870

A New Betrothal Gift

Upon hearing that they would go and look for His Highness the seventh prince, the two let out a sigh of relief and repeatedly agreed. They were then led by Huang Quan to their new living area.

As for Feng Yu Heng, she immediately began to write a report to the Emperor, telling him about the situation. At the same time, she wrote a letter to Xuan Tian Hua. In this letter, she expressed her anger without any reservation. In short, she was just very angry, and she would definitely need to get revenge. She trusted that Xuan Tian Hua could understand her feelings. Old Eighth also had not thought of going easy on this.

Aside from this, Feng Yu Heng did not remain idle. On that night, she ordered people to bring along the list of roughly 20 people to the mine to capture the people. At the same time, those two would be brought along to expose them. They would stand before everyone to expose the eighth prince’s guilt.

Among the roughly 20 people that had been captured, there were some that were the eighth prince’s specialty soldiers. They refused to acknowledge a single word of what was being said, but there were also people that were not as resolute, especially when they heard the two analyze: “These actions were carried out ahead of time and caught our sons. Next time, if something similar was to happen, you should make preparations to be called!”

Once these words came out, those people were not fools, and they had no choice but to analyze it as well. This analysis led them to the same conclusion. Thus there was another portion of people that were shaken and moved to stand on Feng Yu Heng’s side. They also provided a large amount of evidence of the eighth prince’s guilt. There was even someone that said: “The collapse of the mine was not at all a natural disaster. Instead, it was the eighth prince that gave the order to have us secretly hollow it out and implement a mechanism. Once the order was given, the mechanism would be activated, and the collapse would immediately begin.”

When the people heard these words, they all had a mental collapse. They did not understand why the eighth prince would do things like this. Could it be that they were not Da Shun’s citizens? Could it be that the eighth prince was not one of Da Shun’s princes?

Cries shook the air, and at the same time, the people that had gathered began to loudly curse the eighth prince. Finally, someone loudly suggested: “Let’s work together to report this! Let’s have Imperial Daughter and His Highness the sixth prince help us write a complaint to the Emperor. We must expose the eighth prince’s guilt. This sort of person cannot be left to harm anyone else!”

This suggestion was quickly met with everyone’s approval. Xuan Tian Feng, who had gone with Feng Yu Heng, nodded and even took the initiative to help them write their complaint. Just like this, a few hundred complaints were written up overnight and were sent along to the capital with the people that had begun opposing the eighth prince. Feng Yu Heng dispatched all of her hidden guards to protect them and to ensure their safety.

Once again, the people believed that only someone like Imperial Daughter Ji An was worthy of being a master. The people loudly shouted “Imperial Daughter Ji An” as if those four words were what they believed in. As long as Imperial Daughter Ji An was present, they would live an entire life without worry.

Feng Yu Heng heard these shouts and felt quite gratified. The nerves and exhaustion that she had been forcefully enduring was finally relieved, but with her relaxing, she lost her strength and immediately fell unconscious. The last thing that she noticed was Xuan Tian Feng rushing over to catch her and that person’s concerned expression.