911

Using a City as Our Wedding Gift

Inside Jue Ping City, the ninth prince was getting married to Imperial Daughter Ji An. In the capital, the Yao family’s banquet began in the morning and continued into the night. Aside from this, there was another place that had been lively as a result of their wedding. That would be Ji An Prefecture, which had seen a resurgence with Feng Yu Heng’s arrival!

To Ji An Prefecture, Imperial Daughter Ji An was the soul of the prefecture. Even the people of Yu Zhou admired Feng Yu Heng. News of the imperial daughter’s wedding had reached this side long ago. For the sake of Feng Yu Heng’s happiness, Qian Feng Shou had arranged for some activities in Yu Zhou and Ji An Prefecture to celebrate. From the moment they woke up, there were fireworks being set off. As noon approached, the main road in Ji An Prefecture was used to put on a play.

The ones that traveled the furthest had come from Hai Zhou. They had all come bearing wedding gifts. Although they could not be handed to Feng Yu Heng herself, the thought was what mattered, and they felt at peace.

In regards to the gifts, Qian Feng Shou accepted them all; however, they were not taken for himself. Instead, a separate account was opened. After discussing it with the sixth prince, Xuan Tian Feng, the two made a decision for Feng Yu Heng. The food and other usable goods would be sent into the imperial daughter’s manor. As for things like expensive furniture and display pieces, they were sold for money, which would be placed in the account. As for this account, it would be an account that would be provided by Imperial Daughter Ji An for the citizens of Ji An Prefecture and Yu Zhou. It would be used to help the poor.

The people were in favor of handling things in this manner. The cheers in Yu Zhou and Ji An Prefecture became even louder after this matter.

At this time, the sixth prince, Xuan Tian Feng, did not go out to watch the play in the streets. He remained in his study inside the imperial daughter’s manor. With a brush in his hand, he wrote the character for “celebration” on a piece of paper. A look of sorrow faintly appeared on his face; however, this was quickly replaced by gratification. He slightly opened his mouth and muttered to himself: “Finally able to see the girl with endless hopes get married, sixth brother wishes you happiness.” After saying this, he wrote the character for “celebration” once more.

After being sent to the bridal chamber, there would still be another rite. It was just that this rite did not require the one presiding over the wedding to be completed. Instead, it relied on the grannies in the manor who had both sons had daughters and who were in good health. They brought the bride and groom over to the bed, where they sat down. Their clothes were pulled together, and the nuptial wine was poured. All manners of auspicious things were said, as they watched the two drink the nuptial wine. Only then were plates of dates, peanuts, longan fruit and lotus seeds brought forward. The two then ate a bit of everything before saying some more auspicious words. Only then was this rite completed.

The newlywed husband did not need to remove the bridal veil at this moment. He first needed to go out and chat with the guests and toast them. The newlywed bride would remain there and wait until the banquet ended and the husband returned. Only then would it truly be their bridal chamber.

Right before leaving, Xuan Tian Ming whispered into Feng Yu Heng’s ear: “I won’t drink too much wine. Tonight, we should be a little more alert. Most of the soldiers in the military camp have come into the city to participate in the festivities. I feel that Gu Shu’s general will not pass up such a good opportunity. It’s possible that they will attack tonight.”