956

Imperial Decree Causes Some Waves

The Emperor’s imperial decree had taken all of the good deeds that Zhu Kongshan had done for the eighth prince and attributed them to Imperial Concubine Li. The Empress remained frozen in place. After asking that question, she saw the Emperor look at her in confusion and ask her: “What is it? Does the Empress find it improper? Are there any objections to Our arrangements?”

How could the Empress dare to have any objections to the Emperor’s arrangements; however, she had indeed come today for the sake of this matter. Now, things had gone in the opposite direction. Not only did she not help with Noble Lady Yuan’s “request,” but it was also very likely that she had caused that woman some vexation. She felt a little apprehensive and quickly thought to herself about what sort of reaction Noble Lady Yuan would have upon learning this information.

“Since there are no objections, Zhang Yuan! Quickly go and announce this decree!”

Seeing Zhang Yuan had already left Heavenly Hall, the Empress thought for a bit and reluctantly asked: “They are both aunts, so Noble Lady Yuan…”

“Hah!” The Emperor waved his hand, “A little girl did some kind deeds. Although she has been praised, it’s not enough to put two noble ladies back in the position of imperial concubine. Imperial Concubine Li and Noble Lady Yuan are sisters, and Noble Lady Yuan is the older sister. When there are good things, it’s natural for the older sister to give way to the younger sister. Either way, it’s their family’s matter. We trust that Noble Lady Yuan has always been benevolent and definitely won’t argue with this matter.”

Benevolent? The Empress felt that this ruler never had a clear understanding of what the word benevolent meant. If Noble Lady Yuan could be considered benevolent, there would be no petty people in this world. She helplessly nodded. Having been a married couple for a few decades, she understood this ruler too well. Nobody could oppose the Emperor’s words and decisions aside from himself. Of course, if there really was someone who would oppose him, it would only be Imperial Concubine Yun and her son.

“Your Majesty is very correct.” The Empress weakly squeezed these words out then accompanied him in Heavenly Hall for a while before finally finding an excuse to leave. Just after she exited the hall, her body swayed, and she nearly fell over.

When Zhang Yuan reached Jing Si Palace to announce the imperial decree, Noble Lady Li was still analyzing the likelihood of successfully acting as a matchmaker for Feng Yuheng and Xuan Tianfeng. As she saw it, even if Feng Yuheng had already gotten married, as long as her son was liked it, she could ignore anything else. After all, she was not a normal girl. In this world, who knew if another girl like Feng Yuheng could be found. Only this sort of talent was worthy of being at her Feng’er’s side, and only by having this sort of talent at her Feng’er’s side could she support Feng’er in succeeding.

Zuo’er stood to the side and took care of her. Seeing Noble Lady Li’s pensive appearance, she did not even need to think to know what her master was thinking. She felt that Noble Lady Li had definitely gone crazy. To dare to even consider such a wild idea and even dare to realize it, if things continued like this, something would definitely happen!

Just as she wanted to step forward and say a few words of advice to Noble Lady Li to give up on this idea, she heard a sound come from outside the door. Following this, many people entered Jing Si Palace, as they heard a eunuch announce: “An imperial decree has arrived! Noble Lady Li to receive the decree!”