually take over Sha Ping City in a single blow. They could even see Gu Shu and the coalition army fleeing in retreat. It was as though the ninth prince was a prince of hell. Anyone that got close to him would die.

Some people had seen things a bit more clearly and found that the sudden and loud sound came from something that had been thrown by the ninth prince’s army. They could not clearly say what it was, but they only knew that the thing would explode upon hitting Sha Ping City’s walls. Not only did it cause a loud sound, but it was quite damaging too. Following this loud sound, a hole would appear in the city wall. With many explosions, the wall fell. There was not even a need to break through the city’s gate. They could just directly create a new gate.

Xuan Tian Ming’s army entered Sha Ping City after using this sort of method to break down the city’s walls. After this, there were no other people that threw those things. Instead, they used a new thing. Some people carried strange weapons and began to shoot forward. They also caused a very loud sound, but nothing exploded. Instead, the enemy army that did not have time to escape ended up riddled with bloody holes. Those that were struck by this hidden weapon immediately died. In an instant, Sha Ping City was filled with a sea of blood.

This large battle did not just frighten away Gu Shu’s army. It also allowed Xuan Tian Ming’s army to take over Sha Ping City. It also scared the Southern Army of 300 thousand witless. It allowed them to see the might of the ninth prince of hell. As for the citizens of Lan Zhou, who were nearby, they did not sleep for the entire night. From the sound of the first explosion, everyone got up. They came out of their rooms and turned to look South.

But they could not see anything. Lan Zhou, as a border city, had an extremely tall city wall, and it completely blocked everything out. But that sort of exploding sound was completely foreign to them. It was as though the earth was also thundering, trembling again and again. Some people were afraid, fearing that the earth dragon was rolling over*, but they also felt that this was not the case because the earth would only tremble when the sounds occurred. To Lan Zhou City, it did not pose an actual threat.

Very quickly, the guards stationed at the gates received the first bit of news. Of course, this news came from their own eyes. They stood on their own walls and watched. Although there was a large stretch of land between Sha Ping City and Lan Zhou City, they could still faintly see a bit of fire, as well as the 100 thousand troops fighting in close quarters. When Sha Ping City’s walls fell, the dust that rose seemed to be able to traverse that stretch of land and directly enter Lan Zhou. This made it so the people had no choice but to cover their faces.